Sponsored by:

Found a Aquamist water injection system on my car

Search this Thread

Old 26 February 2013, 09:01 PM
coleman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Found a Aquamist water injection system on my car

While pulling apart my car yesterday to remove an expired turbo, i found i had a Water injection kit fitted, which i knew nothing about.

My question is, what would it of been used for? Back in the day i had the above kit fitted on a R5 GTT as a crude way on controlling DET.

Are they used on Imprezas to inject Meth? I always thought you mixed the meth with the petrol(haven't looked into it much).

It also looks like it may of once been in API due to a couple of API branded hoses doted around the car.

Anyway, always nice to find goodies you never knew about

Thanks

Last edited by coleman; 26 February 2013 at 09:03 PM.
Old 27 February 2013, 04:51 PM
DT-SPD
Scooby Regular

I would have thought it would be used for preventing the onset of det rather than injecting meth, a nice find tho and might as well make use of it.
Old 27 February 2013, 06:59 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Usually used to control det, would have been mapped for it so don't run out of water

I run 50/50 meth and water injection, the 12 litre tank in the boot, big pump under the bonnet and flow meter dial in car is a bit of a giveaway though..

Shaun
Old 27 February 2013, 07:50 PM
coleman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Midlife......
Usually used to control det, would have been mapped for it so don't run out of water

I run 50/50 meth and water injection, the 12 litre tank in the boot, big pump under the bonnet and flow meter dial in car is a bit of a giveaway though..

Shaun
The intake pipe isn't connected to anything, just a pipe coming from the pump and neatly tucked up against the windscreen washer bottle, couldn't see no plugs or taps in the washer bottle.

I did the same thing with my 5GTT, had it drawing water from the washer bottle, there was talk at the time screen wash containing methanol.

Anyway the whole system is all fitted, the spray jet is drilled into the Y pipe on the underside of the intercooler, the pressure switch is located on the firewall.

Only things need doing are replacing the 15amp fuse and connecting it up to a water supply.

I'll be honest, i'll wait till i get it mapped(not sure if it has) to get it setup properly, just read on a few U.S forums they actually use to the kit to inject neat meth.
Old 27 February 2013, 07:56 PM
coleman
Scooby Regular

It does look like its had some real money spent on it due to some of the mods, but the guy i bought it from didnt really know much about its history apart from the usual services and mot's and cambelt change.

Mods include

Full APS exhaust
APS top mount intercooler
APS 70mm wing mounted intake
Tein coilovers
Greedy boost controller