Sponsored by:

Don't buy this !

Search this Thread

Old 19 February 2013, 09:11 PM
type roo
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Don't buy this !

T139VHK. I would avoid ! My old car, looks like poss engine swap, goodies taken off, did have,
Syvecs ecu mapped by JGM ALS/ launch
Coilovers
Full Samco hose kit
Full titanium exhaust
Hks rs pipes / filter
Zero sports under tray etc

Shame, was a lovely car when I owned it

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	181.1 KB
ID:	11226
Old 19 February 2013, 09:36 PM
ST-X
Scooby Regular

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Having spent the past few weekends looking at various cars there are definitely more to be avoided out there than there are on the 'must buy' list.

There was a 54 plate black wagon for sale in Rochdale I'd steer well clear of...repainted bootlid with heavy sanding marks under the lacquer, rust coming through on a few arches, damaged facia and headunit surround (will need painted), knackered rear shocks and a front wheel that's been kerbed against something so hard at speed that it's cracked two of the twin spokes nearly all the way through. Needless to say it doesn't track particularly straight or true...very unimpressed given the dealer was still trying to tell me it was a lovely, well cared for car that was a true credit to the previous owners.

Oh, and the 2 owner, immaculate '53 saloon in West Lothian that turned out to be a 4 owner cat C write-off. And no, the owner wasn't particularly forthcoming with that info and suddenly went quiet when presented with the HPI...
Old 19 February 2013, 09:39 PM
type roo
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ha ha, I'd buy new or buy from here !
Old 20 February 2013, 07:23 AM
fatharry
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ST-X
Having spent the past few weekends looking at various cars there are definitely more to be avoided out there than there are on the 'must buy' list.

There was a 54 plate black wagon for sale in Rochdale I'd steer well clear of...repainted bootlid with heavy sanding marks under the lacquer, rust coming through on a few arches, damaged facia and headunit surround (will need painted), knackered rear shocks and a front wheel that's been kerbed against something so hard at speed that it's cracked two of the twin spokes nearly all the way through. Needless to say it doesn't track particularly straight or true...very unimpressed given the dealer was still trying to tell me it was a lovely, well cared for car that was a true credit to the previous owners.

Oh, and the 2 owner, immaculate '53 saloon in West Lothian that turned out to be a 4 owner cat C write-off. And no, the owner wasn't particularly forthcoming with that info and suddenly went quiet when presented with the HPI...

This one by any chance?

I was plnning on looking at it but was put off by the false Special Edition 300 Black spec...

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...urbo?logcode=p

Bad Dealer!
Old 20 February 2013, 09:13 AM
ST-X
Scooby Regular

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Aye, that's the one. Luckily I had others to look at too!

It had a large scrape on the front NS of the bumper too, and a hole in the OS foglamp. The leather's in good nick, as are the wheel and carpets but the pedals are heavily worn on the right hand edge of both the throttle and brake, more than the 60k would suggest...so I'm assuming that there's been a fair amount of aggressive driving done in it!

Clutch/flywheel changed in '10 so it's a lot stiffer than standard but not too bad, and the gearbox feels quite sticky too. Under power it doesn't move much but under braking and if you take your hands off the wheel there's a very pronounced move to the left. Rear dampers weren't knocking but they were absolutely goosed as you could lift the back end of the car up an inch or two using the tailgate latch on the floor and it would just sit at that height until you pushed it back down. Not great, and certainly not the superb example it's described as. It just feels unloved - the original stereo's simply been dropped into the dash without the mounting plates so it's just sat there. The plates are stil on the cubby pocket in the boot. It's all normal stuff but it does just feel a bit abused...although the cracked wheel's anything but normal. Possibly the recent snow but still, without checking the alignment you have no idea if anything else is bent.

Edit: it also has a remap from Pennine Subaru in the few bits of paperwork.

Last edited by ST-X; 20 February 2013 at 09:15 AM.