Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Link doesn't work and looks like you need to be a member there to see anything
Old 17 February 2013, 11:50 AM
LMC
Scooby Regular

Ahh yes forgot you have to be a member here are some qoutes :

"I've been fortunate enough over the years to own some pretty exotic, fast cars. One of them in particular, which I owned for 6 months/3000 miles was very similar to the RS to drive - an R35 GTR.

Both cars feel very large and heavy in a good way - that is they feel solid, well engineered and modern - mass which instantly vanishes as soon as you hit the loud pedal. They both annihilate a bumpy b road. The both handle incredibly and have the same, low revs instant shove. Ok , the rs isn't as fast but it sounds better and has the ultimate edge: a manual transmission.

Anyone else owned/driven both and feel the same.

Perhaps I've gotten soft since I sold the Nissan but even as standard the rs feel very potent. Can't wait to start tweaking her... "

"Ones a Ford and ones Japenese for starters, the GTR is a twin turbo AWD system, there's plenty of other differences too. It's also no looker IMO.

Performance wise I understand for the money it's punching we'll above its weight, I just don't get the attraction or the association. "

"I find that a car is at it's most thrilling hustling it on a twisty B road - these days that's where a good car is at its best as it's often done within the speed limit it's also less likely to attract attention and fines. So in the real world I would have a FRS any day of the week. The bonus is it's more fun to drive and cheaper at the same time!

I actually struggle to think of a car under the sub-exotic level that would be better. Maybe a RWD 997 Gen2 but its not as practical or possibly an M135i. I know a few people have gone C63 / M3 / TTRS but have driven all of these now and i still get more of a thrill slipping behind the wheel of the FRS and thumbing the starter button.

Yes it's not as quick as most of these and yes it's a bit cheaper / dated inside the cabin - but it still gives a bigger thrill IMO for all the reasons why we love these cars so much. "

"I was surprised how gutless the e90 m3 felt when I tried one. I know it's an engine that thrives on revs but even so, felt like a type r. "

"Real world RS Wins even in standard form" (this was about the frs vs gtr video by autocar.)
Old 17 February 2013, 12:07 PM
DeweyAXD
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't wait to start tweaking her...
This is quite funny... difference being the GTR tweaked gets better where the RS clever front diff just cannot put much more power down without it being unpractical for daily use.
The RS in standard spec is a great car, no arguments there! My mate has a 2011 in Ice White and man that thing is insanely agile for FWD!

I actually struggle to think of a car under the sub-exotic level that would be better
you wonder if that guy ever owned any scoobs?!
Old 17 February 2013, 12:09 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Ford focus or Nissan GTR.....

Ummmmmm, thats a really difficult decision right there.
Old 17 February 2013, 01:04 PM
raz6589
Scooby Regular

Agrre matty. Datsun for me aswell.

Dave