Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new guy here with a classic wagon, prodrive (I think)

Search this Thread

Old 15 February 2013, 10:32 PM
what_rattle?
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new guy here with a classic wagon, prodrive (I think)

Hey guy, so I've just got my first subaru, its a red 1994 classic wagon, turbo 2000 jap import (version 1 im told) think its a prodrive edition but im not sure if they have just got hold of a plaque n stuck where it should be, how would I go about checkin its authenticity. Its been sat for nearly 4 years so it has suffered a lil bit! Of course im goin to do the obvious service bits, plugs, oil, coolant etc and also have a look at and sort the brakes and suspension but is there anything in particular I should look out for? Any little gremlins I might encounter lol!
Its had a few bits done allready, fuel pump (unsure of make and rating), autobahn FMIC with piping, hks BOV, samco coolant hoses, hks mushroom, stainless headers (not sure what make SI is the only little lettering/logo I could see) decat pipe and 3" exhaust (again not sure what make) ecu and remap but again im not sure how to check this, any ideas on how I would check for ecu? Ooo and the battery has been relocated to the boot hehe! Does need a set of wheels as one was badly damaged and I dont think I'll find 'those' speedlines for it any more (i know there are numerous newer, lighter wheels, but they seem to look sweet in my eyes)
So that's the story so far, any input or advice would be taken on and appreciated! Just cant wait to get it on the road and really start enjoyin it hehe....
Old 15 February 2013, 10:38 PM
wiggy1
Scooby Regular

if its jap inport it will be a wrx or sti, the turbo 2000 is the uk model
Old 15 February 2013, 10:51 PM
what_rattle?
Scooby Newbie

Hmmmm I did a reg plate and vin check and im sure it said turbo 2000, definitely from japan as it has jap stickers, n first jap n uk registration dates. Well kinda happier if it is sti/wrx lol