Sponsored by:

Been offerd a 1995 wrx

Search this Thread

Old 06 January 2013, 09:14 PM
95_wrx
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Been offerd a 1995 wrx

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and to the world of subaru's and have been browsing the forum recently and must say there are some very nice cars on here

I have been offerd a 1995 import wrx to break for spares which is in good condition all round with no real problems and is still pretty much standard apart from
cat back stainless exhaust,
Hks air filter
toad alarm
after market steering wheel, pedals,and gear ****.
I believe this is 260ps model as standard and engine and all mechanicals seem in good condition and has coverd just over 100k miles.
My question is are the parts for the mk1 impreza still in good demand and what sort of money is the above worth in parts?
I would really apriciate any advice you guys can give please.
Old 07 January 2013, 09:04 AM
95_wrx
Scooby Newbie

Can anyone offer any advice?
Old 07 January 2013, 09:23 AM
Bean1984
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Parts will always be required for the classic imprezas mate however ask your self why is it being broken for spares mate. Stick some pics up mate with the car and prices mate
Old 07 January 2013, 05:34 PM
95_wrx
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Bean1984
Parts will always be required for the classic imprezas mate however ask your self why is it being broken for spares mate. Stick some pics up mate with the car and prices mate
Thanks for the reply mate, the car is a friends and he has owned it for 10 years now but has been off the road for the last year or so because he just cant afford to run it anymore due to having a young family and they need a cheap second car so the impreza has to go to make way for the cheap run around.
He has offerd it to me but i already have 2 money pits myself so i was thinking of buying it to break,it seems to be a good car but has no mot or tax and would need a service and i think maybe a cambelt change to which is why i was thinking of buying it to break rather than to re sell on.
I dont have any pics to post because i have not bought it yet,I just wanted to get an idea of how well the parts would sell and of how much it mite make because as much as i would like to help them out by buying it i dont want to be at a loss myself.
Old 07 January 2013, 06:33 PM
wrx271
Scooby Regular

I wouldn't bother in all respects it hasn't really got anything worth wile no big figure parts and what it does have everyone who's braking imprezas will have it 234 times over but it depends how much your paying for it and if you can be arsed pulling it apart I doubt your sell it all within the year

Regards

Dave
Old 07 January 2013, 07:20 PM
95_wrx
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by wrx271
I wouldn't bother in all respects it hasn't really got anything worth wile no big figure parts and what it does have everyone who's braking imprezas will have it 234 times over but it depends how much your paying for it and if you can be arsed pulling it apart I doubt your sell it all within the year

Regards

Dave
Thanks for the reply dave, I have been thinking exactly what you have said about the mostly standard parts,he wants £800 for it so i think i would get my money back? and maybe a little more eventually but as you said it would take a while.
I have broken a few of my own old cars in the past so i know these things can take a while but im not to worried about that as i have the time and space but i know little about impreza's and what the parts are worth.From the research i have done im starting to think his asking price is a bit high?
Old 07 January 2013, 07:29 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Asking price is probably about right, but, I think you'd struggle to get the £800 back.

For reference, I sold a complete set of front and rear brakes from a similar age car, last year I think. Discs, pads, calipers, mounting bolts.

Would you like to have a punt at how much?

Trending Topics

Old 07 January 2013, 07:50 PM
95_wrx
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by mickywrx
Asking price is probably about right, but, I think you'd struggle to get the £800 back.

For reference, I sold a complete set of front and rear brakes from a similar age car, last year I think. Discs, pads, calipers, mounting bolts.

Would you like to have a punt at how much?

Thanks for reply mate,from what i have seen the standard brakes dont really make much so my guess is around £60 ish or less?

His car has standard spec brakes and standard seats in fair condtion and even the standard 16" wheels which could do with a refurb as are a bit marked but from what i have seen all those parts dont really make much?
I guess most of the money is in the engine and box as long as in good condition

Thanks again for all your reply's so far
Old 07 January 2013, 07:57 PM
wrx271
Scooby Regular

I would buy it purely to destroy it having some fun rip the front shafts out weld it up take it for a drift endless fun for 800 quids wen it goes bang if it does then take the bits off that are stil sellable get back what you can at least it will be a hoot
Old 07 January 2013, 08:12 PM
95_wrx
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by wrx271
I would buy it purely to destroy it having some fun rip the front shafts out weld it up take it for a drift endless fun for 800 quids wen it goes bang if it does then take the bits off that are stil sellable get back what you can at least it will be a hoot
Ha ha believe me i am tempted to buy it to keep for myself and have some fun in one way or another but already have two money pits myself so not really an option sadly.
Can anyone give me an idea of what the engine and gearbox and rear diff sell for if in good condition?
Old 08 January 2013, 09:51 AM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 95_wrx
Thanks for reply mate,from what i have seen the standard brakes dont really make much so my guess is around £60 ish or less?
Half it, including delivery.
Old 08 January 2013, 10:45 AM
95_wrx
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by mickywrx
Half it, including delivery.
Wow so really next to nothing then and i suspect the standard interior and wheels wouldnt make much either.
Thanks for the info there,its just this sort of thing i need to know