Sponsored by:

Alarm Issues @ Shell Petrol Stations

Search this Thread

Old 05 January 2013, 04:14 PM
Inviroman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm Issues @ Shell Petrol Stations

Thought I would share this event from today.

Went to my local Shell to fill up, at the pump near to the door (note auto door) filled up as usal went to lock the car via remote and it would not lock, strange!
Locked with the key then went and paid.
Went to unlock the car again no job via the remote, unlocked with the key went to start, no start? ****!!
On the five mins or so attempting to start the car a tipper pulled in behind and starting blowing his horn, ignored the first blast while still trying to work out why the car would not start.
Then comes the abuse from the guy to move and more blasts from the horn, this now prompts me to get out the car and wal towards him and climbed up to him and firmly told him to shut up and what was going on which he looked very surprised (he was a big guy)
After a pause from him he replied " you need a push" which I accepted, moved the car down the side of the garage thinking AA job is coming.
Then the car locked and unlocked fine and starts! (Relief)
Then to my suprise the tipper driver came over and asked if I needed help,we had a brief conversation about what had just taken place, he apologised and shook my hand.

From a bit of research found that the auto door system causes the alarm system to freeze as it thinks it is being scanned, so lesson learnt use the pump furthest from the door!!
And that not all people as bad as you would think!
Old 05 January 2013, 04:17 PM
peter zippy reid
Scooby Regular

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Had that when i was in retail park with mobile mast blocked signal and overhead pylons pain in the ***
Old 05 January 2013, 04:21 PM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

Had it at our yard in work . The roller door ,4 vans and 3cars , and mobiles all actng up.

Think it was the local Taxi signal.
Old 05 January 2013, 04:46 PM
thenewgalaxy
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

It happened to a friend of mine's Bentley in heavy traffic in Liverpool once. It would not start and was too heavy or damned stubborn to be pushed!

RAC turned up, moved it and then it started. Apparently it's quite a common problem.
Old 06 January 2013, 01:17 AM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Assuming you all have Sigma alarms, the standard Subaru UK fitment (you must have or you wouldn't have this issue), then all you would all need to do is enter your PIN code into the alarm keypad, and you'd be driving again.
Old 06 January 2013, 08:20 AM
Inviroman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by joey_turbo
Assuming you all have Sigma alarms, the standard Subaru UK fitment (you must have or you wouldn't have this issue), then all you would all need to do is enter your PIN code into the alarm keypad, and you'd be driving again.
Tried that and did not work, seemed that once the alarm thinks it was being scanned it locked up, once moved away from the interference all worked ok again.
Old 06 January 2013, 10:05 AM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by joey_turbo

I wasnt in scoob , it effected A Renault , Pugeot , Vauhall .

Trending Topics

Old 06 January 2013, 06:41 PM
steve ex vauxhall
Scooby Regular

Happened to me twice this week, 2 different Shell garages, I knew about it and have had it before, so as said code in and away.

What I didn't know though was that according to the guy in the garage , Shell have contracts with major mobile operators and have the transmitters installed in their big illuminated signs, he pointed out the stickers warning of radiation on the bottom
Old 06 January 2013, 06:52 PM
quattroowner
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Same happend to me. Parked near front soor to get ****. Locked it. But had to be unusually close to it to do so. Came out and it wouldnt unlock at all. Had to put he fob virtually right next to the drivers wing to work.

Suppose we all need shell.

But never leave your car unlocked whe paying for petrol.to many ******* out there