going to take the plunge

Search this Thread

Old 30 December 2012, 06:42 PM
Moojii
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default going to take the plunge

Hey

the missus and i have been to look at a 2004 wrx wagon with prodrive today and i loved it!

its in really good nick and comes with a stack of history. it has 2 previous owners, 12 months mot, 12 months warranty, 84k, fsh, cambelt changed at 50k, new engine 10k ago as previous owner had a fault with the engine..saw the receipt for this from subaru. HPI clear.

the garage has had it 5 months and we are swapping motors. he is having my 04 shogun.

the only 2 small things i was a little concerned about us was he had the windows open a crack as he said the windows were misted up....water ingress? or a case of just being sat on the forecourt for a while?? my leon used to do this and it was a 80 quid fix.

also, to start the car it seemed you had to lock the car from the inside then unlock it then put your foot on the clutch and turn the key! is this normal or was i being a tool??

i think we are gonna go for it....what ya reckon??

cheers
Old 30 December 2012, 06:44 PM
Moojii
Scooby Regular

re the immobiliser thing...the battery he has had on was in need of replacing, could this be the problem. ps he is putting a new battery in!
Old 30 December 2012, 06:53 PM
BaojeeX
Scooby Regular

To start the car put the key in the ignition if it doesn't start, press the lock button while it's in the ignition and turn the key it should start then.
Old 30 December 2012, 06:57 PM
tattoosi
Scooby Regular

As above. The starting sounds a bit dodgy to me mate. My bugeye gets steamed up at the rear to.
Old 30 December 2012, 07:02 PM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

If you have to put your foot on the clutch to start it, that's normally a jdm thing or so I'm led to believe all the uk models I have been in (newage) has not had this on, neither did my last uk blob Sti, but my jdm blob has the foot on clutch start and so does my mates blob and bug (jdm means import just incase!)

How much is the car advertised for as in my head I'm thinking an 04 shogun, dependant on spec and mileage would be worth more than an 04 scoob, but that's your call

As for windos cracked a little, where its been sat for a while they probably just airing it a little, but check all the footwells for water/damp also around the boot area for water ingestion, normally if a car is misting up badly its letting in water / damp somewhere which is normally door seals, boot seals, rear light seal, if windscreen front or rear has been changed at some point or again the seals are perished, its not an uncommon thing to find in impreza's but don't let it put you off, use it to your advantage If you do find any signs of water entry or damp carpets, and insist they sort this within the deal, also try to get it in writing

Last edited by Infected by sti; 30 December 2012 at 07:05 PM.
Old 30 December 2012, 07:12 PM
Moojii
Scooby Regular

Its deffo a uk model. I saw all the paperwork. I checked over the boot and there was no damp. Maybe just sat for a while. Just read that if I dont start the car within 30 seconds of getting in then the immobiliser resets. Looking back I think I got in then spoke to the missus for a bit and then tried to start it. So that could be it.

Tbh my shogun has a couple of issues...abs light is on...needs a new for light. ..no satnav disc so probably a fair swap.
Old 30 December 2012, 07:17 PM
daz b
Scooby Regular

It sounds like its re-armed itself,just try and start it straight away next time you in it to be sure.

Trending Topics

Old 30 December 2012, 07:19 PM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

Yes my alarm is like that also, when your inside and it kicks back in normally you just have to press the button on the fob to reset it again rather than taking keys out, locking, un locking and starting, try it, should be the same

As for the foot on clutch bit then I have no idea perhaps the uk also has this feature and I've just never seen it, but I believe its standard feature on the jdm cars
Old 30 December 2012, 07:26 PM
Moojii
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by daz b
It sounds like its re-armed itself,just try and start it straight away next time you in it to be sure.
Yeah I agree. Cheers daz
Old 30 December 2012, 07:39 PM
Moojii
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Infected by sti
Yes my alarm is like that also, when your inside and it kicks back in normally you just have to press the button on the fob to reset it again rather than taking keys out, locking, un locking and starting, try it, should be the same

As for the foot on clutch bit then I have no idea perhaps the uk also has this feature and I've just never seen it, but I believe its standard feature on the jdm cars
Cheers dude. Strange eh. Its deffo a uk car. Its in really good nick and has loads of history. Last owner was a 80 year old fella.
Old 30 December 2012, 07:43 PM
Moojii
Scooby Regular

I gave it some beans on the test drive and funnily enough it didnt seem as quick as my remapped leon cupra. Maybe because the scooby felt more planted and under control as my old leon was very skittish onboost.
Old 30 December 2012, 07:56 PM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

I was the same getting out of a Cupra r Ibiza, didn't feel as lively, but when I came across It in my new toy then all those thoughts went out the window, just as quick as it was disappearing in to the distance, that was a lively car 265bhp front wheel drive, not surprised it didn feel as fast when I first got in to it after all that torque steer and wheel spin

Last edited by Infected by sti; 30 December 2012 at 07:57 PM.
Old 30 December 2012, 08:01 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Nope on a 04 wrx wagon you don't need to push clutch to start, that's only on jdms unless someone has fitted some sort of extra immobiliser, and yes as others have said, if you first get in car and start it quickly it should start straight away or if left too long the just press the key fob while in ignition and it will reset imobiliser and start.
Old 30 December 2012, 08:06 PM
Moojii
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Infected by sti
I was the same getting out of a Cupra r Ibiza, didn't feel as lively, but when I came across It in my new toy then all those thoughts went out the window, just as quick as it was disappearing in to the distance, that was a lively car 265bhp front wheel drive, not surprised it didn feel as fast when I first got in to it after all that torque steer and wheel spin
Yeah. Thatll be it. When I went from 20 to 70 in the scooby today in the blink of an eye....wow.
Old 30 December 2012, 08:07 PM
Moojii
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs
Nope on a 04 wrx wagon you don't need to push clutch to start, that's only on jdms unless someone has fitted some sort of extra immobiliser, and yes as others have said, if you first get in car and start it quickly it should start straight away or if left too long the just press the key fob while in ignition and it will reset imobiliser and start.
Cheers busta. To be fair the salesman said I had to press the clutch...so maybe I didnt really have to?
Old 30 December 2012, 08:20 PM
JohnnyBlaze
Scooby Regular

He maybe said it in case it was in gear
Old 30 December 2012, 08:46 PM
Moojii
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JohnnyBlaze
He maybe said it in case it was in gear
Ha. Maybe.
Old 31 December 2012, 12:16 PM
Moojii
Scooby Regular

well...do i go for it?
Old 31 December 2012, 12:45 PM
peskett
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've recently bought a 05 wagon with PPP and absolutely love it, mines is as everyone else said with the immobiliser, just press the key fob once with the key in the ignition, no pedel pressing required.
See your local as well, I'm only at rothwell.
Old 31 December 2012, 12:49 PM
Moojii
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by peskett
I've recently bought a 05 wagon with PPP and absolutely love it, mines is as everyone else said with the immobiliser, just press the key fob once with the key in the ignition, no pedel pressing required.
See your local as well, I'm only at rothwell.
rothwell...thats cool...i think we are gonna get it!

what colours yours? do you go to any meets round here??
Old 31 December 2012, 12:57 PM
peskett
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mines black.
As for meets think the japs-I forum have some local meets but not been to any yet as not long got mines either.