Sponsored by:

Renting a unit...

Search this Thread

Old 28 December 2012, 06:06 PM
LouisB
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Renting a unit...

Do any of you rent units to store/work on your cars? I'm looking to rent one and trying to find out what sort of costs are involved. It's not for business use, just personal.

Obviously there's the rent. But what about electric, insurance or any other costs. There's one I'm looking at which is about 675 sq ft for £55 a week (that's before electric etc is added). What do you guys pay?

Also if anyone knows of any decent units up for rent around Teesside, Hartlepool etc (North East) then let me know
Old 28 December 2012, 06:14 PM
blackvenom
Scooby Regular

I could do with a unit but like you said its over £2800 a year before add bills. I could get a workshop build for that but I can't get planing for one. I have been in talks with some local farmers and found that the old chicken sheds make good workshops, as they have water and electric. Battery hens are workless now, so the buildings stay empty. Main issue is making one secure long term as they tend to be out the way, don't want to loose my tools to pikeys
Old 28 December 2012, 06:21 PM
LouisB
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by blackvenom
Main issue is making one secure long term as they tend to be out the way, don't want to loose my tools to pikeys
Too right. The one I'm looking at has security fencing around the site, roller shutters with access cards, alarmed and anti-ram raid bollards in front of the main door. I know a few people paying £200 per month all in on farmers lands but as you said security is a concern.

Last edited by LouisB; 28 December 2012 at 06:22 PM.
Old 28 December 2012, 09:26 PM
Hawkeye D
Scooby Regular

Received 136 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by LouisB
Too right. The one I'm looking at has security fencing around the site, roller shutters with access cards, alarmed and anti-ram raid bollards in front of the main door. I know a few people paying £200 per month all in on farmers lands but as you said security is a concern.

Where there is farms....there is pikeys.
Old 30 December 2012, 03:22 AM
philS scooby
Scooby Regular

Living on a farm and used the chicken shed for a while. Insulated electric water fans and massive.

It's different but if you look after your farm the pikeys stay away.

Now i have an 80ft by 30ft unit which is £250pcm I don't pay rates, you should pay hobbie rates but my council says no rated on under 6 k a year. And the electric and water is in with rent.

I changed to a unit cz I have my own flat now and was closer to home.