Great service Keith Michaels and Gary Moulson

Search this Thread

Old 17 December 2012, 12:40 PM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Great service Keith Michaels and Gary Moulson

Truly is a credit to Keith Michaels and this forum. Goes beyond the call of duty to help.
Old 17 December 2012, 01:08 PM
STI Glenn
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes they very good
Old 17 December 2012, 01:09 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure why anybody on here would use anyone else to be honest.
Old 17 December 2012, 03:32 PM
MaDaSS
Scooby Regular

Would be alright if he could be arsed to answer emails or call back.
Old 17 December 2012, 05:48 PM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by MaDaSS
Would be alright if he could be arsed to answer emails or call back.
I understand your point as I also had to wait, but Gary is a victim of his own success.
I and many other members will not speak to anyone else other than Gary and today is a great example .I could of asked anyone there to carry out my request however I was adamant I wanted to speak to Gary Moulson. On top of that I chewed his ear of for 10 minutes about random sh't.
If you take this into consideration and how many clients he has maybe you can understand. I was patient enough to wait an hour, but I got the service in the end which was worth the wait.

On a serious note if you decide to set up your own insurance company Gary I'd be happy to invest!
Pretty sure you could pull 99% of your customer base over

Last edited by juggers; 17 December 2012 at 05:49 PM.
Old 17 December 2012, 06:05 PM
Steve T
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TelBoy
Agree in full. Steve.
Old 17 December 2012, 06:15 PM
MaDaSS
Scooby Regular

I understand how busy he is, that comes with a lot of work getting customers which he fully deserves to have. What i cannot condone and there is no excuse for, is ignoring emails or calls on a answerphone system you have. I am busy at work, I never ignore an email that warrants an answer. I wanted some important information and just got nothing in reply from two ppl. That is just ignorant, NOT busy.
Old 17 December 2012, 06:48 PM
Mr Windscreen
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TelBoy

£75 more than my current insurer this year and really didn,t seem interested in keeping my business.
Old 17 December 2012, 06:58 PM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Mr Windscreen
£75 more than my current insurer this year and really didn,t seem interested in keeping my business.
He doesn't decide the cost of your insurance a computer does mate. That's out of his control
Old 17 December 2012, 06:59 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

I gave up waiting for a quote from patrick @ KM, I must of called him around 10 times, I had left plenty of messages and even spoke with him a few times but he would never quote me then and there, claiming he would come back to me but never did,

Phoned A plan, I was quoted then and there, and they were £200 cheaper than KM and I have never looked back

I now have my van, a little round around (Saxo) and the scoob all with A plan
Old 17 December 2012, 07:01 PM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by DannyBoy007
I gave up waiting for a quote from patrick @ KM, I must of called him around 10 times, I had left plenty of messages and even spoke with him a few times but he would never quote me then and there, claiming he would come back to me but never did,

Phoned A plan, I was quoted then and there, and they were £200 cheaper than KM and I have never looked back

I now have my van, a little round around (Saxo) and the scoob all with A plan
How do you know it was £200 cheaper if you never got a quote?
I assume you mean the previous year.

I am going off my own experience and am sure many members will agree. You can't please everyone out of 100 punters your bound to have a few.
Old 17 December 2012, 07:04 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by juggers
How do you know it was £200 cheaper if you never got a quote?
I assume you mean the previous year.

I am going off my own experience and am sure many members will agree. You can't please everyone out of 100 punters your bound to have a few.
Yes, it was from the previous years quote, I always found Patrick to very abrupt. It's a silly system they have as once you've spoken to a staff member you belong to them

I've seen how Gary treats his customer on here and only wish the other stuff member would do so too

Last edited by DannyBoy007; 17 December 2012 at 07:06 PM.
Old 17 December 2012, 08:36 PM
PJ-STI
Scooby Regular

Not a easy man to get hold of. Sent my quote info online for Gary waited 2 days heard nothing. Rang and left messages and nothing

Gave up after calling for 3 days. Still not heard anything on my online quote and that was 2 months ago plus no returned calls.

Very poor business

I deal with 100's of calls and emails a day and I allways get back to my customers new and old within the same day.

With A plan now. 5 min phone call job done
Old 17 December 2012, 08:52 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

As usual this turns into a Moley bashing vs Moley praising thread.

Well, I'm with the latter, fantastic service as usual
Old 17 December 2012, 09:05 PM
Cockney Wideboy
Scooby Regular

This is my first year with Keith Michaels and Gary and to be honest I’m really kicking myself now....Kicking myself for not dealing with them many years before...I really can't fault his service

I enquired on their website and gave as much info on my circumstances and the car as I could...within 12hours I had an email from Gary saying that he could beat my renewal and a direct number to call him...

I will admit that it took me about 6 attempts over a couple of days to get hold of him, but once I did he had already put 90% of my details into their system based on the internet enquiry and it was a matter of confirming a few points...providing the price which was £150 less than my renewal…payment took, everything sorted…15mins max

I then wanted to try and put more business Gary's way with my second car (a 1.8 TDDI Focus, 15K business miles a year) I spoke to him and he took just the basic details...rang me back not long after to say that they couldn't offer a competitive quote on that car...took 5 mins of my time if that...

that to me is service....i subsequently spoke to other firms to get the insurance for the Focus and they kept me on the phone for 45mins to then give me a of £7.5K quote with £1k excess on a £1500 car...that really pisses me off...the other thing that pisses me off with insurance companies is those that “try it on” by giving an inflated price initially and the second you question or push the price…boom on hold for 30 seconds and then the price has dropped massively…I hate this with a passion…I am a very busy person (as is Gary and many others on here) so anyone that is honest and upfront with me and saves me time and money will get my business, simples really.

All I will say is that it is worth persevering with Gary…if he can’t beat your best quote then that’s really unfortunate but I’m sure he will try his hardest for you to get you his best price first time.

Cheers

Chris
Old 17 December 2012, 09:34 PM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

Gary is a superstar

if you email him and are polite and explain what you want you get the response you want...well i do. everytime

very good price too!
Old 17 December 2012, 09:39 PM
barnshaw
Scooby Regular

i switched to KM a week or so ago, I rung and left a message and was phoned back in 5 mins, beat my current quote and was the easiest i have had to deal with. Impressed so far, i know how hard it is to deal with hundreds of calls and emails in a day and sometimes its not just possible to please everyone.
Old 17 December 2012, 09:44 PM
Mog
Scooby Regular

All I will say is great service and thanks for today, I have been with KM for about 7 years dealing only with Gary with many policy changes each year and nothing is too much trouble but dont leave voice mails, just keep ringing until you speak in person.
Old 17 December 2012, 10:07 PM
magictree
Scooby Regular

I don't think people are having a go at gary, as everyone who has dealt with him seems very pleased with the service they receive. What I think the majority of people are annoyed with is not only the fact that most (including myself) wait an eternity for a call back or don't even get one at all if they are not lucky enough to speak to gary in the first place. Its poor if the only good service you get is from one member of the team, maybe some new less abrupt staff might be an idea. I decided to call aplan after talking to km because I didn't like the guys attitude and aplan sorted my qoute there and then and I was very pleased with the quote. I think even if km had offered me £100 less I would of gone to aplan simply because their customer service was fantastic
Magictree
Old 17 December 2012, 10:14 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks for all the positive words guys, glad i'm able to help.

Apologies to those who i haven't got back to, but as others have said, there is only so much i can do.
I do try my hardest to get back to everyone, but it isn't always possible.

If i had my way the voicemail would be switched off, as there is no way i can ever get back to every message on there, no matter how hard i try.
E-mails are ok, but we have a 'slight' spam issue at the moment... about 80-90 per day, and our filter seems to have issues sorting the spam from the normal e-mails.
If you do choose to e-mail please take this into account (hopefully it'll be sorted soon)
Old 17 December 2012, 10:16 PM
Ayde
Scooby Regular

Hi Gary,

Have you recieved my PM about changing my address on my policy?

Cheers,

Ayde.
Old 17 December 2012, 10:18 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mr Windscreen
If by best price (which i'd have given) was £75 more expensive i'm not really too sure what i could have done?

As you can see from the negative comments, i'm very busy, so it'd be pointless wasting too much time on the quote if there was no chance of matching the cheaper pricce.

Unlike some other companies i try to give my best price straight away, not give you a price, get you to ring around all day, then magically knock £100-£200 off my original price to match whatever else you get.
Old 17 December 2012, 10:20 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ayde
Hi Gary,

Have you recieved my PM about changing my address on my policy?

Cheers,

Ayde.
Yep, all sorted
Old 17 December 2012, 10:24 PM
Ayde
Scooby Regular

Cheers Gary
Old 17 December 2012, 10:29 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Originally Posted by MaDaSS
That is just ignorant, NOT busy.
Really?
Old 17 December 2012, 10:33 PM
serpico
Scooby Regular

Gary, I know you're a busy man but I need a quote from you as my insurance is due the first week of the New Year. What's the best way to contact you? I've tried calling but can never get through & leaving a message (as you've stated) is obviously not the best way to get hold of you. I can email, pm or call whichever gets me a quote!
Nice one
Old 17 December 2012, 10:35 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Pm is normally best
Old 17 December 2012, 10:41 PM
serpico
Scooby Regular

Okay I'll pm you with the details. Cheers.
Old 17 December 2012, 11:16 PM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

I hope your getting paid for this Garry working this late!
Old 18 December 2012, 08:48 AM
pflowers
Scooby Regular

I had no problem getting through to Gary on the phone first time

My details are-

Age 43
Driving for 26 years
12 yrs ncd
Clean licence
Unmodified 03 WRX wagon
Good postcode
Annual mileage up to 10k

However after being told that 10k miles is 'excessive' and well above average and that my current insurers quote of £600 was very very good for my details, along with the offhand attitude, I got the feeling there wasn't enough profit in it for him to bother quoting me properly.

Insured both my Subaru's ( and company vehicles ) elsewhere in the end, got the impreza significantly cheaper than than the 'very very good' £600 too.

Quick Reply: Great service Keith Michaels and Gary Moulson