Sponsored by:

Insurance quote 'entertainment'

Search this Thread

Old 24 October 2012, 07:54 PM
Osimabu
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance quote 'entertainment'

Last year, I paid £1250 to insure my 2004/5 Blob Type 20. I'm old, with 30 year's worth of squeaky clean licence, in the sticks, but had no no-claims as it was all on my van.

Admiral have just quoted me £398.98 via their multi-car policy for the same thing for this year. Absolutely fantastic!

I included all the modifications, which their website allowed me to do via a box-ticking list, and thought I was in. And I've now got my year's no-claims too. They even let me carry on with the quote as an import.

I've just rung them up to check if it was too good to be true...

...and it was too good to be true!

They couldn't cover me because of the modifications (which were done by Litchfield's from new).

It beats me why they allow you to go through all the forms, only to tell you you can't be insured when you ring to cough up.

At least good old Keith Michaels don't bu99er around like that, but I do hope they're feeling 'financially benevolent' in a few weeks time.

Grumble, grumble....

Last edited by Osimabu; 25 October 2012 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Speeling mistrake!
Old 24 October 2012, 07:59 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 495 Likes on 339 Posts

Originally Posted by Osimabu
Last year, I paid £1250 to insure my 2004/5 Blob Type 20. I'm old, with 30 year's worth of squeaky clean licence, in the sticks, but had no no-claims as it was all on my van.

Admiral have just quoted me £398.98 via their multi-car policy for the same thing for this year. Absolutely fantastic!

I included all the modifications, which their website allowed me to do via a box-ticking list, and thought I was in. And I've now got my year's no-claims too. They even let me carry on with the quote as an import.

I've just rung them up to check if it was too good to be true...

...and it was too good to be true!

They couldn't cover me because of the modifications (which were done by Litchfield's from new).

It beats me why they allow you to go through all the forms, only to tell you you can't be insured when you ring to cough up.

At least good old Keith Michaels don't bu99er around like that, but I do hope they're feeling 'financially benelovent' in a few weeks time.

Grumble, grumble....
my mate had similar problems from admiral with his evo 6,he rang up and was told they do not insure that type of car so we did a quote online and yes they do.......................****ing *******.i also had trouble with them few years ago with my calibra,i was doing the quote online and was putting my suspension mods on-they wouldnt insure me if it was lowered 30mm but they would if it was 50mm,i was also told by admiral that if i were to insure my scooby with a tracker it would be alot more expensive as the car is more nickable..................well yeah thats why i have a tracker you giant **** sniffers

Old 24 October 2012, 08:31 PM
IggyRB320
Scooby Regular

I'm with Admiral & although their multicar policy is very good (cheap), they hate modifications!!
Old 24 October 2012, 08:41 PM
Dan-
Scooby Regular

reminds me of the 21/7/12 the day i went to pick my scoob up, rang in the morning after at 9, this is after 12 online qoutes and speaking to 3 people to ensure i would get cover! as i turned 21 that day that is there age restriction on impreza's i was told sorry we are unable to cover you on this car, the car is 2 high a risk for us, i went skittles at the poor girl down the phone, wasnt her fault but in the end she helped me out alot, after 2 hours of her speaking to the big boss, i got a call back saying we will make an execption for you as have a clear history and have always driven big engined car's, so will be used to the power, another scary hour went on and finally managed to pay for the year! the worst bit is i know i wouldnt have been able to go anywhere else! as them elephant and bell are the only 3 willing to quote me online and now realising the online quotes are bull!

worst morning off my life, after spending 8.8k on a car 1 week before and then getting told your not getting cover!
Old 24 October 2012, 08:41 PM
gregwill
Scooby Regular

im also with admiral i pay 900 on a 02 wrx sti rang up today because im looking to change to a hawk jdm type20 went through all the bits and bobs told them it had an exhaust system turbo ect and guess what they said if i were to have that now and just siply carry on with my same policy which i have 7months left on they would refund me 414quid what the hell sounds far to good to be true!!
Old 24 October 2012, 10:07 PM
Frylite
Scooby Regular

I am also with admiral multi car on my 02 STI and i pay 1300 ish very cheap since last year was 2800...
Old 24 October 2012, 11:34 PM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.

Originally Posted by Dan-
reminds me of the 21/7/12 the day i went to pick my scoob up, rang in the morning after at 9, this is after 12 online qoutes and speaking to 3 people to ensure i would get cover! as i turned 21 that day that is there age restriction on impreza's i was told sorry we are unable to cover you on this car, the car is 2 high a risk for us, i went skittles at the poor girl down the phone, wasnt her fault but in the end she helped me out alot, after 2 hours of her speaking to the big boss, i got a call back saying we will make an execption for you as have a clear history and have always driven big engined car's, so will be used to the power, another scary hour went on and finally managed to pay for the year! the worst bit is i know i wouldnt have been able to go anywhere else! as them elephant and bell are the only 3 willing to quote me online and now realising the online quotes are bull!

worst morning off my life, after spending 8.8k on a car 1 week before and then getting told your not getting cover!
You can afford 8.8k on a Scooby & insure it & you are just 21!!!!!!

I think I have had worse days.
Old 25 October 2012, 08:25 AM
Barxy
Scooby Regular

That's because elephant, admiral and bell are the same company, EUI. Admiral have always been good for me, I have a multicar policy I'm 24 my fiancé is 21 and the impreza insurance only cost me £1100.