ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

downpipe killing spool up?

Search this Thread

Old 14 October 2012, 01:06 AM
Hedgywrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default downpipe killing spool up?

hi peeps sorry to sound stupid but i need to get this sorted,,,, right.. will having a largeer than standard decat downpipe off the back of the turbo kill spool up? as mine has a *ucking huge decat downpipe and my scoob has serious turbo spool up issues.. as in im not under full boost until 4500rpm and its a td04l turbo on a 99 classic uk model
Old 14 October 2012, 01:11 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi there

What downpipe you are running and what exhaust you are running,hope so you are not running those cheap DP and Exhaust from eBay?!

What headers or Up pipe you are running,do you running standard headers and Up pipe?

If you are hit full boost at this level,I would suspect you must have boost leak somewhere or can be just your exhaust is blowing etc.this can cause bad/slow spool up

Jura
Old 14 October 2012, 02:49 AM
Hedgywrx
Scooby Regular

Im not sure what make it is as i bought the car already like it mate, its a 3inch i think or as close to that it is large n so it the whole exhaust system n headers n up pipe are standard and not been touched, its not blowing as ive checked everywhere and had a garage double check and then it passed mot no problem, it has a fmic though hks induction kit and baileys bov, apart from that the car is standard.. Im not sure if its been mapped as previous owner had done the work and said its been mapped but lost the printout :-s.. Trying everything to get it sorted but not getting anywhere at the min :-s as far as boost leak ive checked all pipes and they seem to be fine, it still hits full boost at 1.1 bar just doesnt hit that until 4500rpm :-(
Old 14 October 2012, 02:55 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hedgywrx
Im not sure what make it is as i bought the car already like it mate, its a 3inch i think or as close to that it is large n so it the whole exhaust system n headers n up pipe are standard and not been touched, its not blowing as ive checked everywhere and had a garage double check and then it passed mot no problem, it has a fmic though hks induction kit and baileys bov, apart from that the car is standard.. Im not sure if its been mapped as previous owner had done the work and said its been mapped but lost the printout :-s.. Trying everything to get it sorted but not getting anywhere at the min :-s as far as boost leak ive checked all pipes and they seem to be fine, it still hits full boost at 1.1 bar just doesnt hit that until 4500rpm :-(
Hi there

I would suspect if hasn't been mapped this can be the problem,because without the mapping FMIC can be cause of the lag and Downpipe shouldn't cause those problem,if its half good as some Downpipe on the market.Plus Induction kit without the mapping can result in big problems.Speak here to mappers and ask them if can check the is your car been mapped or not

Try remove Bailey DV,those Bailey DV I wouldn't run on the Subaru,they are worst,because usually leaking etc

Hope you get this sorted

Jura
Old 14 October 2012, 03:01 AM
Hedgywrx
Scooby Regular

Ok mate am gun give zen perfeomance a call on monday as they are just round the corner from me thanks for your help and advice mate really apreciate it :-) and yeh im planning on geting rid of the dv anyways :-) thanks again mate :-)
Old 14 October 2012, 08:49 AM
phatsplash
Scooby Regular

Is there a Cat on the up-pipe? I found one had broken up inside blocking the exhaust...then again that was on a ford