Sponsored by:

Ebay sellers arghhh!

Search this Thread

Old 02 October 2012, 09:27 PM
Tony Harrington
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Ebay sellers arghhh!

Just purchased a rear roof carbon fibre spoiler from a guy with 100% feedback below is the description;

Only ever been placed on car
Perfect new condition
Fits 01-07 newage models
Requires adhesive

When it arrived it had 6 - 7 light scratches on it in 2 areas, underneath it had glue residue.

I took some pics & emailed them & he said to return it, he refused to pay so it cost me £11.

Now he is saying it did have 1 or 2 scratches on but I have caused the others & this is what he is playing on.

He is trying to refund me £75 not the full £95 as he says he will have to reduce the price to sell it. Obviously I am really not happy about this.

Is the next step to open up some kind of dispute?
Anyone had experience of this or advice?
What's the chances of me getting a full refund?

Cheers
Tony
Old 02 October 2012, 09:34 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

If you have contacted the seller like it sounds you have then open a dispute on Ebay. They will very likely find in your favour and you will get a full refund and very probably your postage costs as well since it was not "as described".

Selling on Ebay is a headache because Ebay/Paypal find in favour of the buyer even when they shouldn't, but in this instance it is in your favour.
Old 02 October 2012, 09:36 PM
Twin Fields
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony Harrington
Just purchased a rear roof carbon fibre spoiler from a guy with 100% feedback below is the description;

Only ever been placed on car
Perfect new condition
Fits 01-07 newage models
Requires adhesive

When it arrived it had 6 - 7 light scratches on it in 2 areas, underneath it had glue residue.

I took some pics & emailed them & he said to return it, he refused to pay so it cost me £11.

Now he is saying it did have 1 or 2 scratches on but I have caused the others & this is what he is playing on.

He is trying to refund me £75 not the full £95 as he says he will have to reduce the price to sell it. Obviously I am really not happy about this.

Is the next step to open up some kind of dispute?
Anyone had experience of this or advice?
What's the chances of me getting a full refund?

Cheers
Tony
Open a dispute with PayPal via Ebay. Stop communicating with the seller directly and let "the authorities" sort it out. And don't forget to ruin the sellers 100% feedback by leaving a negative comment.

Serve the b*stard right!
Old 02 October 2012, 10:23 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

6-7 light scratches .... couldn't they have been buffed out?

It seems a minor issue - but, you should get the purchase price back if you are not responsible for some of the scratches.
Old 02 October 2012, 10:36 PM
Broomer
Scooby Regular

I've just had a similar problem from a Subaru Parts seller on ebay.

I bought an alloy wheel and tyre off him that was described as:

"genuine subaru 17 inch alloy wheel with very good tread tyre 215/45/17 very good condition in dark silver"

It was more expensive than most, but I thought it would be worth it as it looked so good in the photo.

Anyway it arrives. I'm not happy! It's got quite deep kerb marks on the side wall of the tyre, on the outer wheel rim, up over two spokes and back out via the rim again. Plus a third of the tyre tread was completely bald!

I've posted it back and he has refunded me the cost of the wheel and the postage that I paid for him to send it to me. I've now asked him to refund me the £18 that I'm out of pocket by as I had to post it back to him. He says he will as soon as he can. Fingers crossed!

It's now back on ebay slightly cheaper, but now described as having some kerbing and a scrubbed edge tyre. The photo's still of a good wheel though.

Last edited by Broomer; 02 October 2012 at 10:37 PM.
Old 02 October 2012, 11:48 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

Did you Buy It Now? As this gives you even more protection, especially when claiming back postage charges.