Wagon for fun :)

Search this Thread

Old 26 September 2012, 11:17 AM
Bobby_RStevens
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wagon for fun :)

Firstly, Hi to all

Been a quiet member for a while, had Legacy GT-B's for years but last year bought a bugeye wagon to make me feel young still. Had known the car for years and is great colour, think it might be last time they built these in this colour (52 plate) who know's, I love it, looks awesome when clean and the sun is out

Have only serviced and changed the wheels + some styling up till now but have made a decision that I want to start doing motorsport... i.e. track days, hill climb and sprints etc - mid life I recon...

Sorry, the car is mega dirty... I love driving it..

It's fairly standard tbh, lowered, HKS headers and uppipe, apparant prodrive ECU but need to confirm etc, full decat's zorst etc but that's about it -pretty standard...

I am not interested in having a mega light track weapon as I want something to enjoy and improve my skill for a while but want to know if using this for some fun is the way to go as I love the car or.... just go down the 2 seater road as a track car..

Budget is always a pain and as it's a second car I want to know if from peoples experience am I just heading down the wrong road. I plan to get brake upgrade, suspension and bsuhes etc, maybe turbo upg and FMIC if you feel these are a good option but will I be regretting this situation in the future. I plan to try and source a trailer next year as my daily driver family bus is the "Venga Bus" (Vito Traveliner) so would look forward to attending as many events as I could with the family in tow....

Would want to keep it road legal as well to enjoy on a Sunday, Pembrey is just around the corner so trailer maybe further down the road.

What are your thoughts?

Car is in good mechanical condition and serviced regualar, 96K now and was told by prev owner about 270 Bhp but suspect clutch is on the way at present as riding high and car not as grunty as it was prev....

Let the on slaught begin

- really apprecaite peoples experience.

If this should be posted elsewhere then please let me know

Rgs

Bobby
Old 26 September 2012, 01:01 PM
biggi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a bug sti wagon, I was looking to do the same thing, tbh I would leave the car as it is and go down a classic STI route for costing reasons, parts are dirt cheap and available from your corner shop LOL!!, that is my plan for the future.
Old 27 September 2012, 02:38 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice one there,we have bugeye wagon too,good starting point you have already

About the brake upgrades,Brembo with good pads will be good and cheap upgrade,OE 4pots are not for job and really spend on them again on better pads will not warrant better braking...Suspension,would say lowering springs and rear ARB will transform the car

If its mapped to 270bhp feels OK,but with 330-350bhp will feel off course much better,but price will increase and if its budget,yes I would go with VF35,550cc STi Pink injectors and you should be at 320-340bhp

Our wagon running now 490bhp,but we are now looking put bigger engine(2.35L) with bigger turbo(GT30r) and hope so 600bhp will be there.

If car has been maintained to highest standard should be OK,just before you are be looking for more upgrade,just check with your garage if they can carry for you health check(AFR,knock/det and compression test) which will be just good before you will spend money on upgrades and engine will pop.

Bugeye WRX engine are OK for about the 400bhp,some people broke engine at 350bhp,some still running 400bhp as i said depends on the how has been treated

Jura