Sponsored by:

pulled by old bill....

Search this Thread

Old 22 September 2012, 10:36 AM
irondrew
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pulled by old bill....

Went to see a 03 sti yesterday in Croydon...WRC Blue with white alloys and big exhaust in perfect condition absolutely pristine .... took it out for a test drive and instantly thought...hmm this is going to attract alot of attention. He took me to a road where I could open it up a little.. so off I went doing probably at most 50mph in a 40mph zone. Now, I'm not condoning that at all, I was speeding whether I like it or not but then on come the blue lights.... guy has a rant at me saying " what you trying to do, see if it goes over 30?!" And "by my watch its 4:30 which means lots of pedestrians" ...

Like I said I have no problem accepting I was speeding, but what bugged me is the reality that he pulled me over because of the car... at the end of the day I was keeping up with the other traffic. Maybe I was just unlucky and it won't happen every time but the problem is you will always be looking over your shoulder because what you drive. Anyone else feel its the car and not the driving??

Sorry....rant over!!!!
Old 22 September 2012, 10:40 AM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

never been pulled in any off mine, dont break the law and give them excuses.
Old 22 September 2012, 10:50 AM
irondrew
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tubbytommy
never been pulled in any off mine, dont break the law and give them excuses.
Yeah your right, but its easy to say that. You've never done 32 in a 30?? We all have... still breaking the law.
Old 22 September 2012, 10:57 AM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Originally Posted by irondrew
Yeah your right, but its easy to say that. You've never done 32 in a 30?? We all have... still breaking the law.
if you drive through a town at school kicking out time in a bright blue impreza breaking the speed limit, what do you expect???
Old 22 September 2012, 11:07 AM
Busterbulldog
Scooby Regular

did you get a ticket/producer? insurance cover ok?
Old 22 September 2012, 11:54 AM
irondrew
Scooby Regular

if you drive through a town at school kicking out time in a bright blue impreza breaking the speed limit, what do you expect???
Wasn't in a town....never said I was either. Open road ...

But you have answered my question ... what did I expect in a bright blue impreza .... just goes to show because he could have chosen any other car doing the same speed.
Old 22 September 2012, 11:56 AM
irondrew
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Busterbulldog
did you get a ticket/producer? insurance cover ok?
No didn't get anything more than a talking to, and like I have said he is right! The guy didn't put trade plates on it for whatever reason...
Old 22 September 2012, 11:56 AM
macmac
Scooby Regular

same way a **** star is more noticable than a minger , always gonna attract more attention !
Old 22 September 2012, 12:00 PM
irondrew
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by macmac
same way a **** star is more noticable than a minger , always gonna attract more attention !
Old 22 September 2012, 12:31 PM
dibbleyuk
Scooby Regular

Happens mate but I have never been pulled in mine had it over a year and police around here can be a nightmare but then again they had the same cars not so long ago lol.
Old 22 September 2012, 12:47 PM
toneh
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=tubbytommy;10798556]if you drive through a town at school kicking out time in a bright blue impreza breaking the speed limit, what do you expect???[/

If it was the gob ****e kids from schools round our way , I would expect to get a couple trying to rip the back spoiler off as you go past
Old 22 September 2012, 12:51 PM
eelz
Scooby Regular

I'm always on constant alert to the boys in blue.. always at the ready for hitting the front window switches to avoid them spotting my tints.
Old 22 September 2012, 01:12 PM
toneh
Scooby Regular

A mate of mine got pulled by the police in nottingham and the reason they gave was because of the car he was driving ( scooby )

Lets be honest they are now cheap to buy but not insure and run so if plod spots either (A) a young looking person or (B) a ropey looking scooby , there's quite a possibility there's gonna be Somthing they can pick up on
And i read a lot of Comments on here about how folks are angels and don't break the law
If I had 50p for everyone that has posted up a car that breaks the law ,
I would be able to buy a new scooby next week
Old 22 September 2012, 01:19 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Not pulled once in my classic which had no front plate + a dogbox so sounded like a b*stard too.

TX.
Old 22 September 2012, 01:20 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Originally Posted by toneh
A mate of mine got pulled by the police in nottingham and the reason they gave was because of the car he was driving ( scooby )

Lets be honest they are now cheap to buy but not insure and run so if plod spots either (A) a young looking person or (B) a ropey looking scooby , there's quite a possibility there's gonna be Somthing they can pick up on
And i read a lot of Comments on here about how folks are angels and don't break the law
If I had 50p for everyone that has posted up a car that breaks the law ,
I would be able to buy a new scooby next week
the insurance thing is not an excuse anymore, the police can tell if its taxed mot and insured by the numberplate nowadays.
but the ropey car thing is valid, if a car is in poor condition its likely it will have illegal tyres etc or be unroadworthy.
personally i see nothing wrong with the police pulling over ropey cars as there bald tyres may cause them to hit my car.
Old 22 September 2012, 01:42 PM
New_scooby_04

If he'd really had it in for you, he would have given you a ticket!

The attention (good and bad) comes with the territory I'm afraid. The reality is that if you're going to transgress the speed limits (which we all do from time to time), you're more likely to get spotted in a bright blue car with a lairy spoiler, bonnet scoops and side skirts than in a Diesel Civic!

And that's before we get to inferences people make based on the car about the driver's likely behaviour etc..
Old 22 September 2012, 01:44 PM
irondrew
Scooby Regular

the insurance thing is not an excuse anymore, the police can tell if its taxed mot and insured by the numberplate nowadays.
but the ropey car thing is valid, if a car is in poor condition its likely it will have illegal tyres etc or be unroadworthy.
personally i see nothing wrong with the police pulling over ropey cars as there bald tyres may cause them to hit my car.
Agree with you here, ropey cars with bald tyres etc are a hazard to us all and may need a tug. Suffice to say this car I drove yesterday was immaculate with brand new tyres all tax and tested etc...
Old 22 September 2012, 01:45 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Agree with you here, ropey cars with bald tyres etc are a hazard to us all and may need a tug. Suffice to say this car I drove yesterday was immaculate with brand new tyres all tax and tested etc...
and you were breaking the law with the police nearby
Old 22 September 2012, 02:04 PM
toneh
Scooby Regular

I totally agree about pulling ropey cars
The plod were sat at a junction when my mate passed by and they pulled straight out and pulled him straight up
He said they ran checks after they had pulled him

He asked why and the reply was cuz you're driving this and thought you were a young lad

But like my mate said , on the other hand if it was some ****** that had nicked your car , you'd be glad for plod pulling it up
Old 22 September 2012, 02:17 PM
toneh
Scooby Regular

If it rubs you up the wrong way about gettin pulled in a car
Get a bike , black visor , small plate
I've lost count of the times me and mates have been pulled for that
Yep we were wrong , but accept it
Same with speeding , window tints ,
If you're gonna do it be prepared to take it on the chin (and wallet ) when you get pulled and it's gonna be more Likely in a scooby ( they not exactly inconspicuous cars lol )
Old 22 September 2012, 02:25 PM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

Its more likley they heard you comming , and decided to check you out. I hear scoobies comming a mile away , and despite what most say on here , there is a good chance it will be over the speed limit ! If you think from the police side of it , i would sit at the end of a road that people are likley to "open it up" and listen out for the noisy boys !
Old 22 September 2012, 02:56 PM
lee67
Scooby Regular

had mine about 14 months now, im 45 but look alot younger....anyways i have been followed a few times by the police but a simple pnc check always makes em slow and turn around...does annoy me sometimes that they pick my car to follow( immaculately maintained blob) so no ropey **** here, but as has been said before if u nowt to hide and aint breaking the law why worry,
Old 22 September 2012, 04:37 PM
Matt23
Scooby Regular

I will put money on the fact that the car you drove yesterday was my brothers old car. Lol. PM me if you have any questions.

Was this the car you went to see.

Last edited by Matt23; 22 September 2012 at 04:58 PM.
Old 22 September 2012, 05:21 PM
irondrew
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Matt23
I will put money on the fact that the car you drove yesterday was my brothers old car. Lol. PM me if you have any questions.

Was this the car you went to see.

Old 22 September 2012, 05:56 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

So, did you buy the car or what?
Old 22 September 2012, 08:17 PM
irondrew
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
So, did you buy the car or what?
No, unfortunately I decided not to. Looks like that was a bad decsion as its gone now! Ha. Maybe the new owner is on here somewhere..... think he came up from Southampton. Was a nice car...
Old 22 September 2012, 08:29 PM
Matt23
Scooby Regular

I was a nice car. It will make someone very happy I'm sure.
Old 22 September 2012, 08:59 PM
byrnsie44
Scooby Regular

Wasn't in a town....never said I was either. Open road ...

But you have answered my question ... what did I expect in a bright blue impreza .... just goes to show because he could have chosen any other car doing the same speed.
the joys of owning a "9 out of 10 car "
Old 22 September 2012, 10:10 PM
Kwik
Scooby Regular

It's part and parcel is it not? I think I realised that the day I passed my test and was pulled a few hours later in my 205 GTI. I'd imagine a scoob with a trade plate on means at some point it was going to be "tried" out and it was easy pickings.
Old 22 September 2012, 10:26 PM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

Comes with the territory mate

Last time I was stopped
I asked my normal question
If you have PNC my car it shows as owned by Cllr JJH of my er unique adress and what is the reason you stopped me officer ?
They are normally shocked by a 40somethings lad driving it
I then asked about crime figure in their area and explaine that I used to stop lads in XR3i 25 years ago when I was in the Force
I then like to talk about road safety and speed awareness etc and they are pleased to get rid of me

The last one stopped me as he could not understand why I was only doing 30 in a Scooby

They have an important job to do so treat them with respect and be friendly and they will wave you on but if you gave them atitude they will find something to do you on But driving a Scooby especially an older model be prepared to be stopped regular

Quick Reply: pulled by old bill....