ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

New Scooby STI Owner

Search this Thread

Old 01 September 2012, 12:05 PM
Inviroman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Scooby STI Owner

Firstly, #Hi i am new scooby STI owner (02) and just joined.

I have a couple of questions which i am sure that you guys and girls may have the anwers.

The car has two keys with one button for lock and unlock, this seems to activate the alarm, wen the button is pressed twice when locking i assume this is double locking? and still sets the alarm?

The car did not come with any seperate alarm fobs is this correct?

The alarm siren does not sound but the indicators flash when activated only by inserting key to attempt to start, it also seems that the interior sensors are not working as could not get them to set of the alarm?

Any assistance on this would be apprceiated.

Thanks.
Old 01 September 2012, 12:19 PM
Kennyboyd31
Scooby Regular

My alarm does siren in my Bugeye
Old 01 September 2012, 12:47 PM
Sy5
Scooby Regular

Did you not get a security book with the history?
Old 01 September 2012, 03:19 PM
AWG
Scooby Regular

Welcome matey!

On mine I press the button once and that locks, with the hazards flashing but no churp, then press again to unlock. If I press with a window or tail gate open it will churp three times prior to the alarm going off.

Have you tried locking (using the fob) with the tailgate open? Or with the drivers window open, then wave your hand in front of the sensor on the a pillar?
Old 01 September 2012, 03:34 PM
Inviroman
Scooby Regular

I have no sound from the siren at all?
lights flash when locking and unlocking also when activated, but still no sound, also seems that the ultrasonics are not working as set with window open and left for 5 mins then climbed inside and nothing?
Where is the siren so i can check its connected or is there any other checks that can be carried out.
Thanks.
Old 01 September 2012, 04:24 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Okay I have the alarm Book in my posession:

Apparrently there is an option to arm the security without the Ultrasonic Interior protection.

To disable it you do the following:

- turn the vehicle ignition on, give the radio transmitter button a quick press
The Dashboard Mounted LED will flash once

- Turn off the vehicles ignition immediately

- Vacate the vehicle closing all doors, boot and bonnet

- Give the radio transmitter a quick press whilst standing near the vehicle
The security system will acknowledge arming with 8 flashes of the vehicles hazard warning lightd instead of the normal 4. The doors will double-lock as normal.

Ultrasonic interior protection will be restored the next time the security system is armed in the normal way.

Looks to be a temp feature only.

You can however arm the system manually using the keypad, but you need to know your pin code.

Last edited by jpor; 01 September 2012 at 04:27 PM.
Old 01 September 2012, 04:30 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As above, there are lots of options with the standard alarm.

Chirping or silent when armed, ultrasonics on or off, lock doors when ignition is switched on etc.

The security hand book explains the different options and how to activate/deactivate them.
Old 01 September 2012, 05:26 PM
Inviroman
Scooby Regular

Cheers, but i have still have the issue of the siren not sounding when activated?
Is this a plug or power issue, just bought the car which possibly had a battery change, would this affect it?
Reading on the net that you can not turn the sounder off and i can not find the pin code either????
Old 01 September 2012, 05:59 PM
Turbotits
Scooby Regular

I dont believe your setting the alarm at all. My 02 has a seperate alarm fob (sigma). The batteries had been removed from the key. I tried the keys and yes they lock the doors but do not set the alarm. Do you have the 4 digit pin code for the alarm?
Old 01 September 2012, 06:15 PM
Turbotits
Scooby Regular

Sorry just re read. You dont have the code. I asked because new fobs can be coded very easily with the code. If it hasnt been changed it will be on a small silver sticker with the service book etc.
Old 06 September 2012, 08:57 PM
Inviroman
Scooby Regular

Cheers guys,

The alarm seem to work when you activate it but no sound, indicators flash and that's it???
Will try the sensor re activation procedure given above to see if this will set of the alarm, but the main issue is the siren and locating it.
Looked in places that i have been told but unable to find it, can any one advise of its location fuse locations etc.

cheers.
Old 07 September 2012, 01:30 AM
davedipster
Scooby Senior

Siren is under the windscreen scuttle panel.
Old 15 September 2012, 12:00 PM
Inviroman
Scooby Regular

Thanks all for the replies, found the siren and had it replaced by Subaru, siren cost £57 +vat and £75 labour.

Note: the original siren is replaced by new model unit will post part number later, it comes with new lead and a single black wire which the dealer said it was antenna wire, is this new bonnet switch wire? as the bonnet switch no longer works.

Pre-programmed all keys and new pin code working a treat
Old 15 September 2012, 03:18 PM
amego
Scooby Regular

Mine doesn't chirp nothing in the manual to say that it can be done ??
Old 15 September 2012, 04:54 PM
Inviroman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by amego
Mine doesn't chirp nothing in the manual to say that it can be done ??
See below:

The following features are switchable by the end user, using the keypad, and are detailed in the back of your
operating instructions.
To access this mode - turn on the vehicle ignition, press the remote button once, type one of the numbers
listed in the chart below, immediately turn off the ignition. The numbers will have the following effect:
Number Function
0 Last trigger isolation - allows the system to be set excluding any circuit giving a trigger signal
at the end of the settle time (i.e. allows the system to be set with a defective bonnet switch,
without “false alarming” until the switch can be replaced)
1 Turns off the bleeps only for the next time the system is armed (If bleeps turned on!)
2 Turn off ultrasonics only for the next time the system is armed (also possible by pressing the
Remote Key with the ignition on before arming)
3 Puts the system into valet mode (effectively freezing the passive immobilisation and any
other features such as auto arm when the vehicle goes in for service. System re-activated by
arming with the remote key).
4 Turn on auto-lock (an anti-hijack feature that locks the doors and boot when the ignition is
turned on)
5 Turn off auto-lock
6 Turn off bleeps every time system is armed or disarmed
(Turned off at manufacture to comply with legislation)
7 Turn on bleeps every time system is armed or disarmed
( Note: This will contravene current legislation)
8 Displays vehicle’s battery voltage – 10 flashes on dashboard LED = approximately 10 volts
9 Turn on super-lock for next set period (allows the alarm to arm, but then shuts down the
receiver. This reduces the systems current consumption if the vehicle is left for a number of
weeks. The system then can only be disarmed using your PIN number , this gives protection
even if your keys are stolen, whilst you are away on holiday.
* Toggles between loud and soft arming/disarming bleeps if selected ( See above note in 7)
Old 15 September 2012, 04:59 PM
Inviroman
Scooby Regular

Found that the black wire is to be connected to the bonnet switch, all in full working order, happy days
Old 15 September 2012, 05:42 PM
amego
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Inviroman
See below:

The following features are switchable by the end user, using the keypad, and are detailed in the back of your
operating instructions.
To access this mode - turn on the vehicle ignition, press the remote button once, type one of the numbers
listed in the chart below, immediately turn off the ignition. The numbers will have the following effect:
Number Function
0 Last trigger isolation - allows the system to be set excluding any circuit giving a trigger signal
at the end of the settle time (i.e. allows the system to be set with a defective bonnet switch,
without “false alarming” until the switch can be replaced)
1 Turns off the bleeps only for the next time the system is armed (If bleeps turned on!)
2 Turn off ultrasonics only for the next time the system is armed (also possible by pressing the
Remote Key with the ignition on before arming)
3 Puts the system into valet mode (effectively freezing the passive immobilisation and any
other features such as auto arm when the vehicle goes in for service. System re-activated by
arming with the remote key).
4 Turn on auto-lock (an anti-hijack feature that locks the doors and boot when the ignition is
turned on)
5 Turn off auto-lock
6 Turn off bleeps every time system is armed or disarmed
(Turned off at manufacture to comply with legislation)
7 Turn on bleeps every time system is armed or disarmed
( Note: This will contravene current legislation)
8 Displays vehicle’s battery voltage – 10 flashes on dashboard LED = approximately 10 volts
9 Turn on super-lock for next set period (allows the alarm to arm, but then shuts down the
receiver. This reduces the systems current consumption if the vehicle is left for a number of
weeks. The system then can only be disarmed using your PIN number , this gives protection
even if your keys are stolen, whilst you are away on holiday.
* Toggles between loud and soft arming/disarming bleeps if selected ( See above note in 7)
Thanks turned of to comply with legalisation ???