Sponsored by:

Performance Figures WRX PPP

Search this Thread

Old 30 July 2012, 04:30 PM
Jamieee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance Figures WRX PPP

Im thinking of selling my 330ci as my life style really requires a wagon.

Intially I wanted a Blob STI, but family changes etc a wagon looks like the way forward.

Im thinking of a blob WRX PPP, will just about tick the boxes. However what are the performance figures be against an saloon STI. Is there a site with said figures on? 0-60 etc etc
Old 30 July 2012, 04:49 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i have a wrx wagon ppp and it's as quick as a standard sti, and quicker in some situations, more comfortable to live with day to day, and then theres the practicality factor.

No doubt someone will be along shortly to say i'm talking crap, but as a fast road practical family car for circa £4k, it's hard to beat.

Not as strong as an sti but more than capable of dealing with 330 bhp, they are lighter than an sti and with the longer gearbox ratio's can stay with a STANDARD sti add the faster spooling TD04 turbo into the mix and the sti will get left from the lights to above national speed limits.

The sti IS a better car for modding but as a day to day car i find the suspension too firm for uk roads, but it does come into it's own when pushing on, that said a few handling mods and if like mine you have better brakes (AP 4 pots) then there is nothing in it performance wise.
Old 30 July 2012, 04:50 PM
JamieJerkovic
Scooby Regular

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...pp-or-sti.html you may find this helpfull
Old 30 July 2012, 05:33 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

think a standard ppp is around 265bhp ide go for the sti if i were you
Old 30 July 2012, 08:04 PM
daz1968
Scooby Regular

I used to have a wrx ppp, and if you are happy with 265bhp and want a more comfortable ride then I would go for it, if you think you will want more then I would forget the wagon part and go for an sti. But I think the 0-60 is around 5 secs but you need to be very hard on the car to achieve it,
Old 30 July 2012, 08:58 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by powerwrx
think a standard ppp is around 265bhp ide go for the sti if i were you
He wants a wagon mate.
Old 30 July 2012, 10:37 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Forget about 0-60 figures chap, in the real world they do not matter.

If you need a wagon then you won't go far wrong with a PPP WRX. Not quite the car an STI is but hey, unless you can find a STI wagon you don't have much choice.

A few subtle changes and a WRX will be fine.
Old 31 July 2012, 04:32 PM
Jamieee
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the replies, i had my hear set on an STI but with a big fat smelly dog to lump around plus the option of being able to chuck my bike in the back a wagon is the most practical for my needs.

I just dont want to be having the 265bhp is not enough power thoughts, what mods on top of the PPP could I do to make it alittle more, whilst trying to keep cost under control.

Cheers.
Old 31 July 2012, 04:45 PM
WRX Blues
Scooby Regular

I would go for a standard WRX and get a decent re-map. A well driven WRX PPP may well keep pace with a standard STi - that is until you need brakes...
Old 31 July 2012, 08:03 PM
daz1968
Scooby Regular

My old wrx saloon ppp, I fitted sti front brembos and wheels and a white line 22mm rear anti rollbar, was a very good setup, if you want a bit more fit a vf35 turbo, sti top mount and sti pink injectors, along with a ppp sti sportcat.
Old 31 July 2012, 09:28 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jamieee
Thanks for the replies, i had my hear set on an STI but with a big fat smelly dog to lump around plus the option of being able to chuck my bike in the back a wagon is the most practical for my needs.

I just dont want to be having the 265bhp is not enough power thoughts, what mods on top of the PPP could I do to make it alittle more, whilst trying to keep cost under control.

Cheers.
Trust me the wrx ppp is more than a match for a standard sti, peak torque is higher and comes in earlier, which regardless of what the Sti possy say makes it a quicker car, unless you bang into modding and push the car really hard a wrx ppp is where its at, for fast road.

Stick around long enough and own a few scoobs and you will realise that there is a lot of cr4p talked about these cars by people that have not driven or better still lived with one, i have had a few now and theres nowt wrong with a wrx ppp wagon that a few choice mods won't sort.

If you want to tune it then don't bother with the ppp but if you just want to tinker and keep costs down then get one and sort the brakes and handling, power wise they wont set the world on fire, but it is a good drivable package, with bags of mid range pull, which is exactly where you want it.
Old 31 July 2012, 09:43 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

The space is not that great though. Bike on it's own, yes, but the dog as well will be a struggle.