Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Off to look at a scooby on saturday

Hi people,

I fancy a change of scooby,i currently drive a v5 sti wagon so i
just wanted to ask you lot out there to give me a few tips on viewing a scooby
Im going to look at the white bug sti ra over at Hurst cars,Bedford

http://www.hurstcars.co.uk/used-cars...01222474012434

Wondered if anyone has viewed it or anyone can give me a few pointers towards what to look for on this modified scooby apart from the normal tyre wear and blue smoke amongst others!

Ive spoke to the last owner and the mapper who got it to where it is today
and both speak highly of it,ive also spoken to Maks a few times who also sounds a decent chap over the phone

i realise its not everyones cup of tea ,so please,only helpful comments as i love it already,and ive not even seen it in the flesh!!!

Hope you can help

Neil
Old 20 July 2012, 03:44 PM
craigyp
Scooby Regular

Can't speak for the car. But highly recommend glen and Becky there top people who know there stuff
Old 20 July 2012, 03:51 PM
the hamster
BANNED

As above, cant speak highly enough of Glen and Becky at Carnetix. If i was you i would give them a call as Glen is bound to remember the car.
Old 20 July 2012, 05:29 PM
stedee
Scooby Regular

cant knock the spec
Old 20 July 2012, 05:42 PM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.

Everything top notch.
Sounds like a good one.Engine,brakes & suspension all sorted & mods fitted to give a proper balanced performance package.That's rare!!
Old 20 July 2012, 11:42 PM
All Tourlk
Scooby Regular

Can say anything about the car but brought my s202 from max he's a very helpful honest bloke. Only has top spec scoobys he done me well on mines well trusted bloke.
Old 20 July 2012, 11:53 PM
billy21
Scooby Regular

Bought my type r off max and didn't try talk around anything. Was very honest and didn't hide even the little scratch I would never have even seen. Will be going there again when it's time for another
Old 21 July 2012, 09:10 AM
scoobyken
Scooby Regular

Massive spec on the car but shouldn't that car be seeing well over 400bhp?
Old 21 July 2012, 09:31 PM
white noise
Scooby Regular

Potential to a lot more Kenny ;-)
Old 21 July 2012, 09:42 PM
thunder8
Scooby Regular

i like that a lot
Old 21 July 2012, 09:49 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Is 377 not low for a GT30?
Old 21 July 2012, 09:51 PM
prodriverules
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 above,377 is well below what a GT30 billet should give,is it running actuator pressure lol?
Old 21 July 2012, 09:56 PM
white noise
Scooby Regular

It seems low,but seeing and driving it today makes me wonder what 480-500 would feel like if took to its true potential!!
Cannot wait to drive it home,lovely non lag car with all the right balance of mods!
Met Maks today and its nice to see in todays society a honest,decent car salesman.......can recomend him to any others looking for one of his cars

White Noise

What this space
Old 21 July 2012, 10:53 PM
murray555
Scooby Regular

Looks well lad, have fun.
Old 22 July 2012, 12:34 AM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Brun
Is 377 not low for a GT30?
Gt30 should be running around 450s if modded correctly
Old 22 July 2012, 12:50 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As above 377bhp is low,but depends which one is there GT30,assume there is standard location turbo and can be MD555-400/450/500 or MD321 series

Jura
Old 26 July 2012, 01:43 AM
adam405sti
Scooby Regular

Please please please all potential buyers looking to purchase a Subaru, please make sure you have arranged any finance/loans etc prior to viewing a car at Hurst Cars in order to prevent any time being wasted on both sides. Thank you.

Last edited by adam405sti; 26 July 2012 at 03:54 AM.
Old 26 July 2012, 09:26 AM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by adam405sti
Please please please all potential buyers looking to purchase a Subaru, please make sure you have arranged any finance/loans etc prior to viewing a car at Hurst Cars in order to prevent any time being wasted on both sides. Thank you.
oh dear.
Old 26 July 2012, 09:52 AM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Can't understand why people do this, if you can't afford the car then tough. Save up and buy it outright.

Bloody dreamers !
Old 26 July 2012, 05:06 PM
MrNoisy
Supporting Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Woah there, before you all start putting the boot in, I know the OP and this problem was the bank being a pain in the **** due to a change where wages are paid; it should have been a straightforward yes.
I'm sure some of you who live with me in the real world know exactly what an utter pain it can be to get banks to sort out what should be simple admin work.
To the poster immediately above - I bought my Scooby for £7250 and I didn't have that lying around, I used a 12 month interest free credit card to pay for £4.5k of it. I don't disagree that it's good practice in life good to save and buy, but I'm guessing many of don't always follow that road that when buying houses and cars

Met a few people in my 8 years of Scooby ownership and can say that Neil is most definitely not a time waster, he's a 100% genuine nice bloke and I'll vouch for him on that.

This stuff happens from time to time, and in fairness at least the seller was told as soon as this the problem arose; as far as we had been made aware nobody else was waiting to view the car so yes it was 90 minutes of time wasted on a Sunday so sorry to the OP for that as I was with Neil when we viewed the car.
TBH, I had more time wasted than that by complete idiots who clearly didn't have much interest in the car yet were calling me asking me to reserve it, promising to give me a deposit only then renaging on that 5 days later, when I was trying to sell my old car privately. I assure you Neil is exceptionally disappointed that he wasn't able to progress on this as we thought it was pretty much a given.

I'd ask people to please take a step back and let the dust settle rather than kicking someone when they don't know the full circumstances.

To the owner of Hurst cars - you seemed like a nice genuine guy mate, and I'll vouch that the car seemed to have a cracking engine, went very well - so good luck with the sale.

Oh and P.S. the power figure above was at the wheels not at the flywheel.
Was dyno'd at Tractive.

Last edited by MrNoisy; 26 July 2012 at 05:10 PM.
Old 26 July 2012, 05:18 PM
Berks-Jack
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bugeye_Scoob
Woah there, before you all start putting the boot in, I know the OP and this problem was the bank being a pain in the **** due to a change where wages are paid; it should have been a straightforward yes.
I'm sure some of you who live with me in the real world know exactly what an utter pain it can be to get banks to sort out what should be simple admin work.
To the poster immediately above - I bought my Scooby for £7250 and I didn't have that lying around, I used a 12 month interest free credit card to pay for £4.5k of it. I don't disagree that it's good practice in life good to save and buy, but I'm guessing many of don't always follow that road that when buying houses and cars

Met a few people in my 8 years of Scooby ownership and can say that Neil is most definitely not a time waster, he's a 100% genuine nice bloke and I'll vouch for him on that.

This stuff happens from time to time, and in fairness at least the seller was told as soon as this the problem arose; as far as we had been made aware nobody else was waiting to view the car so yes it was 90 minutes of time wasted on a Sunday. In fairness, I had more time wasted than that by complete idiots who clearly didn't have much interest in the car yet were calling me asking me to reserve it, promising to give me a deposit only then renaging on that 5 days later, when I was trying to sell my old car privately.

I'd ask people to please take a step back and let the dust settle rather than kicking someone when they don't know the full circumstances.

To the owner of Hurst cars - you seemed like a nice genuine guy mate, and I'll vouch that the car seemed to have a cracking engine, went very well - so good luck with the sale.

Was dyno'd at Tractive.
Beat me to it.

Max knows that Neil was serious about the car, as he stated several times on Saturday that he knew more about the car than he did as he had spoken to tractive and the previous owner gaining information on it.
Old 26 July 2012, 05:30 PM
adam405sti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bugeye_Scoob

This stuff happens from time to time, and in fairness at least the seller was told as soon as this the problem arose; as far as we had been made aware nobody else was waiting to view the car so yes it was 90 minutes of time wasted on a Sunday so sorry to the OP for that as I was with Neil when we viewed the car.
TBH, I had more time wasted than that by complete idiots who clearly didn't have much interest in the car yet were calling me asking me to reserve it, promising to give me a deposit only then renaging on that 5 days later, when I was trying to sell my old car privately. I assure you Neil is exceptionally disappointed that he wasn't able to progress on this as we thought it was pretty much a given.

Was dyno'd at Tractive.
My reply above is not a dig at the OP or anyone else in this case. My reply is simply stating having arrangements in place PRIOR to viewing would just save both parties time. As a result of 2 other potential buyers doing the same thing this month (coming out for test drives prior to any financial arrangements being made) i have posted this reply. I try my utmost to ensure all details of vehicles are clear prior to viewing to ensure saving peoples time and effort and would just appreciate the same consideration in reply.

Just a polite notice. Thank you.

Last edited by adam405sti; 26 July 2012 at 05:34 PM.
Old 26 July 2012, 05:31 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Sorry but I just don't agree with borrowing money for what is in reality, a luxury.
I know many people do it and that's up to them but its not something I'd ever do or encourage.
I always insist on a large non refundable deposit when selling a car as loans and finance deals often fall through.

Unless I have the money in my pocket/bank account I never go and view a car.
Old 26 July 2012, 05:42 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MattyB1983

Unless I have the money in my pocket/bank account I never go and view a car.
+1 with the above.

However, the method by which you get it there is no ones business but your own.
Old 26 July 2012, 05:47 PM
MrNoisy
Supporting Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
However, the method by which you get it there is no ones business but your own.
LOL - totally agree. Let's put the shooters in the motor and go get us some "finance"
And Max - yes mate, totally understand where you sit on this - it wasn't really you I was aiming for with my post
Old 26 July 2012, 06:02 PM
adam405sti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Berks-Jack
Beat me to it.

Max knows that Neil was serious about the car, as he stated several times on Saturday that he knew more about the car than he did as he had spoken to tractive and the previous owner gaining information on it.
Neil seems like a sound guy and hope he gets what he is looking for in the future. I don't doubt for a second he was genuinely interested in the car. I am not here to brandish or tarnish any ones name just saying this as a general thing.

Last edited by adam405sti; 26 July 2012 at 06:05 PM.
Old 26 July 2012, 06:13 PM
white noise
Scooby Regular

I feel I have to comment as little or as much as people feel I have done an injustice to anyone
I didn't see the point in going for a loan before I viewed the car incase,and I'm sure its happened to a lot of us on here ,that it turned out not quite as we expected
Plus without making this sound like a witch hunt or getting a violin out , I did not expect the bank being as unforthcoming as they were as I have v good credit !

I did do a lot of history searching prior to viewing and spoke to the mapper and previous owner in grt depth about this one off car ,so to be tarred as a time waster is offensive and completely dissapointing on fellow members / sellers
Would most ppl drive 90 miles each way ,in a scooby to view another scooby just to waste mine and my friends who came with me time?
I'm not getting into a slagging match with keyboard warriors on here,life is too short, but I can assure you I'm deeply upset I missed out on a lovely car

Regards
Neil
Old 26 July 2012, 06:25 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by white noise
I feel I have to comment as little or as much as people feel I have done an injustice to anyone
I didn't see the point in going for a loan before I viewed the car incase,and I'm sure its happened to a lot of us on here ,that it turned out not quite as we expected
Plus without making this sound like a witch hunt or getting a violin out , I did not expect the bank being as unforthcoming as they were as I have v good credit !

I did do a lot of history searching prior to viewing and spoke to the mapper and previous owner in grt depth about this one off car ,so to be tarred as a time waster is offensive and completely dissapointing on fellow members / sellers
Would most ppl drive 90 miles each way ,in a scooby to view another scooby just to waste mine and my friends who came with me time?
I'm not getting into a slagging match with keyboard warriors on here,life is too short, but I can assure you I'm deeply upset I missed out on a lovely car

Regards
Neil
But you went to drive a car with the intention of buying it without actually having any money. The "money" never came through so you did (not intentionally) waste people's time.

I hear what your saying about the loan and car not being what you want etc but your obviously on the hunt for a car, if the one Maks has wasn't for you then you would of found another. It's not like you were getting a loan specifically for this car, you want a loan to buy an Impreza.

I'm not having a dig but car traders see this everyday (my father was in the trade for 40years) and I know how frustrating it is for them.
If you don't have the available funds for the purchase and you want a car then a personal loan is far better than finance, just get your loan approved first or even just meet with your bank to see if a loan is an option.

Good luck chap and i genuinely hope you get sorted

Last edited by MattyB1983; 26 July 2012 at 06:28 PM.
Old 26 July 2012, 06:59 PM
adam405sti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by white noise

Regards
Neil
As i said earlier Neil, this is not a dig at you. I know you genuinely liked the car and would have more than likely had it if it wasn't for the turn of events. I stated the position i would "prefer" to be in prior viewings.

I bend over backwards to ensure you guys get the right cars. They are very hard to find as i'm sure alot of you are aware. Which in turn means alot of my time is consumed sourcing the "right" cars. Just a little consideration preferred. Neil your a top bloke and so were the guys you bought with you.
Old 26 July 2012, 07:30 PM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.

Just to add that having the money ready when going car hunting also gives you the option to snap up that real minter that will turn up occasionally at a bargain price before someone else nabs it.

Quick Reply: Off to look at a scooby on saturday