Sponsored by:

Advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 13 June 2012, 06:19 PM
dazzr1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice needed

Hi folks right this is going to be a bit long winded but bear with me, I work as a kinda chauffeur in the film business, I drive an Audi A8 for work which is my own and play with my scooby at weekends and so on, on the 22nd of April I was traveling to work on my own along the M4, I was in the outside lane doing approx 70 (ish) going with the flow of traffic, I had a car behind me from Newbury staying with me and all was ok, until, we got to junction 10, we had just passed it when a slight break in traffic appeared in the middle lane, all of a sudden the car behind me pulled over sharply into the middle lane, accelerated up the inside of me, at this point I'm thinking, no surely not, I have a car I front of me and no where near enough room for him to pull out, surely not..... Then bam! He pulls straight out in front of me I slam on the brakes he hits the front of my car I skid and NEARLY **** my pants as I see the central reservation and I'm doing the 'speed limit' ;-)
I flash my lights and toot the horn to get him to pull over, after a minute or so he starts to pull over and I follow, I get straight out the car and approach his only to recognise the driver straight away from the t.v.!!!!
Don't know whether or not I should name him just yet so to be safe for the moment I won't,
So as I approach the car I ask him what the hell he thinks he's doing, to which he immediately replies 'I'm really sorry I'm running late, so sorry are you ok?' to which I reply with a few minor obscenities and say that's no excuse to drive like a ****! He rights down his car reg, name and mobile number and asks for mine, asks if there is damage to mine which I reply yes but just looks like a few light scuffs across the bumper and headlight, (very lucky I thought) so as I'm writing my details down, all of a sudden he says, no point contacting the insurance really is there
Excuse me? Whys that then? I say
He says, well there's no witnesses is there? I'll just say you hit me
Cheeky f**cking b****rd!!! I could not beleive what he said!
With that he attempted to drive off, so I stood I front of his car, what u doing he asked, so I said I'm checking the number you gave me as as far as I'm concerned it could be anyone's! So checked it and yes it's his, with this he drives away
I rang the police and they said they could do nothing but if I wanted to file a dangerous driving allegation form in I could, so I did, I tried ringing him several times from several different phones with no luck so eventually on the 25th I rang the insurance and explained it all, which they were fine with proceedings started, they contacted his insurance, who after another week could not get hold of him, when they did he turned round as he said he would and told them that's not what happened, I ran into the back of him!!! Tosser
So now I'm stuck, the company my insurers passed it onto have handed it back to my insurers saying they don't think they'll get 100% of there money back on repairing my car as the 3rd party is disputing it, and at the moment my insurers are saying I'll have to settle for going knock for knock losing my no claims, losing half my excess, and having my policy soar next year!!!
Surely there must be something I can do
That's legal, beleive me the thoughts I'm having are not!!!
Anyone got any ideas?
Old 13 June 2012, 06:20 PM
dazzr1
Scooby Regular

Btw the quote from Audi for repairing my car is just shy of £2,300
Although to be fair I could get it done cheaper if needed to
Old 13 June 2012, 08:31 PM
zayd
Scooby Regular

I would give your whole post over to a big tabloid newspaper, along with his NAME of course! That'll teach him to lie!
Old 13 June 2012, 08:44 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Come on, who was it ???
Old 13 June 2012, 08:48 PM
maz_man
Scooby Regular

Was it a Bbc tv presenter?
Old 13 June 2012, 08:58 PM
curbendurben
Scooby Newbie

name him and shame him, and yes there are witnesses ( cctv ) on many roads these days

and keep pushing with your claim
Old 13 June 2012, 10:19 PM
dazzr1
Scooby Regular

Believe me I want to name him but don't know weather it would come back on me at this point?
As for cctv not an option, by the time I thought about cameras and so forth it's a bit late, I don't think they keep the feeds for very long do they?
Used to be bbc I think, tbf he's just a washed up wanna be who's more than happy making a tit out of himself in panto!!!
He lives around the Newbury area, I do have his phone number I could spread every where but he doesn't bloody answer it!!!! Lol
Any1 else got any ideas? I've never been in this position before so unsure as to what to do, the body shop guy at Audi and the assessor who came to inspect mine have both said that there's no way with the damage on mine I could possibly gone into the back of him, but because I don't have a witness the insurance arent exactly coming forward with ways of fighting this!!

Trending Topics

Old 13 June 2012, 10:37 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tricky thing is that you did run into the back of him (as I read it), not sure what the assessor means because the damage is caused by a collision at relative speed....

However, If the insurance assessor says that the other guy did it then your insurance won't pay out and they will chase him..........

or am I misssing something ?

Shaun