Sponsored by:

Quite a happy smiley face today :D

Search this Thread

Old 02 June 2012, 11:54 PM
r1c
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quite a happy smiley face today :D

I'm quite pleased today after a, what has seemed to me a drawn out process.
To cut a long story short, I lent my scoob to my mum for the day 2 months ago, to take my wife and son to the hospital as I was working. Part way through the day My wife calls to say..... Basically, we were having lunch, there's a dent, some scratches and the bumpers hanging off!!!!!

Aaaaagghhhhhhh!!!!!! Is every one ok??? Is the reply she got. Turns out the scoob is parked, in Mc D's. A young lady was seen erratically pulling in the car park, missed the space and hit the scoob!! . Luckily a man in a van, saw it all, as did the CCTV to which we later found out. The very nice man, waited for my family to return to the scoob to tell us what happened and offer his details!!! There are not enough of people like this about!!!!!

Anyway after all the normal **** of reporting the incident, there were lots of hills to climb, like mum was 3rd party only on my car, the policewere only interested in prosecuting for leaving the scene, eventually, her insurers would talk to us to say she denies this happened.

Turns out today the police call, they have been in contact with the registered keeper, firstly to confirm if they were in the vacinity at the time, denied!! Then re asked, referring to the evidence!! GOTCHA!!!!

I cannot thank these people enough, the van man, mcD's manager and the police. She will not get away with it!! I also won't have to drive around in a scoob with damage anymore!!!
Old 03 June 2012, 12:18 PM
BLACK TURBO
Scooby Regular

Glad you have a happy ending, I hate parking my car in a car park and return to find a ding in a panel where some **** has opened their door into it but that must have been really gutting....
Old 03 June 2012, 12:27 PM
crookedvulture
BANNED

Aaah it boils my **** when people do things like this,why not just put your hands up & say yup I fooked up & am sorry.
A young girl pulled out in front of my mate of mine on his motorbike,she nearly killed the guy & denied that it was her mistake although she was banged to rights.
I hope karma catches up with these people.
Old 03 June 2012, 04:21 PM
r1c
Scooby Regular

Thanks guys, I'm just waiting on conformation from her insurers now so I don't have to drive round with a damaged car!! I hate it.

The CCTV showed her making a phone call whilst still attached tony car, then going through the drive through!! The bloody cheek!!!!!