Sponsored by:

Spark plugs!

Search this Thread

Old 04 May 2012, 10:06 PM
GONZO01
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Spark plugs!

Posted a thread a few days ago asking what spark plugs are best to get for my classic turbo 2000, thanks for the reply's not sure if they helped or not lol, but I deffo need new spark plugs as a few minutes after starting the car she idles rough revs drop slightly and sounds like she is going to cut out does this for a few minutes then returns to normal, but I have a few questions:- will this damage the car if I drive it until I change them, does it affect power and how the **** do you take out plug number 4 and then tighten the plug (what exact tool do I need for this)? Thanks in advance Craig.
Old 04 May 2012, 10:13 PM
chopperman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I managed to remove and replace #4 plug with just a plug socket and short extension bar on the 2.5 engine. Hardest part was removing the coil pack and that was hardly that hard.
Old 04 May 2012, 10:14 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently did the spark plugs on my '99 classic. I found if you remove the airbox on the drivers side and battery on t'other, you can just about squeeze in. I used a small extension on the long plug socket and an elbow joint on that. Then a longer extension on the ratchet. It certainly wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Do make sure the leads are nice and tight afterwards as it's a real pain having to remove everything again if you forget

Have fun.

P.S. the above was done from above the engine on my drive, no ramps etc. as some people do it from below the car (and I have big hands and managed).

Andy