Sponsored by:

Noobie with a paint query :o)

Search this Thread

Old 19 April 2012, 01:02 PM
Bellatrix
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noobie with a paint query :o)

Hey all, been lurking for a week or so now, just grabbed a classic impreza sport. I know, I know. It's underpowered etc etc. she was bought as a 'sensible' substitute for my mr2 as I needed more seats and a bigger boot for my hobby (1/5th scale rc racing.)

Ive entered into Scooby ownership after nearly 10 years of Toyotas including a 1986 mk1 mr2, my current 1992 mk2 mr2 (soon to find a new home), gen 5 celica and a lifted hilux surf. I'm hoping the scoob will be just as bulletproof.

She's totally stock and quite tidy apart from a couple of trolly dinks. I'm wanting to update her a little by colour coding wing mirrors and a few other small bits but I'm having trouble finding rattle cans anywhere local. Tried Helfrauds and anywhere else within range but they never stock any Subaru paint. Is this the norm?

Any ideas where I may find rattle cans in 64c green (I think) other than paying over the odds from paint suppliers. If I wanted to do more of the car I would just go and get a few ltrs mixed up but without full access to a garage, she'll have to wait for a full respray

No doubt I'll be asking a few noob questions but for now I'd be happy making it look smart again. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Cassi.
Old 19 April 2012, 01:14 PM
95turbowagon
Scooby Regular

Does the halfords you tried not mix paint? got some WR blue spray paint made up from halfords and it was a spot on match, think about £10 a can.
Old 19 April 2012, 01:19 PM
Bellatrix
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by 95turbowagon
Does the halfords you tried not mix paint? got some WR blue spray paint made up from halfords and it was a spot on match, think about £10 a can.
Indeed they do but from past experience they're not very good colour match wise. The cans are also quite small compared to their ready mixed cans which are cheaper. Will have to give it a go I guess failing anything else.
Old 19 April 2012, 01:21 PM
craigo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 95turbowagon
what info did you need to give them to mix your paint ? it seems its who you talk to inside the store. some know more than others....