ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Looking for a part of tech

Search this Thread

Old 19 April 2012, 08:16 AM
Mark Pile
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a part of tech

Hi guys I know this may not be right one but on later scoops with odd u can get a monitor that plus in I think it's alled the ps3 or summat lol, well a few years ago while I was working on a fresh import classic it had similar device on the dash, plugged into a white plug under the dash by the black and green ecu plugs used for cel light check,

Does anyone have a clue what they were called there old school but so rare I wondered if I could get 1
Old 19 April 2012, 10:47 AM
L3YMS
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah its called a psi 3 secs monitor I think. I was after one a while back but the prices are quite high in my opinion for what you get. I went for a vagcom cable and a copy of evoscan which allows for ecu resetting and logging on a laptop with the option of virtual display gauges.
I was put off by the pricetag, the fact that most are green lcd (look a bit dated to me) rather than the better (more expensive) blue glow type, quite a few seem to have developed problems due to their age either with the screen or wierd readings.

Also you have to make sure you get the right model for your car & support is based on being able to track down the guy that built them which is hard because the company doesn't make them anymore.

If you can find a good blue glow one then they look good. There was a car for sale on a dealers forecourt in Bedford area a month ago that had a blue glow one in the dash pod. I saw it on e-bay, I was going to make them an offer for it and swap it for a factory pocket as I live quite local but couldnt be bothered in the end.