Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

improvements...scoobynet

Search this Thread

Old 04 May 2002, 09:22 PM
HKSubaru
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
everyone's improving there cars and everything around us improves...so why doesn't scoobynet maybe just have some nice finishing touch kind of changes??
don't get me wrong i love scoobynet and everything about it..that's why i come on everyday i try.....just that it's always nice to have a change and am sure the moderators would not mind having a view from the scoobyneteers in here...and well if they have time...

not much to improve as the bbs is nice and all but i would like some stuff like...

*the search section and shop section up and running (never seen it on since i've been on scoobynet)
*maybe a thing to say who's logged on so you can see when people are on or something..

can't really think of any..as it's brill...

just my view but no silly arguements ok??
Old 04 May 2002, 09:27 PM
HKSubaru
Scooby Senior

actually did go on sidc or scoobycity when scoobynet was down and did like the cars and pics you can have on the left..next to the name and also a feature in which you can write a ending message..
Old 04 May 2002, 09:33 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Cool

takes a lot of the computer server thingy power or sumin all that i believe & with this being so popular not feasible & i'd rather have decent info rather than people showing off i mean it's not wot owning a scoobs all about now is it lol
Si
PS not a PC genious if u kudn't tell from me lingo
Old 04 May 2002, 09:36 PM
Ian Griffiths
Scooby Regular

There's a fine line between functionality and tack-on stuff, IMO signatures and images for every post are a waste of valuable bandwidth and don't really add to posts. Having said that an owners database linked to profile would be an excellent thing to see which is why I'm developing one myself for my own site (non-Scooby btw).

I'll happily pass on design/code/whatever else if SDB or anyone else is thinking of developing such a thing. Mines MySQL/PHP though and I know that this board isn't, I think because it can be done more efficiently on the hosting which this board has.
Old 04 May 2002, 09:49 PM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Simon has said that the shop will be back up and running soon as well as the search.

Just spare time to do it I think.

Lee
Old 04 May 2002, 11:03 PM
HKSubaru
Scooby Senior

yeah....good points.