Sponsored by:

2011 WRX Sti

Search this Thread

Old 20 March 2012, 05:40 PM
NormantheDog
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 WRX Sti

The very poor fitting kit the dealer installed in the centre console for an Ipod connection to the stereo dash has collapsed. To fit it back together I need to remove the storage piece under the centre armrest or the section around the handbrake - is this easy to do or should I take to my dealer under warranty? Apologies but I'm cr*p with cars. I'm assuming the plastic just snaps off somewhere?
Old 20 March 2012, 06:59 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 747 Likes on 620 Posts

Originally Posted by NormantheDog
The very poor fitting kit the dealer installed in the centre console for an Ipod connection to the stereo dash has collapsed. To fit it back together I need to remove the storage piece under the centre armrest or the section around the handbrake - is this easy to do or should I take to my dealer under warranty? Apologies but I'm cr*p with cars. I'm assuming the plastic just snaps off somewhere?
If they installed it, I would get them to fix as unless you know what you are doing, a few items are easy to break when removing the centre console.

The USB/jack plug fitting can come apart if not put back together properly when the PCB and cover are changed to suit the Pioneer sat nav (really needs a touch of glue to keep it all together before refitting).
Old 20 March 2012, 07:16 PM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have paid for a job to be carried out and its not right thdn take it back to them and have it done properly. As mentioned it can be easy to break then you have no chance getting it fixed by them for nothing. Book it in