Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Just pulled by the Rozzers

Search this Thread

Old 03 May 2002, 02:41 AM
stephen30
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like they were doing a good job for a change. Fortunately never been stopped at all.

Steve
Old 03 May 2002, 07:55 AM
Plums!
Scooby Regular

Next time tell him your top speed.......

In Germany mate!
Old 03 May 2002, 08:13 AM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

I think everyone gets a bit nervous in situations like that, just the same as going through Customs when you're travelling. It's not that you've done anything wrong, but just the fear that you're under scrutiny. My pulse shoots up every time I see a blue light or hear a siren, even though my route to work is also the main road to the police station, fire station and hospital!

I was pulled last year just because 'obviously a lot of these get stolen, sir' - they just wanted to gauge my reaction to having a blue light come on behind me. The policeman commented that he half expected me to floor it as soon as I saw the light come on; I (perhaps foolishly?) commented that his Vectra wouldn't have had much chance of catching a stolen scooby anyway At that point we smiled at each other and left

From what some people have said, I reckon I'm lucky to have only been pulled once in 2 years' Scooby ownership. The only other time I've been stopped was ten years ago, driving my just-legal rustbucket Fiat Panda at 2am. Can't blame them for that either, really

Andy.
Old 03 May 2002, 09:10 AM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Thanks for the post. Too many negative posts on here about cops without showing the other side. I've lived in a number of funny places (including Moscow for 2 yrs) and believe me, after that the British police are really pretty good!

Well done guys

BJH
Old 03 May 2002, 10:09 AM
Rob B
Scooby Regular

Smile

Know exactly what you mean about feeling guilty. When I was in Australia I did a tour of the country in a campervan. I got pulled over by the police one day for a random breath test. Despite the fact that the campervan had a maximum speed of about 60mph so there wasn't a chance in hell I'd been speeding and I hadn't touched a drop of the sauce for about 4 days, I still felt a cold sweat when the blue lights came on.

Getting a bit more confident with our friends in blue now though - mainly because the number of brushes with them has increased since the Scoob came along. Got tailed by a patrol car last week - he was trying to put some pressure on by coming up a bit close behind to see how I reacted (which I must add, I'm OK with in theory) - he got a bit too close though, so I thought a quick test of the brakes was in order. Managed to send the message fairly bluntly that I was kosha and wasn't going to be intimidated. Shame he didn't hit me as I could do with a new rear bumper!
Old 03 May 2002, 10:17 AM
HKSubaru
Scooby Senior

Where you drinking mate?!
police stopped to see when i broke down on the motorway (clutch!) one was a moody sod. the other was a nice chap showing us all the gear and equipment and saying what's not allowed and what is! They are in a green volvo. there equipment is amazing though... they got those cameras which can zoom in and the pictures still crystal clear. they left after i said the car was not a import..and when the moody officer said he had better things to do. hate them when they are after you..