ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Just pulled by the Rozzers (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/92881-just-pulled-by-the-rozzers.html)

Bravo2zero_sps 03 May 2002 01:14 AM

1st time of many since owning my scoob I should expect, stopped on the way home from the pub for a check on the car. Scared the cr@p out of me while going round a sharp s bend on a country road to find a rozzer sitting there behind some trees followed by another one 400 yds down the road, I wasn't going over the speed limit or hammering it corner wise although still got a comment on "its a bit quick through the bends" :D

Bloke asked me how quick I have been in it! :eek: Told him I wasn't saying and he said look m8 I can't do you for it was just interested how quick it goes and he guessed its top speed at 130, I corrected him obviously :D I Lied my arse off about how quick I had been and said ok just touching 3 figures which he knew was bollocks and said yeah and the rest :D

Then goes "glad you didn't put your foot down as we wouldn't have stood a chance in hell in catching you in our little 306" Had to bite my lip very hard not to tell him I was still warming the engine up for a quick blast :p

I got the impression he rather liked scoobs :D

Thought I was gonna get breathalised but they just ran the normal check and explained about scoobs being so popular for ram raids etc although I'm not sure they get too many ram raids out in the middle of nowhere! Glad they are doing something worth while for a change tho instead of trying to nick me for 5 mph over the speed limit. Apparently they were looking for a bunch of kids tear arsing about the countryside in a silver Peugeot 205 gti :rolleyes: and asked me if I had seen one.

Told them scooby owners have no complaints being stopped to make sure its not some thieving w@nker driving who's nicked their pride and joy. Then they went on their merry way and left me to poodle all the way home wondering how many more were hiding in the bushes. (Haven't driven that slowly before ever)

Still don't know why I get the shakes round coppers, always make me nervous even when I know I haven't done anything wrong! Always makes me look bloody suspicious. Anyone else get like that? I suppose I will soon get used to it now owning a scoob. I'm just glad I wasn't putting my foot down a bit cos its a nice bit of road otherwise I would have been in doggy doo big time. Lesson definatley learnt about not to tear ar$e about the countryside at night time :p

stephen30 03 May 2002 02:41 AM

Sounds like they were doing a good job for a change. Fortunately never been stopped at all.

Steve

Plums! 03 May 2002 07:55 AM

Next time tell him your top speed.......

In Germany mate!

AndyC_772 03 May 2002 08:13 AM

I think everyone gets a bit nervous in situations like that, just the same as going through Customs when you're travelling. It's not that you've done anything wrong, but just the fear that you're under scrutiny. My pulse shoots up every time I see a blue light or hear a siren, even though my route to work is also the main road to the police station, fire station and hospital!

I was pulled last year just because 'obviously a lot of these get stolen, sir' - they just wanted to gauge my reaction to having a blue light come on behind me. The policeman commented that he half expected me to floor it as soon as I saw the light come on; I (perhaps foolishly?) commented that his Vectra wouldn't have had much chance of catching a stolen scooby anyway :D At that point we smiled at each other and left :)

From what some people have said, I reckon I'm lucky to have only been pulled once in 2 years' Scooby ownership. The only other time I've been stopped was ten years ago, driving my just-legal rustbucket Fiat Panda at 2am. Can't blame them for that either, really ;)

Andy.

Brendan Hughes 03 May 2002 09:10 AM

Thanks for the post. Too many negative posts on here about cops without showing the other side. I've lived in a number of funny places (including Moscow for 2 yrs) and believe me, after that the British police are really pretty good!

Well done guys

BJH

Rob B 03 May 2002 10:09 AM

Know exactly what you mean about feeling guilty. When I was in Australia I did a tour of the country in a campervan. I got pulled over by the police one day for a random breath test. Despite the fact that the campervan had a maximum speed of about 60mph so there wasn't a chance in hell I'd been speeding and I hadn't touched a drop of the sauce for about 4 days, I still felt a cold sweat when the blue lights came on.

Getting a bit more confident with our friends in blue now though - mainly because the number of brushes with them has increased since the Scoob came along. Got tailed by a patrol car last week - he was trying to put some pressure on by coming up a bit close behind to see how I reacted (which I must add, I'm OK with in theory) - he got a bit too close though, so I thought a quick test of the brakes was in order. Managed to send the message fairly bluntly that I was kosha and wasn't going to be intimidated. Shame he didn't hit me as I could do with a new rear bumper!

HKSubaru 03 May 2002 10:17 AM

Where you drinking mate?!
police stopped to see when i broke down on the motorway (clutch!) one was a moody sod. the other was a nice chap showing us all the gear and equipment and saying what's not allowed and what is! They are in a green volvo. there equipment is amazing though... they got those cameras which can zoom in and the pictures still crystal clear. they left after i said the car was not a import..and when the moody officer said he had better things to do. :) hate them when they are after you..

Bravo2zero_sps 03 May 2002 11:00 AM

NO I hadn't been drinking!

Never have more than 2 pints over an entire evening (I don't call this drinking) and if im out for less than a whole evening then I only have 1 pint. I'd had two pints of guiness and several cokes over a period of 3.5 hours and was fine. I think they were looking for a smell of alcohol but there wasn't any and they had no reason to breath test me. They were just testing my reaction to being followed and stopped like others have mentioned. As soon as I saw them flash their head lights and put the blue light on I pulled over immediately, locked the doors, turned the stereo off and put my window down a quarter until they came to the car and I could see they were kosha.

Were actually very polite compared to a lot of coppers I have come across when on my bike and other situations.