Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Errrmmmm.... No its not.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/vie...id=17124395032

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/vie...id=84375193455

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/vie...id=90697498704

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/vie...id=86555625844

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/vie...id=86555625844

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/vie...id=67318895532

Could spend all night posting links to cars that are miss advertised. What is wrong with these people !!!
Old 08 February 2012, 05:41 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Are you LOOKING for a car then?

Or do you just LIKE being wound up?
Old 08 February 2012, 05:45 PM
riiidaa
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You'll love this one - with its COLIN MCRAE ENGINE

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUBARU-IMP...-/190636674057
Old 08 February 2012, 05:45 PM
initialD
Scooby Regular

seems you have alot of time on your hands !
Old 08 February 2012, 05:48 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

first rule of ebay.

every impreza is 400 bhp regardless of mods!!

second rule of ebay

every impreza is an sti or better!!
Old 08 February 2012, 06:19 PM
chopperman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tubbytommy
first rule of ebay.

every impreza is 400 bhp regardless of mods!!

second rule of ebay

every impreza is an sti or better!!
Yeah and first rule of scoobynet, if it aint a 2 litre jdm rust bucket classic it's ****
Old 08 February 2012, 06:22 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Originally Posted by chopperman
Yeah and first rule of scoobynet, if it aint a 2 litre jdm rust bucket classic it's ****
lol i hope you have your flame suit ready!!

Trending Topics

Old 08 February 2012, 06:34 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What's wrong with the 2nd one down?
Old 08 February 2012, 07:28 PM
chopperman
Scooby Regular

lol i hope you have your flame suit ready!!
Suited and ready Would be hard to disagree with my statement with a straight face though
Old 08 February 2012, 07:37 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
Are you LOOKING for a car then?

Or do you just LIKE being wound up?
I'm either very sad or very bored..

Or maybe a mix of the two, lol.
Old 08 February 2012, 07:38 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paulo P
What's wrong with the 2nd one down?
A Version 3 STI RA 555 is a new one on me buddy.
Old 08 February 2012, 07:42 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Yeah and first rule, if it aint a 2 litre jdm classic it's ****
Steady up there fella.

I've edited your wording for you though.
Old 08 February 2012, 07:44 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Suited and ready Would be hard to disagree with my statement with a straight face though
i like classics and i have a newage, you are aware your the one who always claims the 2.5 hasn't got chocolate pistons and hg issues despite overwhelming evidence.

Old 08 February 2012, 07:46 PM
chopperman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MattyB1983
Steady up there fella.

I've edited your wording for you though.
Just proved my point. Thank you.
Old 08 February 2012, 07:49 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

A Version 3 STI RA 555 is a new one on me buddy.
I missed the fact he was advertising it as an RA They did do some 555's version 3 sti's didn't they? I don't know how many they made but I'm sure they are genuine.
Old 08 February 2012, 07:51 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

555 were all version 2's, like yours as far as I'm aware.
Old 08 February 2012, 07:53 PM
chopperman
Scooby Regular

i like classics and i have a newage, you are aware your the one who always claims the 2.5 hasn't got chocolate pistons and hg issues despite overwhelming evidence.

Well your actually re-framing the argument now. My point is ,on scoobynet if it aint a classic jdm it will get **** talked . And the only Proof you offer are threads posted on this site . Never is it mentioned about your beloved classics throwing rods, blowing head gaskets and rotting before your very eyes. How many classic standard pistons take the same power that a 2.5 withstands on standard pistons. 360-370 is known safe and many report 400 with no issues. My bet is a classic needs forging to withstand that too. Never talked about though is it?
Old 08 February 2012, 07:58 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

555 were all version 2's, like yours as far as I'm aware.
Is that version 3 an STI v-limited then? I've seen a few advertised as 555's but I wasn't sure.
Old 08 February 2012, 08:01 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Well your actually re-framing the argument now. My point is ,on scoobynet if it aint a classic jdm it will get **** talked . And the only Proof you offer are threads posted on this site . Never is it mentioned about your beloved classics throwing rods, blowing head gaskets and rotting before your very eyes. How many classic standard pistons take the same power that a 2.5 withstands on standard pistons. 360-370 is known safe and many report 400 with no issues. My bet is a classic needs forging to withstand that too. Never talked about though is it?
so are you claiming the 2.5 engine issues are made up on scoobynet??
how am i re framing the argument? i have a newage blob sti not a classic.
are you sure the issue with the 2.5 doesnt exist as you own one and dont want it to?

Last edited by tubbytommy; 08 February 2012 at 08:05 PM.
Old 08 February 2012, 08:19 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

I like you buddy and most of your posts are good reads but that statement above is rediculous.
It is a known fact that the 2.5 motors are not nearly as strong as their similar aged 2.0 brother.
Comparing them to a classic engine is barking up the wrong tree.
For starters, the newest classic is now 12 years old (I wonder how many are still on their original engine, quite a few I'd bet).
Also take into account how many classics were built in total compared to the 2.5 engined cars. I would bet my house that the failure rate percentage is far higher with the 2.5.
I completely understand that you want to defend your car, who wouldn't. I do it all the time for christs sake.
Old 08 February 2012, 08:24 PM
chopperman
Scooby Regular

so are you claiming the 2.5 engine issues are made up on scoobynet??
how am i re framing the argument? i have a newage blob sti not a classic.
are you sure the issue with the 2.5 doesny exist as you own one and dont want it to?
Im saying it's not as common as people like you make out. A couple of people report an issue and before you know it its been re posted so much you would think they all fail. This past 2 days for example 2 threads have started with peeps saying they want to buy a hawk. Your response " they go bang buy a jdm".
A while ago there was a thread about the Hawk 2.5. In the thread some came in with their mis-guided opinions. The proof to back this up was the hatch thread and one RB thread which was supposed top prove a piston issue even though the thread was actually about a HG going,nobody asked whether the car was standard or not
Then came some owners who posted their high trouble free mileage and some on standard internals with high power. The thread died quickly and ended up several pages back in no time.

You re- framed because my point was only certain cars ie classic jdm cars are loved by scoobynet members. You then claimed i deny any 2.5 issues whick is both un-true and nothing to do with the point i was raising.

So you have a blob. Good for you but its a 2.0l so doesnt really help your case of being inpasrtial or informed about the daily running of a 2.5. By the way, is your blob a jdm?
Old 08 February 2012, 08:30 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Im saying it's not as common as people like you make out. A couple of people report an issue and before you know it its been re posted so much you would think they all fail. This past 2 days for example 2 threads have started with peeps saying they want to buy a hawk. Your response " they go bang buy a jdm".
A while ago there was a thread about the Hawk 2.5. In the thread some came in with their mis-guided opinions. The proof to back this up was the hatch thread and one RB thread which was supposed top prove a piston issue even though the thread was actually about a HG going,nobody asked whether the car was standard or not
Then came some owners who posted their high trouble free mileage and some on standard internals with high power. The thread died quickly and ended up several pages back in no time.

You re- framed because my point was only certain cars ie classic jdm cars are loved by scoobynet members. You then claimed i deny any 2.5 issues whick is both un-true and nothing to do with the point i was raising.

So you have a blob. Good for you but its a 2.0l so doesnt really help your case of being inpasrtial or informed about the daily running of a 2.5. By the way, is your blob a jdm?

i have a blob sti type uk neither a jdm or a classic.

the reason people comment on the issues is because they exist! in the above thread you mentioned didnt someone say they had there hg replaced at 36k on his 2.5??

i bought a late 2.0 due to the 2.5 engine issues, i wanted a hawk but couldnt find a jdm for the right price and didnt want to run the risk of engine failure on the 2.5. hence why i have a blob instead.

also the jdm cars are far superior to the uk cars especially newage models, this is also fact.

if you believe its not an issue just made up by classic owning jdm ers then good luck to you and hope yours is trouble free.

if your happy with your car then thats all that matters.

but people come on the site asking for advice as i did and people warned me of the 2.5 issues which i then researched elsewhere and the were 100% correct and i am glad i made the decision to buy a 2.0

Last edited by tubbytommy; 08 February 2012 at 08:36 PM.
Old 08 February 2012, 08:42 PM
chopperman
Scooby Regular

I like you buddy and most of your posts are good reads but that statement above is rediculous.
It is a known fact that the 2.5 motors are not nearly as strong as their similar aged 2.0 brother.
Comparing them to a classic engine is barking up the wrong tree.
For starters, the newest classic is now 12 years old (I wonder how many are still on their original engine, quite a few I'd bet).
Also take into account how many classics were built in total compared to the 2.5 engined cars. I would bet my house that the failure rate percentage is far higher with the 2.5.
I completely understand that you want to defend your car, who wouldn't. I do it all the time for christs sake.
I like your posts too mate and believe it or not i like this site. Im not saying the 2 litre is not a stronger engine in many ways but there not without fault (what car is). My point is the 2.5 being made out to be overly weak. Many of the old classics as you rightly say have been re-built now and quite often forged for the power levels of today. I doubt a good condition standard engine would take the 400-450 for long just like the 2.5 of today. Fact is no manufacture build with modification in mind. If a standard 2.5 sti is 280 bhp but will go to 370bhp before you start risking piston problem they cant be that bad. Yes as a 2.5 owner i wish subaru had not penny pinched and forged it from standard but thats the world we live in. Everything is over engineered in the beginning then gets "refined"
My whole point (bee in my bonnet) is how there labled as crap because of a couple of issues that are rare in standard form or upto nearly 100 bhp extra tune.
Maybe im being unfair in thinking the classic problems are never spoken of. Maybe they were 10 years ago and now most are re-built so dont have them any more?.
Old 08 February 2012, 08:45 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paulo P
Is that version 3 an STI v-limited then? I've seen a few advertised as 555's but I wasn't sure.
Yep I'd guess it's a V-limited buddy. Deffo not a RA.
You'd only need to check the code, I'd bet it's GC8D4ED
Old 08 February 2012, 10:14 PM
R1CH D
Scooby Regular

I checked reg on one of them and it came back as a different manufacturer all together.
Old 09 February 2012, 01:11 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Yep I'd guess it's a V-limited buddy. Deffo not a RA.
You'd only need to check the code, I'd bet it's GC8D4ED
That's what I figured, it's clearly no RA but I missed that in the advert because you posted mobile links
Old 09 February 2012, 04:46 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I like your posts too mate and believe it or not i like this site. Im not saying the 2 litre is not a stronger engine in many ways but there not without fault (what car is). My point is the 2.5 being made out to be overly weak. Many of the old classics as you rightly say have been re-built now and quite often forged for the power levels of today. I doubt a good condition standard engine would take the 400-450 for long just like the 2.5 of today. Fact is no manufacture build with modification in mind. If a standard 2.5 sti is 280 bhp but will go to 370bhp before you start risking piston problem they cant be that bad. Yes as a 2.5 owner i wish subaru had not penny pinched and forged it from standard but thats the world we live in. Everything is over engineered in the beginning then gets "refined"
My whole point (bee in my bonnet) is how there labled as crap because of a couple of issues that are rare in standard form or upto nearly 100 bhp extra tune.
Maybe im being unfair in thinking the classic problems are never spoken of. Maybe they were 10 years ago and now most are re-built so dont have them any more?.
Lol, i think you have a bee in your pants as well.

Do a search on classic engine mapping and you will discover that in the beginning it had all the same issues as the hawk and hatch.

I have both newage and classic jdm, and it always makes me laugh how they get lumped together and compared, but they are totally different cars, it's like comparing the mini of the 70's with the latest offering from bmw.

As long as your happy with your dodgy 2.5, i wouldn't worry what anyone else thinks.
FYI mine are both 2.0L

Last edited by ditchmyster; 09 February 2012 at 04:48 PM.
Old 09 February 2012, 04:48 PM
chopperman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
Lol, i think you have a bee in your pants as well.

Do a search on classic engine mapping and you will discover that in the beginning it had all the same issues as the hawk and hatch.

I have both newage and classic jdm, and it always makes me laugh how they get lumped together and compared, but they are totally different cars, it's like comparing the mini of the 70's with the latest offering from bmw.

As long as your happy with your dodgy 2.5, i wouldn't worry what anyone else thinks.