Sponsored by:

Hallmarks In Thatcham.....

Search this Thread

Old 08 April 2001, 07:06 PM
47 NAT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Has anyone had any dealings with them at all? I'm just curious as to what there like with their imported Scoobs and Skylines!

Eg: pricing, etc,etc....

Nath
Old 08 April 2001, 08:23 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

I have had dealings with them in the past (about 8 years ago when I was looking for a Calibra) they had a nice red one in, 8valve sadly, but took it out anyway.

Looked at the service book, ALL stamped up by Hallmarks, being a Mitsibushi garage at the time it seemed strange?????? the stamps in the book were the same colour and the pen used was the same - read into that what you will?

There is no real need to pay the inflated prices you see at Hallmarks now you know? there are stacks of bargain UK cars, with history, out there just waiting for you - go get a 'proper' one!

Thats all

Pete
Old 08 April 2001, 09:24 PM
spider
Scooby Regular

Nath,

Never bought from Hallmarks, but when I stopped for a look last week they had two R reg Scooby's on the forecourt that I think have been there for some time. One black 4 door STi and a blue RA V-limited (I think). Both priced at just under 18,000.

As a comparison, look at this link:
Old 08 April 2001, 09:49 PM
bigmac
Scooby Regular

purchased an sti v 4 from them about two years ago. Guy I dealt with was called John Parker. Nice enough chap. Looking back on the deal a few points can be made...
=> negotiate the best deal you can upfront (ie price, mats, extended warrenty, 1st service free, full tank of petrol, tyres, whatever else you think you can get away with!). I asked for some things later on and they would not budge an inch.
=> the car came from Japan with low rated tyres, Hallmarks did put some brand new ones on but they where a brand I've never heard of. Recommend you offer to top up the cost and get the tyres you want from the outse. This avoids you ending up with some Kelly remoulds on your pride and joy!
=> They promised a number of things after I picked up the car (manual in English) for example - never received this.

They do seem to have very high prices, so I expect you could knock them down quite a bit.

regards, Mark.
Old 09 April 2001, 12:19 PM
47 NAT
Scooby Regular

Thanxs for the replies guys, it would seem that there prices are a tad in-flated though. I was under the impression that the STi imports were slightly quicker than the UK cars? But i guess you possibly pay more for the insurance as well.....

Nath