Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much for a 1999 T EVO Vi 6000 mls?

Search this Thread

Old 06 April 2001, 10:25 PM
JasonHook
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know that there are a few EVO Vi owners that contribute here I'm hoping they can help.

I'm hoping to test drive an Evo Vi over the weekend. It's a japanese import rather than a sanctioned Mitsubishi UK car being sold at a main dealer (not Mitsubishi).

Its Black with Blue/Black interior.
They want £23000 for it but I have no idea what its worth.
Looks to be in very good condition.
I've not thought about insewerance or servicing yet.

Any observations I'd be grateful
Thanks
Jason
Old 07 April 2001, 12:26 AM
DR Motorsport
BANNED

Jason,

£23k for a '99 (T - reg) is a bit much. We are selling a (W-reg) GSR for a customer at that price. The car has 12,000 miles, and £4k worth of extras. If you fancy a look
Old 07 April 2001, 03:44 AM
Blow Dog
Scooby Regular

I would strongly suggest that you get an estimate for a brand new Evo VI from a dealer, see how much discount he will give.

Cem
Old 07 April 2001, 09:57 AM
JasonHook
Scooby Regular

Thank you Sir I will...

Jason

p.s. Cem can you suggest anyone in particular?

[This message has been edited by JasonHook (edited 07 April 2001).]
Old 07 April 2001, 10:53 AM
GCollier
Scooby Regular

Jason,

Cem's right - go try a few dealers. I got my brand new GSR in January for 30K from a Mitsubishi dealer, including a generous trade-in allowance for my old car. At the time Ralliart would give £1500 discount on a new GSR. This may well have improved now, as they attempt to shift the remaining cars before the VII officially arrives. The only downside is that the choice of colours may be limited. I got one of the last 10 or so silver ones, and couldn't get icecelle blue which was my first choice.

Now for the car you mention in your post, you don't mention mileage or mods, but on the face of it, I think it sounds on the expensive side. As a grey import, if originally bought new in the UK, it would probably have cost £27K-ish.

If the price differential isn't huge, I would suggest going for a UK car. First of all, the insurance can be a lot cheaper. I go with Bell Direct, and it costs about £750pa, for me - 30year old, full NCB, lowish risk area. You also get a 3 year 100,000 mile warranty which (I feel) your Mitsubishi dealer is less likely to try to wriggle out of a claim than some other 3rd party warranty companies. It's worth pointing out that this doesn't cover clutch or brake discs, and is made void by even minor mods. I also believe that when you come to sell, the UK car may make it that bit easier.

You mention servicing. This needs to be done every 4500 miles or 6 months. Ralliart/Mitsubishi will service all cars, irrespective of origin, so no worries there. I've only had my 1000 mile service so far (£90), but I did check out the price of the others, and they weren't particularly expensive. I THINK, but can't remember for sure that they were mostly £200 plus/minus £50, with a big one to do the cambelt at 45,000 costing £450ish.

The only downside I've found with the car after living with one for a bit, is the combination of tiny (50 litre) fuel tank and thirst for fuel (not measuring it, but think around 20mpg) mean a pretty poor touring range. Anyway, enjoy your drive - as I'm sure you will - the Evo, like the impreza I owned previously are the only two cars I've test driven where you finish the test drive knowing you MUST HAVE them

Regards,

Gary.
Old 07 April 2001, 05:38 PM
Blow Dog
Scooby Regular

Jason, drop me an email.

Cem
Old 07 April 2001, 08:45 PM
JasonHook
Scooby Regular

Thanks chaps, I've made an appointment to drive the car to-morrow. At least that why I'll see if the EVO is for me or not.
I'll post something here and let you know how I get on.
Thanks again
Jason

Trending Topics

Old 08 April 2001, 11:58 AM
JasonHook
Scooby Regular

Ok So I drove the EVO for about 20 minutes or so this morning in fine weather along A roads and residential streets.

Apparently the original owner paid about £30000 for the car with an *6**EVO number plate. It has an alarm but not sure about undersealing. Definitely a japanese import and not an official uk car. Not sure about servicing either.

My immediate impressions were not as positive as I had hoped. The steering, though precise, felt a little heavy and dull.
As I got more used to the car I stopped worrying about that.

The ride is quite firm which is great for hacking around over relatively short distances but I think would be tiring over longer distances.

Gear selection is nice and precise.

Brakes fantastic compared to the Impreza. Brembos at both ends lots of feel. Superb!

The power was always available with the less lag than my MY99 but not so much extra power that I felt in awe of it.

The recaro seats were just a bit more comfortable than mine but not light years ahead.

I expected to be blown away by the EVO, I was very impressed but didn't get that 'I'd sell a kidney for this car' feeling.
It's a drivers car but for me doesn't strike the right balance between fun toy and practical car. If I had the car for longer I might think differently.

With the used impreza market apparently being quite tough at the moment I would have to seriously impressed to change.
Checking around the bbs I get the impression my V reg 25000 mile car might be worth 14 - 14.5k. If I could knock the dealer down 1 - 2k I'd still have to find 9k. I didn't feel that the car I drove was worth that extra money.

What I think I will do is start to put money aside for the imprezas replacement and when the time comes (6-12 months) I will definitely revisit the EVO.

Thanks for the advice so far.
Jason
Old 08 April 2001, 11:24 PM
Liam
Scooby Regular

I agree that £23k is too high. I just sold mine on a T with 30,500 miles on the clock for £16,200. Oh and yes it was an import. All I paid for it new was £23,000!!!

Liam
Old 09 April 2001, 12:13 PM
tonybooth
Scooby Regular

Jason

M8 of mine bought an EVO VI out of Auto Trader for £19,000. That was for a W reg with 4K miles. He has had it 6 months now. Only thing is, it's white!

TONY