Sponsored by:

whats my best option

Search this Thread

Old 28 January 2012, 11:56 AM
dean_1991
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats my best option

hiya again, thanks for all your comments/advice on my previous threads.. that im noting down for the first time owning and a rebuild on a subaru...

i would like just bit more advice on the way i should go.. ive got hold of a ej20 engine/s reg think 98/99 that im stripping for the block.

my car is a Nreg/1995 with bottom end gone

i have few Q that would help me alot...

since owning and learning slowly bout subaru i now that the classic are very common for bottom end going. oil pump valve sticking..
im thinking of buying a modified oil pump seen on ebay for around 150.
is this a good option as i dont want to take engine back out...?

also when i take the heads of this Sreg engine for the block how can i identify the pistons/rings are in good working order/good block?

will i have any problems changing my block i.e wiring/ecu ect or will it all be same just change block job done..?

im also thinking of uprated fuel pump and turbo.. whats a good one to go for my engine will be pretty much standerd...

so far i know my car has got a straight through pipe
not sure on turbo but looks rusty but works.
forged dump valve.
apelxi induction kit.
light weight pulley.
z4 standerd ecu.

im not sure what else has been done im finding more things while i go along but when bought he said its running bout 300bph

my engine has a standerd inlet does it make any diffrence fitting a red sti inlet? as i have one of this S/reg engine ??

last Q... my car is an import and ive read that subaru's are retricted to 112mph or something. dont know lot bout this but can it be took off ?

many thanks please anser as many as you can, the more advice the more help
Old 28 January 2012, 01:19 PM
stedee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the inlets off newer versions wont fit your heads afaik, if you just use the block you should be ok with wiring etc.

big ends going can be a number of things no-one really knows but afaik its det that causes it by squashing the big end bearings.

i`m gguessing that your mods are probably the cause of the det, so if you rebuild really you want to get an aftermarket ecu and get it mapped , certain aftermarket ecus will take off the speedlimit i know the apexi pfc does
Old 28 January 2012, 01:46 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Received 447 Likes on 371 Posts

Remap mate saw this in another thread when a guy just put in a different ecu thinking it would handle the mods and the engne went bang.

When you change the engine you will need a base map and then a proper map after the engine has been run in.

I know that probably doesn't answer your question but it is something that you need to think about.