Sponsored by:

what would you do,,,,,,,,,,

Search this Thread

Old 10 January 2012, 08:10 PM
addi monster
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what would you do,,,,,,,,,,

It has recently been brought to my attention that a "person" which is trusted with the job of handling money from a group(club) has been pocketing the money, they have kept no accounts for the money and people seem to not want to believe it for some reason,.

I know its a bit brief and sounds strange but whats your thoughts and what would your actions be,.
Old 10 January 2012, 08:12 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Blatantly illegal and downright dishonest........Plod.

IMHO

Shaun
Old 10 January 2012, 08:14 PM
Scooby1975
Scooby Regular

I would report to the police.
Old 10 January 2012, 08:16 PM
SHUGSTERC
Scooby Regular

we had a girl..mates burd..handle the cash at the boatin club i used to go to..she stole about 1000 the captain just foned the feds she admitted it and went to court was fined and ordered to pay it back..tho if no accounts then whats thhe amount to be paid?..she can say never took it or only took 20 quid..in our case she kept accounts and was sayin she always planned to pay it back but it got out of hand
Old 10 January 2012, 08:20 PM
addi monster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SHUGSTERC
we had a girl..mates burd..handle the cash at the boatin club i used to go to..she stole about 1000 the captain just foned the feds she admitted it and went to court was fined and ordered to pay it back..tho if no accounts then whats thhe amount to be paid?..she can say never took it or only took 20 quid..in our case she kept accounts and was sayin she always planned to pay it back but it got out of hand
I do think the income could definatly be proven , that said it would then be up to the trustee to prove outgoing`s would it not?
Old 10 January 2012, 08:31 PM
nizmo80
Scooby Regular

Hi Addi

I would try and dig a bit deeper mate I know it wont be easy pal trying to find out if there is no records been kept.

In the area where I have grown up there was a counciler for the area and he was a trustable guy and was very good with the community everybody knew and liked him.
But then one day I opened the newspaper and he was all over it he had been caught
Embezzling £10000.
I couldn't believe what I was reading this was the man that used to sign my passports
It showed me that even the most trustable people can be capable of doing something like that.

I wouldn't make any accusations untill you get more info and a little bit of proof.
But if this person is doing it then deffinetly get the police involved.

I hope this helped mate :-)
Old 11 January 2012, 02:20 AM
stedee
Scooby Regular

Is it worth the grief. I know what you are saying but I just wouldn't give them anymore, all depends how much money is involved.
Old 11 January 2012, 03:02 AM
albob
Scooby Regular

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

bit difficult - unless you can prove it.
What you should do, is call a meeting of the comittee, saying something along the lines of " from april 6 2012 all small clubs, like ours, have to submit full accounts to the government - pesky Tory regulations, but HEY, what can you do" - and then ask 'treasurer' to give info on what monies he has etc....................
Old 11 January 2012, 07:30 PM
Marx Mcrae
Scooby Regular

Would this be a certain subaru club??
Old 11 January 2012, 07:56 PM
chopperman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by addi monster
It has recently been brought to my attention that a "person" which is trusted with the job of handling money from a group(club) has been pocketing the money, they have kept no accounts for the money and people seem to not want to believe it for some reason,.

I know its a bit brief and sounds strange but whats your thoughts and what would your actions be,.
I've come across this before in a bike club. Nothing could be proved in a way a prosecution would need. Member's booted him out and learned the lesson.