Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Litchfield Forester STi mod ideas???

Search this Thread

Old 09 January 2012, 09:55 PM
bigpowerforestersti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Litchfield Forester STi mod ideas???

Originally planned on tuning to 600BHP beast and being the first big power forester STi (that I know of in UK anyway) but I cant justify putting pretty much every penny I get from the sale of my AMS GT35r Evo 9 fq340 soley into the engine of the forester with quotes being about 12k plus VAT!!!

Just wanted to get some ideas and opinions from members!

Spec atm is 2006 Forester STi, AST top mount adjustables, Whiteline. Milltek, Re-map. 330/330

I want to achieve substantial power gains and also make exterior mods, nothing tacky or chavvy mind!

In regards to exterior mods im already thinking rotas and a carbon splitter (if I can get one) other than that I need help as there seems to be newt available and nobody else to steal ideas from!

Engine wise gimme your ideas!

Cheers!
Old 09 January 2012, 10:13 PM
Tommy2396
Scooby Regular

Cool

Cool mate go for it loved my forester xt shame it wasnt an sti. No doubt your a member of the australian forester forum. Great site for ideas
Old 09 January 2012, 10:17 PM
bigpowerforestersti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tommy2396
Cool mate go for it loved my forester xt shame it wasnt an sti. No doubt your a member of the australian forester forum. Great site for ideas
Is that the subaruforester.org one? Not really found much on there for the STi seems to be alot for the other models though!
Old 09 January 2012, 10:25 PM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's crazy you will lose all your money if you do that, the forester STI is already a niche market!!! Get yourself an STI or sell both and get a spec c
Old 09 January 2012, 10:32 PM
bigpowerforestersti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by juggers
That's crazy you will lose all your money if you do that, the forester STI is already a niche market!!! Get yourself an STI or sell both and get a spec c
I dont want a spec c! need the bootspace... plus I love the forester! my dogs like to be comfortable in the back before they get bounced off the inside of the bootlid haha! As I said I'm not going to do that, you're right it's too much so looking for other ideas. I know 450ish is achievable much cheaper and easier...
Old 09 January 2012, 10:39 PM
Tommy2396
Scooby Regular

Yeah mate granted its mainly "how to get your standard forester to an sti" but there is some other good info.

No doubt as Juggers said its could be a money pit but most big modifications aren't exactly a good spend for the future.

But the forester is friggin awesome

Miss my black tank still!
Old 09 January 2012, 10:41 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 746 Likes on 619 Posts

Originally Posted by bigpowerforestersti
Is that the subaruforester.org one? Not really found much on there for the STi seems to be alot for the other models though!
That's because the US can't get hold of the FSTi (although they do come up with FSTi look alikes thanks to Japanparts). If you checked out the Europe Forum there is an ever increasing number of UK owners posting there.

Engine in the FSTi is an EJ255 and is similar to the early Newage imprezas with UK owners more than happy with about 360 BHP/400Lbft
Old 09 January 2012, 10:46 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is suggested part list:
2.1 stroker(2.35L),FMIC,Twin Plate clutch,Rotated/twisted turbo setup,aftermarket ECU(Syvecs S6pnp) and other parts

Really i would contact here MartynJ or AlanJ@EngineTuner,Scoobyclinic,Lateral performance and other companies which have experience with building high powered engines

Jura
Old 09 January 2012, 10:54 PM
bigpowerforestersti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Don Clark
That's because the US can't get hold of the FSTi (although they do come up with FSTi look alikes thanks to Japanparts). If you checked out the Europe Forum there is an ever increasing number of UK owners posting there.

Engine in the FSTi is an EJ255 and is similar to the early Newage imprezas with UK owners more than happy with about 360 BHP/400Lbft
Yeah think thats the forum I go on actaully... engine wise its easier for ideas because its the same as the impreza.. The exterior is where the ideas dont come! maybe I will have to go custom with some ideas!
Old 09 January 2012, 10:57 PM
bigpowerforestersti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jura11
Here is suggested part list:
2.1 stroker(2.35L),FMIC,Twin Plate clutch,Rotated/twisted turbo setup,aftermarket ECU(Syvecs S6pnp) and other parts

Really i would contact here MartynJ or AlanJ@EngineTuner,Scoobyclinic,Lateral performance and other companies which have experience with building high powered engines

Jura
Cheers for the ideas mate, defo wont be going twin plate though I want it to be driveable! haha. ACT clutches are supposed to be real good... cheap to replace aswell at about 500 a pop.
Old 09 January 2012, 10:59 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cheers for the ideas mate, defo wont be going twin plate though I want it to be driveable! haha. ACT clutches are supposed to be real good... cheap to replace aswell at about 500 a pop.
Its driveable there,just first time you can stall engine few times,like we are,but really nice clutch to drive

Agreed with ACT clutches,they're good

Jura
Old 09 January 2012, 11:05 PM
bigpowerforestersti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jura11
Its driveable there,just first time you can stall engine few times,like we are,but really nice clutch to drive

Agreed with ACT clutches,they're good

Jura
well I got an exedy triple plate on my evo and I absolutely hate it! lol
Old 09 January 2012, 11:06 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Try www.japanparts.com

I had a Litcho FSTi. Loved the fast farmer truck and really enjoyed the looks of the Germans on the Motorway. To quote Cpl Jones " They don't like it up them!!!!" subtle but still stealthy.

You can start with the Intercooler, it's still smaller than the Impreza STi core. Get a DCCD kit fitted and it'll bring the handling standards up.

Last edited by The Trooper 1815; 09 January 2012 at 11:12 PM.
Old 09 January 2012, 11:06 PM
bigpowerforestersti
Scooby Regular

well I got an exedy triple plate on my evo and I absolutely hate it! lol
Complete bitch around town/traffic, which is not what I want for the forester it needs to be usable
Old 09 January 2012, 11:12 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

The exterior is where the ideas dont come! maybe I will have to go custom with some ideas!
Not sure what you actually want to do to the exterior, as styling for the facelift FSTi will be the same for any Facelift SG Forester and there's plenty of modded ones on the Subaruforester forums???
Most things like splitters come from Japan or the US as there isn't the market here.

Have a word with Mark at HT Auto's, maybe he can come up with some suggestions for you.

This is probably the most modded FSTi...........
http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulle...stralia-58144/
Old 09 January 2012, 11:16 PM
bigpowerforestersti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Don Clark
Not sure what you actually want to do to the exterior, as styling for the facelift FSTi will be the same for any Facelift SG Forester and there's plenty of modded ones on the Subaruforester forums???
Most things like splitters come from Japan or the US as there isn't the market here.

Have a word with Mark at HT Auto's, maybe he can come up with some suggestions for you.

This is probably the most modded FSTi...........
http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulle...stralia-58144/

Ok cheers mate I might give him a try.

Seen that forester before, looks nice. Love the aero kit! Nigh on impossible to get hold of one though! someone took theres off and sold it quite a while ago was just before I bought my forester thou damnit!
Old 09 January 2012, 11:41 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Ok cheers mate I might give him a try.

Seen that forester before, looks nice. Love the aero kit! Nigh on impossible to get hold of one though! someone took theres off and sold it quite a while ago was just before I bought my forester thou damnit!
Maybe give you some ideas..........
http://www.sti.jp/parts/catalogue/sg...er/index2.html

http://www.japanparts.com/db/partsli...maker=&VOLKEY=
Old 10 January 2012, 09:11 AM
bigpowerforestersti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815
Try www.japanparts.com

I had a Litcho FSTi. Loved the fast farmer truck and really enjoyed the looks of the Germans on the Motorway. To quote Cpl Jones " They don't like it up them!!!!" subtle but still stealthy.

You can start with the Intercooler, it's still smaller than the Impreza STi core. Get a DCCD kit fitted and it'll bring the handling standards up.
so with the Forester STi having the same chassis as the impreza does that mean its a relatively easy fit for dccd? what Do you think the advantages are of having it?

cheers
Old 10 January 2012, 09:49 AM
legacy_gtb
Scooby Regular

My £0.02.

Isnt the block an ej257? If so, keep the standard rods and crank but forge the pistons. Decent studs and head gaskets should then see you to a safe 440/400 with the right turbo (something like an sc46 or md321) without breaking the bank. Youve already got a 6 speed so just the clutch to take the extra torque (act's a good call).

740 injectors, reg, pump.

Are you sticking with top mount or going front mount?

Love fsti's ..... Do it! :-)
Old 10 January 2012, 10:11 AM
bigpowerforestersti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by legacy_gtb
My £0.02.

Isnt the block an ej257? If so, keep the standard rods and crank but forge the pistons. Decent studs and head gaskets should then see you to a safe 440/400 with the right turbo (something like an sc46 or md321) without breaking the bank. Youve already got a 6 speed so just the clutch to take the extra torque (act's a good call).

Nah it's the ej255 same as the impreza. Only difference is the gear ratios are slightly different I believe....
Old 10 January 2012, 10:12 AM
bigpowerforestersti
Scooby Regular

My £0.02.

And it has the AVCS I think
Old 10 January 2012, 10:40 AM
LegacySTi
Scooby Regular

Its a ej255. Has avcs. Similer cams to uk hawk sti. Top is also WRX not sti.

Gear ratios same as uk hawk sti.
Old 10 January 2012, 10:46 AM
legacy_gtb
Scooby Regular

Nah it's the ej255 same as the impreza. Only difference is the gear ratios are slightly different I believe....
So its the open deck block not semi closed???? is that right????

i just assumed that it was basically the sti drivetrain and brakes as it has the 6 speed, R180 and brembos .... obviously not then.

Yes, i know the gear ratios are the much taller hawkeye ratios ..... would love that box for my leggy!
Old 10 January 2012, 10:49 AM
LegacySTi
Scooby Regular

Yes open deck
Old 10 January 2012, 12:08 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

so with the Forester STi having the same chassis as the impreza does that mean its a relatively easy fit for dccd? what Do you think the advantages are of having it?

cheers
The chassis is a Newage Impreza, so bit swaps will be easy. I had Pink STi springs and dampers fitted and they where awesome. I found the Milltek exhaust tarnished very quickly, mine was a 330/330 Litcho supplied model.

The DCCD should be do-able, a company in the US does the controllers quite cheap. The external mod's can be had from JapanParts but I think the look is imposing enough in your rear view mirror. Apart from some Aero Parts or Mudflaps I would leave it.

As I said earlier the Intercooler is standard WRX fitment with STi painted on. Go bigger straight away and possibly think about an MD Turbo upgrade. The block is good for some big horses anyway. I think it's an EJ 257 but will have to check.
Old 10 January 2012, 12:34 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

I think it's an EJ 257 but will have to check.
Just need to check a few posts earlier Its an EJ255
Old 10 January 2012, 12:35 PM
legacy_gtb
Scooby Regular

I was under the impression it was an ej257 aswell!

Litchfields site seems to suggest it is too!

http://www.litchfieldimports.co.uk/s...06forester.asp

Would make sense that it was just the current years impreza sti drivetrain transplant! If so, my statement stands and the block, crank and rods are up to some decent power, but the pistons are the weak link.
Old 10 January 2012, 12:46 PM
bigpowerforestersti
Scooby Regular

I was under the impression it was an ej257 aswell!

Litchfields site seems to suggest it is too!

http://www.litchfieldimports.co.uk/s...06forester.asp

Would make sense that it was just the current years impreza sti drivetrain transplant! If so, my statement stands and the block, crank and rods are up to some decent power, but the pistons are the weak link.
I dont see where litchfields suggest it is an ej257...???
Old 10 January 2012, 12:54 PM
bigpowerforestersti
Scooby Regular

The chassis is a Newage Impreza, so bit swaps will be easy. I had Pink STi springs and dampers fitted and they where awesome. I found the Milltek exhaust tarnished very quickly, mine was a 330/330 Litcho supplied model.

The DCCD should be do-able, a company in the US does the controllers quite cheap. The external mod's can be had from JapanParts but I think the look is imposing enough in your rear view mirror. Apart from some Aero Parts or Mudflaps I would leave it.

As I said earlier the Intercooler is standard WRX fitment with STi painted on. Go bigger straight away and possibly think about an MD Turbo upgrade. The block is good for some big horses anyway. I think it's an EJ 257 but will have to check.
In regards to the exterior I don't want to go mad, as you say the aero stuff is something I'm looking at, carbon splitter if I can get one. And also some rota/rays type wheels I reckon. What you think to a carbon bonnet?

Guess I need to determine the block 100% before deciding on engine mods with all this debating going on!!!
Old 10 January 2012, 02:00 PM
legacy_gtb
Scooby Regular

"Featuring Subaru's superb 2.5 STI engine"

Second paragraph .... the 2006 sti had an ej257.