Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Pistonheads V ebay- car selling ??

Search this Thread

Old 08 January 2012, 07:23 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pistonheads V ebay- car selling ??

Guys appreciatte very little is selling scooby wise just now and not had one enquiry regards my 2005 blob, just wondering now if to try ebay or pistonheads, do they normally generate much interest ??
Old 08 January 2012, 07:26 PM
huzzy1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Didn't have any interest on my WR1 in the 30 days it was on eBay. Dropped the price £1500 and it sold for the asking price the same day I relisted it.

They are selling, just people know they can pick bargains up so can be finicky on what they buy.
Old 08 January 2012, 07:30 PM
AWG
Scooby Regular

From what I've seen lately Ebay is getting a bit of a bad rep for time wasters. Pistonheads would be my choice.
Old 08 January 2012, 07:48 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Okay cheers yep funny enough bought this car via pistonheads, what normally happens with ebay thou do folk bid without actually seeing the car and then change there mind after viewing ? - not that would be the case with mine off course !!
Old 08 January 2012, 08:26 PM
Pedroturbo
Scooby Regular

if you want to be offered swaps and P/x for every bag of **** under the sun then defo pistonheads.
Old 08 January 2012, 08:42 PM
craigfturbo2000
Scooby Regular

Its a dry time for sellin, i want peanuts for mine cos i need the room...
Old 08 January 2012, 09:10 PM
L.J.F
Instructing with fear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am getting plenty of interest on both sites tbh as my car is keenly priced and has a decent spec. If i am brutally honest mate you are asking a premium for your Wrx and for a extra 1-2k you can pickup a decent spec Sti. I appriciate that your car is low miles and in mint condition but you have to understand that in this current climate the car will only appeal to a small pool of people looking to get a performance car and that you will have to make your car more appealing than a blobeye Sti that is top of the range compared to a Wrx. You need to either be patient and bide your time as there will be someone out there who wants a mint Wrx, or price it low to sell as the days of asking top dollar are well and truly gone
Old 08 January 2012, 09:11 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Don't worry if Pistonheads put their new search back up you won't get any calls from timewasters ... or anyone else for that matter
Old 08 January 2012, 09:33 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by L.J.F
I am getting plenty of interest on both sites tbh as my car is keenly priced and has a decent spec. If i am brutally honest mate you are asking a premium for your Wrx and for a extra 1-2k you can pickup a decent spec Sti. I appriciate that your car is low miles and in mint condition but you have to understand that in this current climate the car will only appeal to a small pool of people looking to get a performance car and that you will have to make your car more appealing than a blobeye Sti that is top of the range compared to a Wrx. You need to either be patient and bide your time as there will be someone out there who wants a mint Wrx, or price it low to sell as the days of asking top dollar are well and truly gone
Okay cheers guys appreciatte the advice. L.J.F no probs mate no appreciatte your advice also and would rather here the truth even if as a fellow seller its not what we really want to here !!

yep a premium price £6k for a 2005 wrx but in my view £500-£1000 extra spent on the buying off a car which has a very low mileage, a genuine full service history and many choice mods with every receipt spent on the car since day one is money well spent and worth a lot more in the long run than buying a cheaper car with a much higher mileage, patchy service history and maybe not so many goodies fitted to it, but again no probs appreciatte your input and just have to hope that the right genuine buyer comes along as again can honestly say the first genuine viewer will but it .
Old 08 January 2012, 10:06 PM
AWG
Scooby Regular

People buying on here?
Old 08 January 2012, 10:15 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AWG_STi
People buying on here?
Take it you meant " people not buying on here " ??

if so then have to say I personally think the vast majority off members already have a scooby by the time they become s/net members so its really only the ones who are possibly going from classic to bug or blob etc that you are appealing to, so really narrowing down the market.