Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

On Road Handling predicatability/progressivness Sti vs Evo VII

Search this Thread

Old 29 April 2002, 10:46 PM
jeremy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It has now been I think enough time for owners to be able to compare the more subtle aspects of the on-limit on-road real world dynamics of the Sti and Evo 7.

Can anyone who fancies themselves a good driver and describer of these ideas come forward?

Ala Evo mag, as they explained in their big 4WD test of 99', which car posses's predicability, progresivness on-limit and enough communication with the driver that one will feel more confident to press on- knowing that if trouble ensues good information will be sent to the drivers senses and allow for proper re-direction of the car.

Anyone driven challenging roads in a convoy of these?

By the way, yes I and I am sure everyone else knows the general merits of these two-e.g. Evo has less roll, quicker reactions, more grip etc. Indeed I am not trying to fire up an old debate but rather create some fresh ideas.
Old 29 April 2002, 10:51 PM
JGRIFF
Scooby Regular

Question

Jeremy, sorry to be a pain in the arris, but doing something as simple as changing the tyres can make a huge difference to the abilities of any car. Any comparison will be very subjective, and specific to the actual vehicles driven
Old 30 April 2002, 07:07 AM
jeremy
Scooby Regular

Griff,

I couldn't agree with you more. So still my question remains- cannot some start such a comparison and simply list their equipment used on said drive? In fact this would make the forum quite a bit more exciting to tune in to.

It is a bit surprising to me that at least some have not compared these two cars in more depth?