some prezzies for the car

Search this Thread

Old 13 December 2011, 08:23 PM
kad 16v
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default some prezzies for the car

Thought it was about time i treated the car to some goodies,

So fitted today some piaa horns and some piaa wipers but most important went to see my good mate dave at KAD (Kent Auto Developments)

Now i am a great beliver in all things KAD from owning one of their twin cam classic minis all the way through to the more random of projects they do.

The time has come for me to invest in some decent brakes, ive been running KAD 6 pots on my mini for years and they are great twinned with a decent pad and disc combo

so i have gone for a set of the big brakes for the type 20, they wont be ready for a few weeks but thats what happens when your getting a "deal" you cant refuse, about time to as the brembos are really not great at all as we found out when i took dave out on the test track for his first trip in the car "out of the quick s bends and along a straight into a med left, thats the point where the brakes were not ........... there at all lol)

so at a deal i cant say no to and i will probably make most my money back in selling the brembo's on i will end up with something like this (oh and a set of powdercoated rear brembos to match)

Old 14 December 2011, 12:41 AM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Very nice
Old 14 December 2011, 12:04 PM
zayd
Scooby Regular

That whole wheel setup looks amazing, all except for the budget 'Kumho" tyres. Forgive my ignorance, but why are you using lower quality tyres on such an enriched car.
Old 14 December 2011, 12:51 PM
kad 16v
Scooby Regular

Good question zayd,

The photo is just a stock photo i found to show you all the brake setup, i will not be running the same choice in tyre.

because i am getting a good deal on these i wont have them till after xmas, i dont mind the wait as the discount i got makes up for that
Old 06 May 2012, 07:44 PM
kad 16v
Scooby Regular

The wait is finally over, now mates rates was the big contender in how long they took to get to me but also the fact that KAD have not made any kits for a impreza with the bigger PCD so to the drawing board they went after originally giving me a set of 5x100 bells lol (they didnt know the PCD had changed) but nothing a trip to KAD HQ couldnt fix.

So with a bit more of a wait for new bells and some mods to the original mounting block pattern i finally had the brakes. I had not been able to get down to kent until friday gone so i collected them and made the return journey to the midlands to collect wheels with new rubber and get it all fitted,

so it has gone from these over rated chunks of metal.

To these (already better and cant even use to full potential yet as bedding them in)

There we go, dug and old thread up yes but it shows the finished article for anyone searching on the forum etc
Old 06 May 2012, 08:26 PM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.

Originally Posted by kad 16v
The wait is finally over, now mates rates was the big contender in how long they took to get to me but also the fact that KAD have not made any kits for a impreza with the bigger PCD so to the drawing board they went after originally giving me a set of 5x100 bells lol (they didnt know the PCD had changed) but nothing a trip to KAD HQ couldnt fix.

So with a bit more of a wait for new bells and some mods to the original mounting block pattern i finally had the brakes. I had not been able to get down to kent until friday gone so i collected them and made the return journey to the midlands to collect wheels with new rubber and get it all fitted,

so it has gone from these over rated chunks of metal.

To these (already better and cant even use to full potential yet as bedding them in)

There we go, dug and old thread up yes but it shows the finished article for anyone searching on the forum etc
Looking very nice!! Where you not tempted to go for a bling colour to show off those bad boys.I am a fan of subtleness but I think I may have gone down the 'If you've got it ,flaunt it ' route.
Old 06 May 2012, 08:37 PM
kad 16v
Scooby Regular

I was originally going to go for the blue as per the first picture at the top of the thread but the day before they were getting sent away for anodising i got cold feet and quickly phoned them to change to black lol, i thought it would be to much blue, was going to go for black wheel nuts but that would of ment changing my lockers the lot where as a mate of mine had a brand new set of silver wheel nuts going spare si ive gone non bling on the wheel nuts an all.

All that remains it to remove rear brembos and either powder coat or spray (got some nice spray that KAD gave me which is bang on the same colour and effect the fronts are)

Im saving that for another day as im not looking forward to trying to get the bolts out of them. Every thread was stripped on the front calipers due to steel bolts in alloy calipers, lucky for me the hubs are not threaded as that would have buggered getting these on.
Old 06 May 2012, 09:10 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow they're looking amazing

Jura
Old 06 May 2012, 09:46 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Looking good Ed.