Very bad service from Subaru Assist

Search this Thread

Old 26 April 2002, 08:56 PM
Victoria
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I AM VERY ANNOYED!!!!!!

I left work at 4.30pm tonight to find my MY97 turbo wouldn't start. It was quite obvious what was wrong, the ignition was fine but there was no obvious fuel pump noise. I rang Subaru Assist at 5pm, told them the problem and that I was a lone female. They said they would have someone out in about an hour.

To be fair they did- a local contractor bloke turned up at 6pm. He spent about five minutes checking fuses etc and eventually decided- surprise surprise- it was the fuel pump and I would need towing.

He then phoned his boss, and came back with the conclusion that he couldn't do anything as his tow truck couldnt tow four wheel drives. He asked for another truck that could to come which would take 45 minutes, and then drove off leaving me on my own. By 7.30 it hadn't arrived so I rang Assist and they told me that the contractor had phoned them half and hour earlier and said that they couldn't do it straight away. They eventually turned up at 7.45pm- that's nearly 3 hours after I rang.

As it happened I was in a safe(ish) area, but they weren't to know that. If I had just rung the RAC, which I am also a member of, I would have been home in an hour, not more like three. And they wouldn't have drove off and left me alone on the roadside.

Also why would Subaru Assist send a truck which couldn't tow four wheel drive cars!!! They knew what I was driving, and if they had got their act together in the first place I would have been home a long time ago.
Victoria.
Old 26 April 2002, 09:08 PM
Boost II
Scooby Regular

Feel sorry for you and glad you are OK - but that is very funny All Subarus are 4WD and they send a truck that can't tow any of them!!! I am starting to wonder how he whole Subaru UK network came top of the JD Power all those years.

[Edited by Boost II - 4/26/2002 9:08:38 PM]
Old 26 April 2002, 09:11 PM
Victoria
Scooby Regular

Talking

Tell me about it! Glad you think it was funny, it is now I am at home with a glass of wine in my hand, but sitting there in the cold it was not I can assure you!
Old 26 April 2002, 09:17 PM
LoFi
Scooby Regular

Angry

My wife's A-class broke down - took Mercedes Assist 6 hous to send a flat bed - beat that.

Piers LoFi
Old 26 April 2002, 09:24 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Hi Victoria,
Sorry to hear this hun, I think you should put a flea into Subaru UK's ear on Monday, I think it is disgusting the way you have been treated, and I would ask Subaru for a explanation, glad you are ok and enjoy your wine.
Cheers
Colin
Old 26 April 2002, 09:25 PM
Yorkie
Scooby Regular

Glad you are home safe Victoria.

This doesn't inspire me with confidence. I thought the Subaru Assistance was as reliable as AA or RAC, and I have 3 years cover now with my MY02 Just hope I don't break down, couldn't wait 3 hours
Enjoy your wine

Yorkie
Old 26 April 2002, 09:31 PM
D Hill 555
Scooby Regular

Victoria. Think BOOST (Funny Remark)Is The Breakdown Truck
They Sent????
Old 26 April 2002, 09:47 PM
mega_stream
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

You wait till they wanna take your car away, offer you a courtesy car while yours is being repaired and expect you to spend an hour on the phone sorting out cover on your own insurance then!

My insurance company wanted £20 admin fee for changing the cover on my scoob, and said it wouldn't be covered while it was being repaired.

Old 26 April 2002, 10:00 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Cool

Sorry to here that, glad you are safe and sound. I would give Subaru assiast a good stiff letter/fax first thing Monday.

What you need is an old unreliable/heavily abused motor like my Sierra, you then get used to sitting around waiting for tow trucks. Must admit though every time I phone the AA for recovery they always ask if it is 4x4 (it is), and they always send someone pretty quickly. The longest I have ever waited is 2 hours, but that was in a traffic jam on the M1 during a Friday rush hour, so hardly their fault.
Old 26 April 2002, 10:07 PM
Victoria
Scooby Regular

Wink

It wasn't even being left on my own that was so annoying, it was the whole four wheel drive thing! Next time (hopefully there won't be one!) I will go straight to the RAC.

Thanks for the support, the wine is lovely, thanks.

V
Old 26 April 2002, 11:42 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

Smile

Wot a nightmare

They were good for me after my accident. I was picked up with car within half an hour with the car being lifted on a low loader. That was from Derby, but to be fair, we weren't that far from the recovery place.

You would have thought that they would only use low loaders given that all Subarus are AWD (aren't they?).

I'd complain and get something out of them. At least you are safe, but make sure you let them know that you might not have been.....

Best wishes

Steve
Old 29 April 2002, 05:59 PM
PNM_SCO
Scooby Regular

I have to offer some good words for Subaru Assist.

Home is Aberdeen in the frozen north. Was down in lowlands (Norfolk) with my trusty P1 and while giving it laldie a big end decided it didn't like that game anymore and quit...(only 22K done)

Called Subaru assist gave them the story. 10 Mins later call from local transport company asking details etc. He said they would have to get a transported as opposed to towing and would be an hour. When they arrived after 50 mins he asked what i wanted doing with it. I said take it to Scotland...

No problem and as it was Saturday evening he asked if I wanted it there the next day or would Monday do...

All credit to them it was delivered to the garage of my choice on the following evening.

Sorry you had such bad experiance Victoria, I guess even AA and RAC get it wrong sometimes

Paul