Yodel.co.uk

Search this Thread

Old 13 September 2011, 05:11 PM
Geordie_Aaron
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yodel.co.uk

So here's the story...grab a cuppa.

Purchase a couple items from here Monday 5th Sept, they were picked up Tuesday, dispatched to/from various dept up the country until it reaches Sunderland (6 miles from my house) and put onto a van for delivery Thursday 2pm.
I wait in all day Thursday....ring them at 5pm to be told they can deliver upto 7pm, so i wait......7:20 comes so i ring again to be told this time anytime upto 9...ffs i've already waited ALL day, gets to half 9 and i ring them "oh the driver must be running behind with deliverys....."NO **** SHERLOCK!!!" , anyway get told it was DEFINITLY be delivered on Friday before noon as it was still showing on the system as 'on the van'.

Friday: wait till 1pm...nothing, ring YET again to be told they can deliver upto 9pm.......FFS i'm unable to rebuild my engine without these items and NEED my car, AND it's a Friday - i like to have a few sociable ones on a Friday. so 9:30 comes again and YET again i have to ring the service line to be told "there's nothing i can do, he must be running late with deliverys" to which i reply "this guy has taken OVER 24 hours to do 6miles? where exactly is his 'patch'?!?!?!"
was passed to a supervisor whom had an attitude of a 4 year old. told me he would EMAIL (WTF is wrong with people speaking to people on the phone?) the depo and raise a complaint and would ring me Saturday Morning......

Saturday: 0830 i get a phonecall with the same guy and a completly different attitude - must have needed a kip lol...get told "its been delivered yesterday at 11:10am"......ok that's a lie.
"well sir i shall raise a complaint and do a driver interveiw" AAARGHHHHHHH FFS and what should i do in the mean time?!?!??!
told to ring back TUESDAY (exactly how long does it take to interview somebody on a monday morning????)

Tuesday: So i've been ringing everyone today, promised a millions times a manager/supervisor would ring me back, no news ETC ETC ETC

at the end of my tether now - who can i log a complaint with other than the company (which will be dismissed)?!??!
The service i've received is nothing short of an absolute joke

So a full 7days after the item was picked up, and 6 days since it was 'dispatched' for my house i'm no further forward. HELP please
Old 13 September 2011, 05:30 PM
Mr moff
Scooby Regular

This sounds exactly like parcel force every time I'm waiting for stuff.This is what I get from them,the short version,
When I order stuff from the states or anywhere else other than Japan,I track the parcel regularly.Once it says it's on the van I wait in all day.It never comes on that day.
After this I give them a call to find out where it is and get told they've sent me an email.The tracking site will then say they tried to deliver on the first day which I know they haven't,and a couple of days later I get a letter charging me for the handling fee.
Once I pay this fee it gets delivered for real.

They always pretend they've tried to deliver on the first day it's on the van,even though the 3rd time it happened I left our CCTV cameras running for the entire day for proof that they didn't come to the door.

I've had this now 13 or 14 times where they pretend to deliver but after filing a complaint more than once I just give up now and just wait for the handling fee.
I'm waiting for one parcel now which will probably say they tried to deliver on this coming Friday.

I understand your frustration mate,they're an annoying bunch.

Danny.
Old 13 September 2011, 05:34 PM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Ahhh YODEL, clever bit of re-branding by HDNL as everyone knew they were a bit sh*t so why not change the name and hope everyone forgets.

Useless jokers in my experience
Old 13 September 2011, 05:35 PM
Geordie_Aaron
Scooby Regular

The wonders of facebook - i had a wee rant about Yodel on there and a female friend not 3 miles from my house was waiting for a dress (typical) for a special event for Saturday and wanted delivery thursday and she's got EXACTLY the same as me - even the time it was 'delivered'.....CRAZY!!
Old 13 September 2011, 05:38 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

I only use DHL, or TNT. But had a couple of minor issues with them too.

To me if your having a problem with your local Parcel Force and its the same driver again and again, go down before 12pm and pull the deliveries manager aside. As its his job to ram the vans as much as possible, if the driver says thats not possible he will ram it on anyways so its on the system as "out of the building and on the van", instead of only taking what they can deliver. But the driver could be making up 739 forms (attempted delivery, not at home) to show he`s done work when he hasn`t, these get logged back in and redelivered next working day.

I worked for them before Christmas last year and thats how it was, the average delivery driver could do so many in one day it was unreal, there were one or two complete ********, but unless you go to the local office in person they won`t do much as they have so many calls a day.

HDNL/HOME are a shower of $hite, their machines have built in sat nav, so each vans manifest is loaded onto it, and it tells the driver where to go, and puts it all in order. Its crazy how a setup like that can be made to mess up by idiots who work there.
As they rely on the technology, instead of using their brains, and a map.

Last edited by Jimbob; 13 September 2011 at 05:41 PM.
Old 14 September 2011, 09:04 AM
Wag1
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Jim, Dhl have been taken over by YODL..

I would of gone to the dispatch office 2 miles down the road and sort it out! Sounds like he knew what was in the parcel and kept it!.

Last edited by Wag1; 14 September 2011 at 09:06 AM.
Old 14 September 2011, 09:28 AM
wrx287
Scooby Regular

I work for Yodel in South wales. If you go to the local branch they will do more as they are usually not that botherd with phonecalls. Yodel is nothing to do with DHL anymore as it is a joint service with HDNL. A week to deliver a next day takes the pi$$ our mangaer would be going nuts by now.
Old 14 September 2011, 03:44 PM
Geordie_Aaron
Scooby Regular

they must have known i posted this as said items were delivered this morning.....damaged
So now got to get in touch with the seller for a refund which they then claim back?! what an ALMIGHTY **** on!!!!!!!!
Old 14 September 2011, 05:49 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrx287
I work for Yodel in South wales. If you go to the local branch they will do more as they are usually not that botherd with phonecalls. Yodel is nothing to do with DHL anymore as it is a joint service with HDNL. A week to deliver a next day takes the pi$$ our mangaer would be going nuts by now.
You and your yellow Sprinter!!
Old 14 September 2011, 08:55 PM
wrx287
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jimbob
You and your yellow Sprinter!!
Will be Green from next month
Old 14 September 2011, 09:41 PM
Caged "R"
Scooby Regular

Everything we receive from Yodel is always late.
The most recent one being Opie oils - needed 5 litres so ordered it on Thursday & it was free shipping. I needed it on Friday & this couldn't be guaranteed so I paid for overnight delivery from Yodel. After lots of tracking & chasing it finally turned up on the Tuesday..

We have just dumped fedex as our courier as they are getting worse & have now switched to DPD & seen no problems so far!
Old 14 September 2011, 11:32 PM
99jdee
Scooby Regular

all i can say is: W4nkers!
Old 15 September 2011, 09:35 PM
wrx287
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Caged "R"
Everything we receive from Yodel is always late.
The most recent one being Opie oils - needed 5 litres so ordered it on Thursday & it was free shipping. I needed it on Friday & this couldn't be guaranteed so I paid for overnight delivery from Yodel. After lots of tracking & chasing it finally turned up on the Tuesday..
Shouldnt need to pay extra for overnight. All Yodel is next day anyway unless it goes through the Home delivery Network Depends if the courier can find you though.
Old 15 September 2011, 09:54 PM
Micheru
Scooby Regular

Bought loads of things delivered by DPD and they've been on time, never late, never any BS. Had the "attempted delivery" thing a few times with other couriers who mysteriously didn't leave a card...
Old 15 September 2011, 10:15 PM
windyboy
Scooby Regular

Location: Working in Belfast and living in Bangor, N'orn I'ron

Herself orders clothes from Very quite alot and uses the free Collect+ option so it gets delivered to the local filling station,a few times when things were late she spent most of the afternoon speaking to Very and Yodel trying to find out were the parcel's were. Very said it had left them and Yodel couldn't find it !!! She got the clothes a few days late and they just happened to be things that she had ordered and wanted to be delivered before we went on holiday

windyboy
Old 06 December 2011, 03:24 PM
oilman
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry, I've only just seen this thread.

Unfortunately couriers are part of our business, a part that we may hate, but they are necessary. After using a whole load of couriers since I've been with Opie Oils, I can't really say that YODEL are any worse than the others, when it comes to deliveries made. You may not believe that, but for us, they have an over 99% success rate (we send out over 100 parcels a day on average, more than 1 becoming a problem takes up too much of our time).

It seems to be down to where you live. All couriers have bad depots and bad drivers, so if you are unfortunate enough to have a bad YODEL depot locally, they will be useless, but the same applies to all couriers. If that is a problem, we still have Fed Ex as an option on the site.

We got Yodel in as a cheaper alternative to Fed Ex and for the vast majority, they are spot on. We get more emails thanking us for the quick delivery than we do complaining that the delivery is late.

WRX287, we were given different rates for the 24hr/48hr/72hr services.

Micheru & Caged R, loads of people say how good DPD are, but in my own experience with them, they were 100% useless. It was blatantly due to a bad driver, but like I said, that's the same with all couriers.

Cheers

Tim
Old 06 December 2011, 04:21 PM
tompka
Scooby Regular

We use APC, UK Mail and TNT at work. A fair few times APC couldn't deliver for certain times or days because of the distance the parcel needed to go (Medical Supplying company so parts for machines/operations etc go all over country). We let this go on for a few months then decided to scrap them when UK Mail came in with a better offer.

Now every 6 months UK Mail do a review of all parcels sent from ourselves to they're destination and the last one was 98% delivered on time. 1% late due to courier/drivers fault and the other 1% due to our Customer Services department.

TNT we've never had any problems with. Driver turns up about 5:30pm every day, picks up his parcels and leaves. I've stuck parcels on TNT to go from Newcastle to Fort William or Campbeltown which UK Mail and APC said they couldn't do Next Day and TNT have.

Sometime's shopping about can help. UK Mail do a same day collection and delivery, it's quite costly but if needs must then can be done. Again I needed something from Newcastle to Luton & Dunstable Hospital and it was collected within 30mins of phone call and delivered 5 hours later. DPD do the same, they've even started doing same day to AMERICA! from what I've heard, which is all to do with the time zone's but still technically lands the same day you sent it.

Never tried Yodel! but if I needed something sent somewhere quickly that no other courier could handle I'd certainly give them ago. If they screw up big time then I wouldn't use them again.