Sponsored by:

B*gger - First Points

Search this Thread

Old 31 March 2001, 11:18 PM
Richard Askew
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

......I called my insurance after getting an sp30 ( 49 in a thirty at 1 in the morning on a dual carraigeway b4 I get flamed) and then again after my sp60 ( 79 on a dual track caught by a gatso I never saw)....and they said not to worry as long as my points codes werent drink driving convictions....as I'm not a **** and dont drink and drive then I'm happy........ best take it on the chin matey.......

Old 01 April 2001, 09:22 AM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

Angry

D*mn, B*gger, Bl*st

Just got caught speeding. Completely empty stretch of dual carriageway, lovely sunny morning, dry roads - crest a hill and there he was. 88 in a 70 3points thank you very much officer.

2 miles from home aswell.

Arggghhh.

What is the likely affect on Insurance. Do I tell them now and can they raise it or tell them when I renew ???

For those in Suffolk, It was heading down the A140 to the a14 On the last little stretch of dual. He was sitting behind the tress on the coddenham turn off.

Think i need to go and beat up a pillow or something.
Old 01 April 2001, 09:44 AM
JasonHook
Scooby Regular

From experience my first set of points didn't affect my premium at all. Probably better you were speeding on a dual carriageway than a 30 (SP30).
You should inform them now otherwise they may not honour any claims you make (any excuse not to pay).

Don't be too hard on yourself it came as quite a shock to me when I got caught.

Jason
Old 01 April 2001, 10:09 AM
robski
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Nah. they normally ignore upto 6 unless they are for something more serious then speeding on a dual.

bad news

robski
Old 01 April 2001, 10:57 AM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

Robski

Wouldn't mind so much but..

As I got to the A14 roundabout I looked in my mirror and he hadn't pulled out after me. I went my usual route down the back road into claydon parallel to the A14, now going very carefully. Before Claydon he passes me going the otherway (i.e. back towards the A140) and flashes me over. So from a standing start, in the time its taken me to gor from tha A14 roundabout into claydon along the back road, he's come out of the Coddenham turn onto he A14, down to the Claydon/Blakenham junction and back through Claydon. Which means he must have hammered it down the A14 @ considerbaly more than he did me for.

Hmmm aren't we all much safer now.

Ahh well. Cough up and take it on the chin I suppose.