Sponsored by:

Porkies

Search this Thread

Old 31 March 2001, 09:27 PM
obi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DAVE-W:
[B]Called into local dealer today to have a look at the new WRX.

Asked the salesman if Subaru UK were going to officially import the STI version and was told YES in January.

Heres the good bit.....was advised not to buy a grey import new shape STI because they are designed to run on 200 octane petrol!!!

Now I'VE never heard of 200 octane petrol, but this guy was deadly serious.

Perhaps we should lighten the long dark evenings by mining that rich vein of humour..dealers porkies!

When I first decided to buy an Impreza I was surprised to learn that they could be imported at a saving of several thousand pounds. Hurried back to the local dealer who assured me that, whilst they may look like a bargain I should understand that all the'european' models were made from the same components as Japanese models and so were impossible to get serviced in Britain. Apparently all the component numbers were different and the error codes came out in Japanese......
Old 01 April 2001, 01:27 AM
Ry
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was once told by a dealer that the eratic central locking on my car was a security feature and couldn't be altered-it had nothing to do with the corrosion in the connector that I cleaned off and had no further problems!