Sponsored by:

Remap, maybe anti lag aswell!!!

Search this Thread

Old 23 August 2011, 01:20 AM
Razorwrx1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remap, maybe anti lag aswell!!!

If I don't buy my mates E46 M3 I'm thinking of remapping My Wrx 02 With Andy Carr. Got all the needed mods fitted apart from the Uprated Fuel Pump which I'll get. Thing is Mines done Nearly 92K on OEM Turbo. Just thinking will it be Safe or not

Not going down the Turbo, Front Mount route. Just fancy alittle tweak

Not bothered if not, it pops quite alot as is it Just always fancied it. Even more so now I'm using it more with the baby. Save some Fuel as well

You got it? If so what's your mileage? Turbo etc.

Oh Getting the Cam Belt & Pulley's done next year as well. Just incase people ask with the Mileage. It'll be No more than 93K next year. Don't use it much!

Cheer's Guys As Ever
Old 23 August 2011, 01:22 AM
LegacySTi
Scooby Regular

really dont be afraid/put off turbo upgrade road.

It really is wats needed..

If had a standard one with turbo upgrade it'd be better then a de-cat or induction mods etc.

First thing to do
Old 23 August 2011, 01:44 AM
Razorwrx1
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the quick reply buddy. For me it wouldn't be worth it! I have a company van I use in the week and sometimes weekend. Babies always in the car now with me, plus with the money of it all, can't really afford STI turbo n that. All going on Nappies and bloody wipes. Lol
Old 23 August 2011, 02:33 AM
Benji554
Scooby Regular

QUOTE: Save some Fuel as well

You won't save fuel with anti-lag trust me! Fun though but probably not the best idea if you carry your little un with you!
Old 23 August 2011, 06:04 AM
Razorwrx1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Benji554
QUOTE: Save some Fuel as well

You won't save fuel with anti-lag trust me! Fun though but probably not the best idea if you carry your little un with you!
yeah sorry mate, don't mean save fuel with anti lag on. Just meant with the remap. And prob not much then either. The Mrs thinks so tho

Little lad started smiling n that now, even more when the car pops! Keeps him quite.

You lot were right about the sound, he bloody loves it
Old 23 August 2011, 01:14 PM
Ryan@Indigo-GT
Former Sponsor

The theory is sound with a remap, more torque, able to get into a higher gear sooner and get better economy, that said I've yet to see us map a Scooby or and Evo to improve economy lol

Pops and bangs are pretty fun, I swear I can see the fuel gauge move everytime it does it though!
Old 23 August 2011, 01:27 PM
wrx9181
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Don't no about that fuel wise mine seems fine with all guns blazing but be carful of the headers so far 2 of the 4 lads I know with al have had headers give up and bust
Old 23 August 2011, 08:58 PM
Razorwrx1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ryan@Indigo-GT
The theory is sound with a remap, more torque, able to get into a higher gear sooner and get better economy, that said I've yet to see us map a Scooby or and Evo to improve economy lol

Pops and bangs are pretty fun, I swear I can see the fuel gauge move everytime it does it though!
I've heard sometimes you can map afew pop & bangs in without having Anti Lag.

I prob won't have another Scoob (I do love it) just I've never bought the same make/model car twice. Always beleve in trying something different. Just my opinion.
Old 23 August 2011, 09:01 PM
Razorwrx1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrx9181
Don't no about that fuel wise mine seems fine with all guns blazing but be carful of the headers so far 2 of the 4 lads I know with al have had headers give up and bust
Really mate. Good to know that! I do fancy it but not at that cost

Don't suppose it depends on how much you use it
Old 24 August 2011, 02:11 AM
Benji554
Scooby Regular

Agreed! My headers started blowing shortly after getting anti-lag fitted. I think it depends on the type to be fair. If you have the cheap ones with a flexi joint they won't last long!
Old 24 August 2011, 11:00 AM
Ryan@Indigo-GT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Razorwrx1
I've heard sometimes you can map afew pop & bangs in without having Anti Lag.
You can indeed, my cars pops and bangs like hell but it's not true anti lag, I just had Ant tweak the map a little.
Old 24 August 2011, 06:20 PM
Berks-Jack
Scooby Regular

Not bothered if not, it pops quite alot as is it
how are you getting your car to pop fella if it isn't mapped?
Old 25 August 2011, 01:14 AM
Razorwrx1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ryan@Indigo-GT
You can indeed, my cars pops and bangs like hell but it's not true anti lag, I just had Ant tweak the map a little.
Really!!!! I'll have a word word with andy nearer the time and see what he says. Should have the money in two months

If so I might leave the anti lag and update the head unit later in the year.
Old 25 August 2011, 01:20 AM
Razorwrx1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Berks-Jack
how are you getting your car to pop fella if it isn't mapped?
Most impreza's do when an exhaust change! I've changed all mine apart from the up pipe. Could be why it pops quite abit. More when changing down into 2nd. Better since I changed to a vortex back box from the ninja 1. See my garage, there's a small YouTube vid when I changed over last year. Need to do a new one now really. Got the sports cat Downpipe now. Pops alittle more
Old 26 August 2011, 06:34 PM
Berks-Jack
Scooby Regular

Most impreza's do when an exhaust change! I've changed all mine apart from the up pipe. Could be why it pops quite abit. More when changing down into 2nd. Better since I changed to a vortex back box from the ninja 1. See my garage, there's a small YouTube vid when I changed over last year. Need to do a new one now really. Got the sports cat Downpipe now. Pops alittle more
Oh ok. Is it running ok with the sportscat as you've not had it mapped for it? I thought I'd read that it would cause boost spikes etc?

I've taken my 2nd cat and resonated centre section off mine, and replaced with straight through pipes. Also changed the backbox to a prodrive one and I can actually hear it now
Old 26 August 2011, 08:26 PM
Razorwrx1
Scooby Regular

Oh ok. Is it running ok with the sportscat as you've not had it mapped for it? I thought I'd read that it would cause boost spikes etc?

I've taken my 2nd cat and resonated centre section off mine, and replaced with straight through pipes. Also changed the backbox to a prodrive one and I can actually hear it now
My cell light did come on after afew days with the Sports Downpipe. I just got Andy Carr to do me a cell tweak. All ok since!

I did 3 new videos yesterday and put em on YouTube. Shows the pops n that alot more.

Bet your's sounds sweet with that set up.
Old 26 August 2011, 10:42 PM
Berks-Jack
Scooby Regular

My cell light did come on after afew days with the Sports Downpipe. I just got Andy Carr to do me a cell tweak. All ok since!

I did 3 new videos yesterday and put em on YouTube. Shows the pops n that alot more.

Bet your's sounds sweet with that set up.
Oh gotcha! Wasn't sure if it would of caused airflow problems with it not being mapped for the sportscat but that's good if you can just turn off the CEL with a quick fix.

I'll have a look for the vids.

Yep it sounds perfect to me now, not too loud at low revs but does shout when going through the gears
Old 26 August 2011, 11:39 PM
Razorwrx1
Scooby Regular

Oh gotcha! Wasn't sure if it would of caused airflow problems with it not being mapped for the sportscat but that's good if you can just turn off the CEL with a quick fix.

I'll have a look for the vids.

Yep it sounds perfect to me now, not too loud at low revs but does shout when going through the gears
Andy didn't charge me much. Can't remember exactly but sure if wasn't more than £40-50.

Here's a link to the vids I posted on here yesterday!

https://www.scoobynet.com/members-ga...g-changes.html

Mines abit like that. Not too loud, just right
Old 26 August 2011, 11:44 PM
wrx9181
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Doesn't matter which headers Rcm ones or Ported oe theyll all brake with excessive use of al
Like I say mines fine though and use mime quite a bit
Old 26 August 2011, 11:53 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Go with the pops and bangs rather than AL if your not going to be using your car for track use.
Its a gimic for most guys to be honest, real Antilag with Rally cars does what it suppose to do, where as AL on none>mild modified cars is just like having a VTA Valve... pointless.

I was going to ask Andrew when he mapped mine a few months ago, but I realised the implications/side effect and decided against it.

Rob
Old 27 August 2011, 07:05 AM
paulT25
Scooby Regular

What have you been told about the implications.
Are they detremental to the engine etc? All I have been told is if left on can cause overheating of the engine .?
Old 04 October 2011, 11:08 PM
Razorwrx1
Scooby Regular

Had the Car Mapped yesterday by Andy. Got my **** in gear and had it done! Faultless He is a proper Wizard

He text me the night before to make sure I could still make it at Taylor Motors (stockport). Rick Fitted the Walbro 255 Fuel Pump first then ready to go

Took him about 1hr 30mins in total. IT'S A TOTALLY DIFFERENT CAR LOVE IT EVEN MORE NOW Had loads of time for me. Real nice guy

He reckons around 270-275bhp & 280lb Torque. Got loads of Pops And Bangs. Just lightly press the Accelerator at 2.5-3K Revs, hold it there and she Sounds And Beaut. Like a cheaper version of Antilag. And safer Even put me Launch Control on. Said it's not ideal on a Standard Clutch tho. 1 or 2 goes and i'd have No Clutch Left It's there for the future tho

Just pulls in every Gear. Doing the Map, it was bouncing off the Rev Limiter in 3rd gear and still wanted to go. Andy said he had to adjust the turbo because it was too Agressive. Standard Turbo and all. I don't go passed 5K revs in 4th never mind 3rdThink I treat her too nice

I'll post up and a New Video Soon. Sounds Awesome Well I think so. Even the Dump Valve And Exhaust Note have changed. Sounds really Crisp

BIG THANKS AGAIN TO ANDY CARR. TOP BLOKE

RICK AT (TAYLOR MOTORS) AS WELL.

Cheer's Guys:thumb