Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Get a tracker... quickly

Search this Thread

Old 27 March 2001, 11:13 PM
TFyus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two german shepards with free roam of the house. No bloody way anyone even gets in the garden without the dogs ripping the house down. My little corgi dogs used to make the most amazing amount of noise when someone came in my garden even when it was a half acre garden they could hear anything at all.

then hopefully that will help. You could also rig up a light switch that automatically goes off when the dogs bark, some kinda sound sensor that sets off the lights, so when the dogs bark it looks like someone is awake immediatly.

rw
Old 27 March 2001, 11:39 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Question

Where's Stuart H? Not seen him post for a while and he always used to advise on Police matters. Can we contact him for any help with this?

<B>N</B><I>i</I><B>m</B><I>B</I><B>u<I>S</B></I>
Old 28 March 2001, 12:20 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Angry

The scumbags finally managed it. Last Wednesday night some low life good for nothing piece of dog turd broke into my house, lifted my keys, my wifes keys, a video camera, a laptop and a load of other stuff, loaded it into the scoob and disappeared. To rub salt in the wounds they took my wifes car as well. The police reckon it was a stolen to order for the scoob and the rest of the stuff was just handy. What the police can't explain (nor can I) is how they managed to come through two 5 lever deadlocked doors and disable a remotely monitored house alarm system without anyone knowing about it. They also suggested that if I had a tracker with 24 hour monitor fitted they would have found the car and the majority of the goods within an hour.......

clip clop clip clop...... Quick bolt the stable door

p.s. I was thinking of getting a 328 as a replacemet. Does this mean I get banned from scoobynet?
Old 28 March 2001, 12:45 AM
Stef
Scooby Regular

fb.
Really sorry to hear that chap.
Glad you and your wife weren't hurt though.
Oh, and no, you won't be!

Stef.
Old 28 March 2001, 12:54 AM
Gerg2
Scooby Regular

Angry

Needless to say...sorry about the news.

The world is full of bludgers who make a living off other peoples hard work.

PS No you're never baned for here!!!
Old 28 March 2001, 07:06 AM
Robertio
Scooby Regular

Red face

Really sorry to hear that fast bloke, I hope they catch them, but somehow I doubt it

A BMW, this place is going to have to become bmwnet the way things ar going

From a scooby owner who sleeps with his keys.
Old 28 March 2001, 07:10 AM
NAF
Support Scoobynet!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to hear that FB
These guys are scum
We had a couple of them recently at our patio doors at the rear of the house early one morning ..
Luckily the dog woke us by barking
Amazing how they managed to get past the alarm n that ....

Niall

Trending Topics

Old 28 March 2001, 08:21 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Fast Bloke
Sorry to hear about your misfortune, glad no one was hurt. This has finally pushed me into sorting out some sort of tracking device, spoke to my insuranxce comany 10% discount if i have one.

IMHO - You will always be welcome here sir!
Old 28 March 2001, 09:10 AM
GCollier
Scooby Regular

Hmmmm, commiserations, not good

No consolation, but if the car was stolen to order, and the thieves were "professional" enough to bypass your house security so easily, then perhaps they'd have been able to locate and disable a tracker quickly as well?

Consider investing in a safe for the keys when you replace your car?

Gary.
Old 28 March 2001, 09:30 AM
Scott J Davies
Scooby Regular

Angry

Sh1te news M8

Sorry to hear about that. For the past few months I have kept both sets of keys to my pride and joy under a baseball bat in my bedroom

SJD
Old 28 March 2001, 09:42 AM
RonaldoH
Scooby Regular

Angry

Fast Bloke
This is **** for you mate.

If the Police think a Tracker would of had the car found in an hour, they are having a laugh! If these guys by-passed a seriously good security system and some heavy duty doors as you describe without making a peep or disturbing anyone or anything in the road then quiet clearly these morons do this for a living

Webby! Do you think that by teaming up with the French scoob owners clubs/The Irish/The Dutch/The Germans that we could have a look out for this scoob on the market: And put up details on the cars of what was stolen....Just an idea but cars that are stolen end up somewhere...perhaps some liason with the serious car crime units in the U.K could be beneficial? After all, people say...My Car was nicked...but thats it. Only the Police know what they are looking for. How about us, confronting theives is not a good thing. But perhaps a sticker similar to the scoobynet one like "Scoobynet Neighbour hood watch scheme" or something like that.

Surely with the liason of all the Import agents and Import dealers in the U.K we could prevent Stolen cars being cut/shut and moved on?

Rdgs
Ronnie
Old 28 March 2001, 09:59 AM
GP
Scooby Regular

amazing..

This is one of the things that'll forever put me off having a car that is such a target - I wonder how some of you guys sleep at night - even good security is no deterrent it seems, and sleeping with your keys and a white knuckle grip on a baseball bat just means they'll fight you for them, surely - doesn't matter whether you think you could crack skulls or not - I'd rather not put my family at this sort of risk.

..get a big hungry dog and clip the keys to his collar every night is my advice!
Old 28 March 2001, 10:12 AM
Blow Dog
Scooby Regular

bugger me
Old 28 March 2001, 10:15 AM
Hol
Scooby Senior
Support Scoobynet!

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Do we have the ability to list stolen cars or parts?.by area?.

That way, if someone else if offerred something, car, wheels, interior etc.. They can check it for any identifying marks.

It does rely on the buyer having a conscience over a bargain.
Old 28 March 2001, 10:24 AM
vmax
Scooby Regular

GP,

Why do people smoke when the packet says that it will kill you !

Why do boxers box when they know that they could end up in a coma for weeks.

Why do people take drugs when they know it could kill them.

Everything in life is based on risk assesment. If you pretend that it will never happen to you then you will be in for a shock.

Owning a scooby is a risk. Before you buy the car you have to be sure that you can accept that risk. Do what you can to minimise the risk and work out what you will if anything should happen to it.

It aint nice believe me. I had a Cav GSI stolen off my drive way. Now I own a scoob I'm back in the risk leauge again.

Old 28 March 2001, 10:25 AM
SDB
Scooby Regular

Ron

I think you're dead right. It is time we do something about all this.

I am going to get moving on the stolen car / parts register, and we need to get some good ideas about how we make it more of a hassle to steal these cars.

Is there a specific age, model, etc that is being targeted?

We need as many ideas as possible as to how to work with the police, other sites (great idea Ron), magazines, etc, etc.

best regards

Simon
Old 28 March 2001, 10:51 AM
Rikster
Scooby Regular

The really crazy thing is that if you had heard the intruders breaking into your house, and gave them a bit of the old baseball bat treatment, that it would be you who would be up on a charge for it !
Old 28 March 2001, 12:09 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Wink

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Blow Dog:
<B>bugger me
[/quote]

Blowdog mate, please don't take an important thread off topic.....

Old 28 March 2001, 12:12 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Unhappy

Fast Bloke
Sorry to hear this.

I don't want to make it worse but your insurers are likely to kick up rough on the fact that there was no sign of forcible entry.
Old 28 March 2001, 12:20 PM
Ian Waller
Scooby Regular

Wink

Fast Bloke,
Sorry about your loss

Think you should definitely get another Scooby. . . . STi VII sir??

On a muppet note . . . Does this also mean then that you should have extra insurance discount for having an aftermarket exhaust? Lets face it with a straight through 3" pipe with 4" tailpipe, there is no way you could miss the car being stolen

Ian.
STi II
Old 28 March 2001, 02:06 PM
TFyus
Scooby Regular

talking of stealing noisey exhausts,

did u see "gone in 60 seconds" ?

they stole a lambourghini from outside this guys window when he was having sex right there.

a lambourghini would have SHOOK the building

alsations are in... maybe start breeding them 5 or 6 should really cause a massive dose of whoop *** on anyone that tried your property

rw
Old 28 March 2001, 03:33 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Dave T-S:
<B>Fast Bloke
Sorry to hear this.

I don't want to make it worse but your insurers are likely to kick up rough on the fact that there was no sign of forcible entry.[/quote]

Dave. I'm praying they send an insurance investigator who drives a scoob (or 2) called Dave to check it out. Can you think of a suitable candidate.

More seriously. I'm OK. My wife and kids are OK. If I had heard them kicking the door in there would have been a seriously injured person in the house several seconds later. From what I've been told this would probably be me. Hopefully the insurance for both house and car come through, but if they don't at least I'm alive and not in jail, so I can start again. I feel like cr4p at the minute, but at the end of the day, it is only money.
Old 28 March 2001, 03:54 PM
TFyus
Scooby Regular

A panic button in the house that results in the whole outside of the house lighting up all the lights in the house going on and an alarm, atleast they would bu66er off, perhaps with the car but atleast you wouldnt be looking at getting in real trouble yourself.

As said, u are fast asleep, they are hyped up and wide awake, there is three of them, the chances of coming out on top are very slim unless u have trained day in day out for years and years for hand to hand combat or u have a gun. Lets be honest very few people could take on more than one other determined person.

You guys are all losing pretty much new cars atleast that can be replaced, its just a shame of the invasion of personal space or whatever and thought of waking up and finding these idiots in your house...

very dodgy,

chin up, odds says it will never happen to u again.

rw
Old 28 March 2001, 05:39 PM
Andy W
Scooby Regular

Fast Bloke,

Sorry to here that m8, feckin scum!!
Makes me even more paranoid but,
Dunno what the cop was talking about tracker for. Last time I enquired with the RUC traffic branch they only had 12 cars equipped to monitor tracker, what the hell good is that when there is nowhere in NI that you are more than an hour from the border.
Old 29 March 2001, 04:23 PM
DesG
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Sorry to hear that FB.

Probably better you didn't wake as you say, cars and property are easily replaced.

DesG - starting to get very nervous now with 2 scoobs outside the house.

[This message has been edited by DesG (edited 29 March 2001).]
Old 29 March 2001, 04:25 PM
DesG
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Was just going to email you to check how close to me you live, but erm, youve no email addie :/

DesG
Old 29 March 2001, 04:51 PM
Scruff
Scooby Regular

Fastbloke, I hope they catch the ba5tards and re arrange their ***** with a stainless steel back box.

[This message has been edited by Scruff (edited 29 March 2001).]
Old 29 March 2001, 05:54 PM
RVeiga
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

fast bloke

Sorry to hear about your loss.

just for my info, was the house alarm Redcare of something else?

..R
Old 29 March 2001, 06:54 PM
RichS
Scooby Regular

fastbloke

Sorry to hear about this - must really pi$$ you off.

Glad you weren't hurt.

These ba$tards should be tossed in with the burning foot and mouth cattle...

Old 29 March 2001, 07:13 PM
Nate-old
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear about your incident FB,

On the note of Trackers , I have Navtrack fitted to my Scoob , not only is it a DETERRENT (& that is all it is), but a useful piece of gadgetry , ie you are lost , no map no road signs , where are you ??? no prob , phone Navtrack , THEY pinpoint the car , and tell you directions to get back on track , it seems the police don't have the Nav track units , but are guided by Navtrack . I would recommend Navtrack to anyone , but it does cost £9.99 each month , but then what can you spend a tenner on.

Any way , got to shoot , the G/friend will be threatening to kill my car otherwise (she's like that , it's the only way she can get at me)

Nate.

Quick Reply: Get a tracker... quickly