Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it ok once someones paid into your paypal?

Search this Thread

Old 10 August 2011, 08:15 PM
RetroMk1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it ok once someones paid into your paypal?

I sold a set of wheels to a guy from malta but they are being delivered to somewhere in the uk, he paid with paypal today and i can see the funds in my account, is this money now 100% safe, am i covered?????
Old 10 August 2011, 08:17 PM
Loo-knee
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by RetroMk1
I sold a set of wheels to a guy from malta but they are being delivered to somewhere in the uk, he paid with paypal today and i can see the funds in my account, is this money now 100% safe, am i covered?????
I sent some money once to the wrong account and was able to cancel it and get the money back straight away. I think about an hour had pasted before I did it.
I would check first mate on Paypal itself
Old 10 August 2011, 08:18 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If money has been sent like Gift,yes they're safe,but if money has been sent standard way,he can give Dispute(not sure,but in 45 days from transactions he can give dispute of transaction)

Jura
Old 10 August 2011, 08:19 PM
TinyTim
Scooby Regular

You've logged into your account via the normal way rather than recieving an email/via a link he's sent you right?
Old 10 August 2011, 08:29 PM
RetroMk1
Scooby Regular

yeah logged in and now i've withdrawn the funds but it gonna take a day or two to clear in my proper natwest account
Old 10 August 2011, 08:38 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Wait until funds are available in your bank account before sending wheels.
That's what I would do anyway.
Old 10 August 2011, 08:41 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

yeah logged in and now i've withdrawn the funds but it gonna take a day or two to clear in my proper natwest account
Best way to send not same day,when someone he pay you to your PP account,but next day or as above after money are in your bank account

Originally Posted by MattyB1983
+1

Good way,but some buyers will disagree

Jura
Old 10 August 2011, 08:43 PM
RetroMk1
Scooby Regular

Ok I sorted out a courier for friday, i also just googled the uk address and it turns out its SVA Imports in folkestone, dover, so it should all be legit.

Cheers for the replys
Old 15 August 2011, 03:11 AM
blink
Scooby Newbie

Just to let you know guys that I come from Malta, and being an island we have to buy all our parts from abroad either from sites like scoobyworld/ scoobyclinic etc or from ebay. I can not vouch for everyone but most of us are honest people. The reason the guy asked you to ship to the uk is that a lot of trade happens between Malta and the UK and a lot of guys ship containers with parts from warehouses in the uk (especially London area, so a guy might ask to have his item shipped to a location and then they are forwarded to Malta.

I myself drive a 2003 Subaru Impreza Wrx, which is a Uk import. Cars in Malta are very expensive compared to cars in the UK and a car which costs about 6,000 gbp ends up costing around 12-13k with shipping, tax and registration fees! and if you had to buy a car which was sold new in Malta (2003 Blob) would cost about 20k. That is why we take good care of our cars as they are an expensive comodity for us!
Old 15 August 2011, 03:29 AM
Camoscooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MattyB1983
+1

Ok I sorted out a courier for friday, i also just googled the uk address and it turns out its SVA Imports in folkestone, dover, so it should all be legit.

Cheers for the replys
SVA Imports are dodgy as f**k
Old 15 August 2011, 05:22 AM
lisa_z
Scooby Regular

You are only covered if you deliver to the address that was on the pay pal payment address otherwise even if you have proof it was signed for and recived to the requested address and emails from them asking you to send to another address they can still cancel and get there mony back as its not coverd by pay pal
I have an on line busness and have been done this way before so if his pay pal addy is the same as where its getting deliverd ok.
if not do not send you will not be coverd. Cancel payment ask them to put the corect delivery address and then you are coverd.
Also even if funds are in your bank the people can up to 90 days time say they never recived them cancel the payment then pay pal bill you for the stuff that you know they recived as you have proof and thankyou emails from them saying they love them. Pay pal just see its ben deliverd to a address that was not on the money transfer and they refund so the people get stuff and money back and you recive a bill for the dispute pluss the refund and you loose your items.

Lis x

Last edited by lisa_z; 15 August 2011 at 05:32 AM.
Old 15 August 2011, 08:44 AM
ironbridge
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lisa_z
You are only covered if you deliver to the address that was on the pay pal payment address
yes.
Old 15 August 2011, 02:36 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by blink
Just to let you know guys that I come from Malta, and being an island we have to buy all our parts from abroad either from sites like scoobyworld/ scoobyclinic etc or from ebay. I can not vouch for everyone but most of us are honest people. The reason the guy asked you to ship to the uk is that a lot of trade happens between Malta and the UK and a lot of guys ship containers with parts from warehouses in the uk (especially London area, so a guy might ask to have his item shipped to a location and then they are forwarded to Malta.

I myself drive a 2003 Subaru Impreza Wrx, which is a Uk import. Cars in Malta are very expensive compared to cars in the UK and a car which costs about 6,000 gbp ends up costing around 12-13k with shipping, tax and registration fees! and if you had to buy a car which was sold new in Malta (2003 Blob) would cost about 20k. That is why we take good care of our cars as they are an expensive comodity for us!
I used to work in Malta a lot, and all the people I dealt with (bar one) were honest.

Its strange what you say about the prices?
There were quite a lot of Euro cars brought into the UK from Malta.
These were sold for quite a bit less than the UK equivalent models.
Old 15 August 2011, 02:40 PM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

In a nutshell, Paypal = good for scammers, bad for honest sellers.

As mentioned, they can request the money back, even once you have moved it into your bank account.