Sponsored by:

bit of advice please

Search this Thread

Old 31 July 2011, 05:25 PM
D.A Dave
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bit of advice please

good day all, right im realy into minds at mo i havent had my car long its a 1999 2000 turbo wagen with 98000 on the clock its got very good history all main dealer but the last owner whent a tad crazy with bolt on bits, he has fitted a front mount not sure of make a cosworth high flow air fillter and a dump valve and from what i can see a cat back exhaust. but as i have mentiond before its not been mapped or tuned in anyway im thinking of returning it to standerd i.e top mount back on standerd air box but i am fond of the exhaust just wondering what u lot fink of the idea. im not in to makeing big bhp or flying around the standerd car is plenty quick enough for me thanks in advance guys
Old 31 July 2011, 06:39 PM
Daniaxeman
Scooby Regular

I've got the same year and model and mines still standard mate, only thing I'm sticking on is an exhaust as I can't afford much more bhp atm unfortunately. What colour us yours?
Old 31 July 2011, 06:57 PM
D.A Dave
Scooby Regular

im in the same boat mate cant afford run big ish bhp and defanatly cant afford a remap just want it nice straight and reliable its dark blue mica needs the rear arches sorting and the front bumper repainting as they made a right mess cutting out for fmic luckaly thats my fortey im a truck painetr for a liveing so body work is fine just the machanicals i strugle with
Old 31 July 2011, 07:03 PM
Daniaxeman
Scooby Regular

I got a lil rust on one of the arches too and the kids in the area have scratched it quite a bit, shame as the paintwork wasn't too bad when I got it
Old 31 July 2011, 07:04 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Putting back to standard should be straightforward and you may be able to sell those parts as a bonus. Leaving the exhaust will be fine but stick the standard air box and dump valve back on. I would also replace the MAF sensor as a precaution. You shouldn't need a remap but at the very least I would get it rolling roaded to chek the AFR and make sure everything is tickety boo.
Old 31 July 2011, 07:17 PM
D.A Dave
Scooby Regular

i think kids are the same everywere mate them handlebars on them bikes terify me its like a game how close they can get to cars round my way i hate leaveing it on the road if i cant get it in the garage its the mrs puma that goes on the road and einstein ra thats what i was hopeing to hear ive already been offerd air box and dump valve that ill be jumping at just the top mount and pipe work now i know some may think its a step backwards but its good enough for me in standard form