Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CANT BELEIVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 30 July 2011, 10:56 PM
ad uk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry CANT BELEIVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot beleve it was on the way to work friday morning and some stupid woman decides to go into the side of me in the SCOOB ive literally only had the car back from a full spray job 3 months ago. not a happy bunny she has took my passenger door bit of front wing bottom side skirt just the plastic sill is fine and steering wheel isnt straight so may be track rod end. the insurance are coming to asses it monday morning do you think they would repair it or write it off. plus if they say they will repair it can i send it to a garage of my own choice or not due to having bad experiences with body repairs before so rather take it back to place that sprayed it for me if possible

car is uk impreza 98 thanks guys
Old 30 July 2011, 11:00 PM
scottydog137
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ad uk
I cannot beleve it was on the way to work friday morning and some stupid woman decides to go into the side of me in the SCOOB ive literally only had the car back from a full spray job 3 months ago. not a happy bunny she has took my passenger door bit of front wing bottom side skirt just the plastic sill is fine and steering wheel isnt straight so may be track rod end. the insurance are coming to asses it monday morning do you think they would repair it or write it off. plus if they say they will repair it can i send it to a garage of my own choice or not due to having bad experiences with body repairs before so rather take it back to place that sprayed it for me if possible

car is uk impreza 98 thanks guys
As soon as the assesor see's Subaru on the paperwork............Its a write off!!

Told to me by a few insurance assesors!!
Old 30 July 2011, 11:04 PM
ad uk
Scooby Regular

really why mate do you know
Old 30 July 2011, 11:14 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scottydog137
As soon as the assesor see's Subaru on the paperwork............Its a write off!!

Bollocks.

My last Scoob was crashed into in April 2007. Was worth about £4-5k then. A guy pulled out a street into me so his fault. Damage was around £2.2k just for repair work on my car as needed new wing, door, refurbed wheels and lots of paintwork (car was red so you can imagine it wasn't an easy match).

No hint of my car being written off... here's some proof https://www.scoobynet.com/members-ga...-progress.html
Old 30 July 2011, 11:25 PM
ad uk
Scooby Regular

mine red aswell mate lol im just bit pissed off due to having it fully resprayed
Old 30 July 2011, 11:25 PM
kj200sx
Scooby Regular

my ver 3 v limited got wrote of last September for a bonnet wing headlight etc the damage was very minor I had everything repaired apart from the wing so that's how minor it was finally got it sorted full respray new wheels brembo etc etc and about 4 weeks after back in the road stupid woman with no licence or insurance pulled out and forced me onto the path then drove into the side of me doing the wing and door and both wheels needed refurbing again least they were insured I guess but no how you feel hope you get it sorted and if they do write it of don't take first offer good luck
Old 30 July 2011, 11:27 PM
scottydog137
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
Bollocks.

My last Scoob was crashed into in April 2007. Was worth about £4-5k then. A guy pulled out a street into me so his fault. Damage was around £2.2k just for repair work on my car as needed new wing, door, refurbed wheels and lots of paintwork (car was red so you can imagine it wasn't an easy match).

No hint of my car being written off... here's some proof https://www.scoobynet.com/members-ga...-progress.html
The post speaks for itself!!!! the extra paintwork wheel refurb ect you paid for by yourself?

2007 - 2011 is another 4 years de-preciation and the "write down value" on older subaru's is quite low at the mo, also coupled with the ever increasing parts prices repair costs will exceed the "write down" value of the car.

Last edited by scottydog137; 30 July 2011 at 11:28 PM. Reason: typo
Old 30 July 2011, 11:29 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Insurance companies go by 'current Market value', unfortunately a 98 UK turbo's current Market value isn't great.
I hope they don't but I reckon they'll write it off chap.
Old 30 July 2011, 11:29 PM
scottydog137
Scooby Regular

To the OP you are well within your rights to nominate a repairer of your choice - you do not have to take it to one of their "approved repairers"

Last edited by scottydog137; 30 July 2011 at 11:30 PM. Reason: typo
Old 30 July 2011, 11:32 PM
ad uk
Scooby Regular

thanks scootydog and banny i know on the book not worth much but its just the tme and effort that you put into it just makes you think is t worth it my first scooby and i love it if they do write it off i will be buying it back without a dought
Old 30 July 2011, 11:39 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

The post speaks for itself!!!! the extra paintwork wheel refurb ect you paid for by yourself?

2007 - 2011 is another 4 years de-preciation and the "write down value" on older subaru's is quite low at the mo, also coupled with the ever increasing parts prices repair costs will exceed the "write down" value of the car.

No, I had extra work done myself as it needed doing prior to the crash. If I'd have simply had just the damage repaired the car would have looked slightly odd and/or patchy. Can you not read? I thus invested some of my own cash on none damaged paintwork so take advantage of a bad situation.

I still call bullsh1t on your "assessor" comment. If that is true then there are some bent folks in the insurance business bumping prices to gain from certain marques of car being written off.

To the OP, ignore the bullsh1t comments and best of luck with getting the Scoob repaired. There is a percentage mark which reflects the cars value in regards to the repair costs. When this is breached, that's when cars can be written off due to not being an "economical repair", not what some bloke down the pub says. Who told me this? Gary Moulson, Keith Michaels insurance - who I was insured with at the time.
Old 30 July 2011, 11:49 PM
ad uk
Scooby Regular

thank chocolate mines 559 red same as yours and prodrive wheels same as yours in black tho and ive gone all colour coded check it out in west mids impreza on here wmi rides thread 3rd page i think mate
Old 30 July 2011, 11:54 PM
scottydog137
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
No, I had extra work done myself as it needed doing prior to the crash. If I'd have simply had just the damage repaired the car would have looked slightly odd and/or patchy. Can you not read? I thus invested some of my own cash on none damaged paintwork so take advantage of a bad situation.

I still call bullsh1t on your "assessor" comment. If that is true then there are some bent folks in the insurance business bumping prices to gain from certain marques of car being written off.

To the OP, ignore the bullsh1t comments and best of luck with getting the Scoob repaired. There is a percentage mark which reflects the cars value in regards to the repair costs. When this is breached, that's when cars can be written off due to not being an "economical repair", not what some bloke down the pub says. Who told me this? Gary Moulson, Keith Michaels insurance - who I was insured with at the time.
Im not getting involved in a post ***** arguement with you,

Just stating the facts and knowledge i have within the industry,

To the OP good luck and don't let the salvage\insurance company take the car away from yourself

Last edited by scottydog137; 31 July 2011 at 12:01 AM. Reason: typo
Old 31 July 2011, 12:00 AM
ad uk
Scooby Regular

no mate ive insisted that i keep the car in my possesion tbo. so will post up monday nite see what the verdict is
Old 31 July 2011, 12:05 AM
Scooby Parts
Former Sponsor

It will be written off mate.

Dont let it get taken to a salvage yard either as bits will go missing/dents will appear.

Get it back with a cheque in your hand and fingers crossed you'll break even getting it back on the road shiny again.

Last edited by Scooby Parts; 31 July 2011 at 12:07 AM.
Old 31 July 2011, 12:07 AM
ad uk
Scooby Regular

yea tbo i was thinking that or i will get it back and break it for parts but dont really want to do that but will finf out monday how much they will give me
Old 31 July 2011, 07:45 AM
andy bird
Scooby Regular

Dont any of the insurers you use give.gauranteed value on the car? You never get a decent price for old Jap cars
Old 31 July 2011, 09:20 AM
B4D HK
Scooby Senior

ad you have text
Old 31 July 2011, 01:19 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by andy bird
Dont any of the insurers you use give.gauranteed value on the car? You never get a decent price for old Jap cars

My insurer (Zurich) gives an pre-arranged agreed value on my cars.

They are buggers on renewal time though as they have a habit of halving it to some daft value in hope I don't notice, so I have to ring up and get them to make it something sensible in relation to the car's actual value (basically I look on the autotrader and see how much it'll cost for me to get one with similar age/miles).

Obviously if an insurer take the p*ss with the cars value - proof of its condition is gold when trying to justify your position and the cost involved in getting a like for like replacement car...the invoices for the full respray for example, along with pictures, would prove the car is worth more than typical market value and would cost more to replace with another car in like for like condition. Bearing in mind you can't get betterment, but you are fully entitled to be put in the exact same pre-accident position, be it via financial compensation or repair to the car.

Obviously getting the person in teh call centre to give in to what they pressure you to do/accept as the 'industry norm' takes time, a calm temper, and assertive justifications. With all conversations, names, refrence numbers, dates and times all written down for accurate reference. Remember; their business model relies on paying out as little money as possible.

Last edited by ALi-B; 31 July 2011 at 01:29 PM.
Old 31 July 2011, 01:53 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Rubbish, had the side taken off of mine, literally! and it was repaired. It depends on the value of the car vs. the costs to repair.

Re approved bodyshops - often the 'approved' bodyshops are not always the best but the ones who provided the lowest tender to win the work from the insurance company. If you have a good repairers then use them. More hassle and paperwork but can be better in the long run.
Old 31 July 2011, 03:34 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Zohan
Rubbish, had the side taken off of mine, literally! and it was repaired. It depends on the value of the car vs. the costs to repair.
Ah good, not just me that thought that quote was bollocks?
Old 31 July 2011, 04:15 PM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it will be boderline wether they give it a total loss, I think they still work on the 60% rule, So what ever the car is worth if the repair comes to more than 60% of the cost of the car they normally record it as a total loss, When buying back whatever settlement they offer you the buyback cost will be approx 21% so definately worth buying it back because if they total loss it for around the 2k mark it will cost you £440 to buy back, Bearing in mind you`ll have your excess to come off this too, As an example if it is £250 you will get your car back and a cheque for £1310(£2000 less buyback cost, less excess),

Hope it works out for you, I wrote my last scooby off after 5 years of careful ownership, Bearing in mind it was an 02 WRX modded, I pulled over 6K back out of it in total and that was in April this year, Not bad considering they are selling for £2.5k at the mo(Standard),

Gaz.

Last edited by The Pink Ninja; 31 July 2011 at 04:17 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 31 July 2011, 04:25 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Utter, utter tosh.
So even before he has seen the car or know's any other details about it or the accident it's been involved in, it's fate has already been decided.
Jog on chap, the toilet is down the hallway on the left - that's the best place to talk ****e
Old 31 July 2011, 04:28 PM
prodriverules
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GAZ2293
I think it will be boderline wether they give it a total loss, I think they still work on the 60% rule, So what ever the car is worth if the repair comes to more than 60% of the cost of the car they normally record it as a total loss, When buying back whatever settlement they offer you the buyback cost will be approx 21% so definately worth buying it back because if they total loss it for around the 2k mark it will cost you £440 to buy back, Bearing in mind you`ll have your excess to come off this too, As an example if it is £250 you will get your car back and a cheque for £1310(£2000 less buyback cost, less excess),

Hope it works out for you, I wrote my last scooby off after 5 years of careful ownership, Bearing in mind it was an 02 WRX modded, I pulled over 6K back out of it in total and that was in April this year, Not bad considering they are selling for £2.5k at the mo(Standard),

Gaz.
Contract repairs go as far as 80% the value of the vehicle.
Old 31 July 2011, 11:39 PM
ad uk
Scooby Regular

i shouldnt have to pay my exess due to being her insurance and going through her insurance
Old 01 August 2011, 07:02 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ad uk
i shouldnt have to pay my exess due to being her insurance and going through her insurance
Some insurers will try payout before liability is sorted minus your excess. Then when liability is sorted you would get it as part of any other settlement. Co op tried this with me when a bloke crashed into my little Peugeot. Car written off due to damage it was written off with liability admitted by his insures quickly. Had to really persuade my my insurers to release everything Inc my excess, for a £950 car minus £200 excess you can see why I was adamant.
Old 01 August 2011, 07:17 PM
scoobybaz64
Scooby Regular

when my car was hit by a volvo i said i would repair myself the assesor gave me the maximum he could to stop my car being a wright off
Old 01 August 2011, 09:11 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

So what was the verdict buddy ???
Old 02 August 2011, 11:06 PM
scottydog137
Scooby Regular

Verdict?
Old 02 August 2011, 11:41 PM
happydude303
Scooby Regular

you get any problems give me a pm i work in claims for zurich i now the drill

Quick Reply: CANT BELEIVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!