Sponsored by:

Just found this pic

Search this Thread

Old 27 July 2011, 12:09 AM
Steve001
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Just found this pic

after 4 days straight marshalling on the Wales Rally GB car looks a little worse for wear and so do i, look like a zombie after about 10 hours kip over 4 days

worth every minute driving in and out of the stages and a spin around walter arena and i am sure the car had a grin on its little face in the place where it was born to be

Old 27 July 2011, 12:14 AM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice lol.

How did you get the Marshalling gig then?? Would love to do that!!

My cars last owner regularly took it up Walters Arena, hance the engine being dead when I bought it lol.
Old 27 July 2011, 12:20 AM
Steve001
Scooby Regular

i am a member of a local motorsport club as a competitor and a registered marshall. you can sign up as a marshall here http://www.rallystageteam.co.uk/ you have to be commited though, very very early starts and stand in all sorts of weather but its a good crack and you get front row seat for the action

steve

just noticed your from swansea so local for you, we travel down from north wales thats a trip in its self

Last edited by Steve001; 27 July 2011 at 12:21 AM.
Old 27 July 2011, 12:30 AM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Steve001
i am a member of a local motorsport club as a competitor and a registered marshall. you can sign up as a marshall here http://www.rallystageteam.co.uk/ you have to be commited though, very very early starts and stand in all sorts of weather but its a good crack and you get front row seat for the action

steve

just noticed your from swansea so local for you, we travel down from north wales thats a trip in its self
Yeah that is a trek. God knows where the Rally is going to end up as I hear rumours its gone from South Wales not to return.

But I`m well up for standing in a field getting soaked in the name of Rallying lol.
Old 27 July 2011, 12:34 AM
Steve001
Scooby Regular

here ya go

The Wales Rally GB 2011 round of the WRC will see a change in the Event format, moving to a more linear Event, starting in the North Wales town of Llundudno and moving south over the 4 day event.
Shakedown will be at the Builth Wells Showground (also the Remote Service Park for the Event) on the Wednesday morning (09:00 to 13:00).
Thursday sees the Start of the Rally in Llandudno at 1430hrs, followed by 2 new Stages on the Event: Great Orme, for 2 runnings, followed by the longer Clocaenog Stage towards the end of the day.
Friday sees 4 new Stages to WRGB: Dyfi West, Dyfi East, Gatheiniog and Dyfnant. Saturday reverts to the previously run Stages of Hafren, Sweet Lamb and Myherin and Sunday again sees the event return to Mid Wales with the Halfway, Crychan and Monument Stages, followed by a quick Service in Builth Wells before a dash to Cardiff for the Ceremonial Finish.
Old 27 July 2011, 12:40 AM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Steve001
here ya go

The Wales Rally GB 2011 round of the WRC will see a change in the Event format, moving to a more linear Event, starting in the North Wales town of Llundudno and moving south over the 4 day event.
Shakedown will be at the Builth Wells Showground (also the Remote Service Park for the Event) on the Wednesday morning (09:00 to 13:00).
Thursday sees the Start of the Rally in Llandudno at 1430hrs, followed by 2 new Stages on the Event: Great Orme, for 2 runnings, followed by the longer Clocaenog Stage towards the end of the day.
Friday sees 4 new Stages to WRGB: Dyfi West, Dyfi East, Gatheiniog and Dyfnant. Saturday reverts to the previously run Stages of Hafren, Sweet Lamb and Myherin and Sunday again sees the event return to Mid Wales with the Halfway, Crychan and Monument Stages, followed by a quick Service in Builth Wells before a dash to Cardiff for the Ceremonial Finish.
Cool, do you have to be in a club etc etc etc to do it or can you just register with that site above and go along??
Old 27 July 2011, 12:43 AM
Steve001
Scooby Regular

just register on the site (i think) just register and see what happens
Old 27 July 2011, 12:51 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was marshaling at the 1999 Wales rally GB (I think) and remember getting to our marshaling post at about 4am and nearly being run over by a crazy Colin McRae just before breakfast Great days and I miss them Driving through the stages was a real treat, we were using a Mitsubishi evo 1 on rally tyres and it was cracking fun!
Old 27 July 2011, 11:46 AM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Ah the good old days...
I remember a flat in fouth blast through Dalby in my classic.
Then I looked down at the speedo and thought, "Better stop this now it's getting silly !"

LoL

dunx