Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Wherehouse Ltd - Middlesex - BEWARE!

Search this Thread

Old 11 July 2011, 01:46 PM
madmerlin
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Wherehouse Ltd - Middlesex - BEWARE!

this is concerning a company called "Engine Warehouse Ltd" or "Heathrow Engine Ctr" + several other names by all accounts..

They are based at... 169 Brent Road, Southall, Middlesex, UB2 5LE

These guys are complete Scam artists, just google the name and you will see..
They claim to recondition engines to high standards, hundreds of customers say otherwise! - Myself included... I have just bought a 2002 bug STi, which they installed a reconditioned engine into less than 3000 mile ago, was getting a few problems so took it to a scooby garage and they informed me that the head gaskets are going, the rocker cover gaskets are gone and it has a serious internal problem, going by the noise the lump makes!

It seems all they actually do is botch the engine up so it runs, then spray it a nice new silver colour and charge the earth... Nice!!!!!!

So BEWARE anyone thinking of going there - DONT!!!!!!! save yourself a lot of time and money.. For myself i have just paid for a new car, and im now having to pay out for a recon engine + fitting as well.
Old 11 July 2011, 02:01 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I hope you'll be pursuing them for the money you've spent? They are really dishonest and should not be in business!
Old 11 July 2011, 02:05 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

**** mate, thats bad news. Have you spoken to Citizen's Advice about chasing the company? Just because you didn't buy the engine, it doesnt mean you have no rights or comeback.
Old 11 July 2011, 02:33 PM
madmerlin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Myles
**** mate, thats bad news. Have you spoken to Citizen's Advice about chasing the company? Just because you didn't buy the engine, it doesnt mean you have no rights or comeback.
No mate, have spoke to them, and wont bother to again, some horror stories on the net, one guy was told to pay up or they would burn his house down. The directors have been in court twice, but every time it gets that far they kill the company and start trading under a diff. name... Not a nice bunch of guys tbh.
Hopefully one day they will cross somebody as nasty as themselves, Karma is a wonderfull thing!
Old 11 July 2011, 02:34 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by madmerlin
No mate, have spoke to them, and wont bother to again, some horror stories on the net, one guy was told to pay up or they would burn his house down. The directors have been in court twice, but every time it gets that far they kill the company and start trading under a diff. name... Not a nice bunch of guys tbh.
Hopefully one day they will cross somebody as nasty as themselves, Karma is a wonderfull thing!
It will happen, hopefully the old Russian barman Molotov will pour them a cocktail.
Old 11 July 2011, 02:36 PM
madmerlin
Scooby Regular

It will happen, hopefully the old Russian barman Molotov will pour them a cocktail.

LOL
Old 11 July 2011, 02:39 PM
CREWJ
Scooby Regular

Old 11 July 2011, 02:42 PM
TinyTim
Scooby Regular

Sure this is the same place that got raided recently and it was on the news... Think I stuck a thread up somewhere.
Old 11 July 2011, 03:51 PM
madmerlin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TinyTim
Sure this is the same place that got raided recently and it was on the news... Think I stuck a thread up somewhere.
Oh ok, thet r still traiding though cos i spoke to them last week.
Old 11 July 2011, 04:04 PM
JGSTIPRO
Scooby Regular

No Good mate, sorry to here that. Lets hope Karma does come round to get them!
Old 11 July 2011, 04:57 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TinyTim
Yes, they've been on the telly some while back.

JohnD
Old 13 July 2011, 02:17 AM
madmerlin
Scooby Regular

Ok then the guy who sold me the car is now refusing to speek to me, somebody has suggested i take him to court, hum, this couldnt have been a worse suggestion if he had tried, i am sat here @ 2.00am still fuming, was in court all day yesterday because i took a large company to small claims as they stitched me up over some advertising for my business, the trading standards told me i would win, the small business ***. help line said i would win, ummm WRONG!! we not only lost but had to pay their costs as well.. as well as other things we had to pay their milage costs @40p per mile, 200 mile round trip, im not suggesting this was a case of the old tie act, but within 5 mins of being in there i scribbled a note to my misses which read "weve lost this" the judge was totaly negative towards us from the first minute, and in the end for him to to say "ok youve done 200 miles say at ummm 40p per mile, hum, lets just call it a round £100, ok" the system stinks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for my rant but im so pi$$ed off right now...

Anyway..

I have started a new thread asking for this, but just in case somebody reading this can help i have posted it here as well..

i am testing the water to see if it is worth getting mine reconditioned, or a straight replacement put in..

Must be an excellent runner (Dont need another dog thanks), pref. sub 50k milage and 2002 Sti so will go straight in, no pi$$in about.

Let me know what you have got and prices please...
Long or short motor - all concidered.

I am over the garage on sat morning to have a chat about which way to go, so would be good to have my options by then.

Cash waiting for right deal.
Old 13 July 2011, 02:50 AM
w44syf
Scooby Regular

they wore in the news few weeks ago fooking scums
Old 13 July 2011, 08:50 AM
midnight
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear that mate,I bet you wish you had stayed with your tuned wrx.if you do decide to pursue it through the courts,don't let lightning strike twice, get the garage to write a full report on the state of the engine. Then if you have a rebuild/new engine from the likes of api etc, get them to do the same. The more evidence you have will help With a successful claim against them . Gutted for you honestly.
Old 13 July 2011, 08:56 AM
madmerlin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by midnight
Sorry to hear that mate,I bet you wish you had stayed with your tuned wrx.if you do decide to pursue it through the courts,don't let lightning strike twice, get the garage to write a full report on the state of the engine. Then if you have a rebuild/new engine from the likes of api etc, get them to do the same. The more evidence you have will help With a successful claim against them . Gutted for you honestly.
WaaaHaayyy!!! Hows it going Midnight me old Mate

Hows your wagon going then, all good i hope..

As for mine, it will be a cold day in hell untill i trust the legal system again!

Just going to have to take it on the chin and chuck it on my credit card... Oh well, happy days, its only money.
Old 13 July 2011, 09:45 AM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer

I have worked for years with Trading Standards and so on to try and kill these people in Hounslow/ Southall / Twickenham rugby stadium area. They always have been crooks and always will be. We've never won, just set them back a bit.

Many is the time that they have been in court and they just start again tomorrow called something else. The front man was a guy named Paul Dockerill who is a particularly nasty piece of work. If I recall, he is the one that chased Roger Cook [ a good friend ] down the street with a baseball bat a few years back and Roger is heavily built and over 6 feet tall.

The traffic police had a camera on the M4 locally, known as the ' Heathrow camera ', cos that is as far as many cars got before breaking down and the services were amused to hear many times ' I can't understand how it can have broken down, as I have only just collected it from Heathrow Engine Centre !! '

All you can do is spread the word far and wide to stay away. these people are in the same league as SMR and Ideal Engines.

I don't think they are connected, but they sure act the same.

Good luck all.

David API
Old 13 July 2011, 10:44 AM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by APIDavid
I have worked for years with Trading Standards and so on to try and kill these people in Hounslow/ Southall / Twickenham rugby stadium area. They always have been crooks and always will be. We've never won, just set them back a bit.

Many is the time that they have been in court and they just start again tomorrow called something else. The front man was a guy named Paul Dockerill who is a particularly nasty piece of work. If I recall, he is the one that chased Roger Cook [ a good friend ] down the street with a baseball bat a few years back and Roger is heavily built and over 6 feet tall.

The traffic police had a camera on the M4 locally, known as the ' Heathrow camera ', cos that is as far as many cars got before breaking down and the services were amused to hear many times ' I can't understand how it can have broken down, as I have only just collected it from Heathrow Engine Centre !! '

All you can do is spread the word far and wide to stay away. these people are in the same league as SMR and Ideal Engines.

I don't think they are connected, but they sure act the same.

Good luck all.

David API
Roger Cook of the Cook Report? He was the pioneer of 'investigative journalism' for me, putting his @rse on the line every week. Good guy.

I bet its not him now!!
Old 13 July 2011, 11:17 AM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer

Roger first contacted me in about 1985, when my secretary told me it was him on the phone, we all came over very shaky. In fact all he wanted was a Toyota engine and some parts to tune it .

After l had stopped sh*tting myself, we chattered away and he was a regular on the phone. After he ' retired ' we met once or twice close to his home town for lunch.
He is very difficult to talk to, as he questions everything, even if you are mates with him.

I know he had a go at Heathrow Engines [ or whatever they called themselves that week ] through the fuzz and the VAT people. One of the directors went to jail for a while as a result of several millions of missing VAT. I remember that the non declared invoices were in the chaps garage at home. He didn't even have the sense to bin em ....

I was on the frontline on a programme on Channel 4 called " Beam and Da Silva ", sort of mini Roger Cook deal in the 1990's. That also shook 'em up for a while, but they just close and re-open an hour later, they cannot be put down permanently.
The law should not allow it, but it does and they take advantage of it.

David
Old 13 July 2011, 11:37 AM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!

Have a look here. NICE PEOPLE NOT

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-...15976480?f=rss
Old 13 July 2011, 01:41 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

my dad had dealings with them when he was in the jap engine importing business in london 15 years ago or more , he said they have always been a bunch of crooks.
Old 13 July 2011, 02:49 PM
madmerlin
Scooby Regular

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 13 July 2011, 03:39 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by M444GY
my dad had dealings with them when he was in the jap engine importing business in london 15 years ago or more , he said they have always been a bunch of crooks.
Who's your dad ? I knew most people selling Jap engines in the years since the 80's.

David
Old 13 July 2011, 05:02 PM
Ian
Scooby Regular

make you want to do things that you should not
Old 13 July 2011, 06:53 PM
madmerlin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ian
make you want to do things that you should not
Ha yes mate, your not wrong!

Im surprised no one has yet
Old 14 July 2011, 03:00 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Who's your dad ? I knew most people selling Jap engines in the years since the 80's.

David

His company was I.M.S (international motor spares) he used to do business with you guys when you were around greenford way.
Old 14 July 2011, 03:31 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!

Pm'ed
Old 14 July 2011, 03:59 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor