ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

My scoob

Search this Thread

Old 09 July 2011, 02:36 AM
wr pete
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My scoob

Hi everyone, just thought id show you all my silver WR1 yes I did say silver, no im not mad, I know they didn't make a silver one. I built this car from a accident damaged WR1 everything on the car mechanical is WR1 apart from the hawk front end, rear bumper, rear lights, and boot spoiler. I have the hawk rear window spoiler and the sti boot one but im not sure I like the look of the car with them on what do you lot think ? stealth look or big spoiler ?

yeah I know its not a real WR1, but it is mechanics wise and all electrics dccd full interior black sti seats fuel tank everything you could think of really and everything is where it should be, its also got a new ap racing clutch and the car realy flies like a good un, doner car had done 22.000mls so engine is mint with full previous history. only thing I need to get is the rear wheelarch extensions to suit the rear sti bumper but I will have them soon.

Anyway have a look and see what you think sorry for phone pics

Cheers
Old 09 July 2011, 03:40 AM
wr pete
Scooby Regular

Just to add this is my 3rd scoob ive owned scoobs for 8yrs now and cant get enough of them, I hope to keep this one for a long time as its the best base for mods ive had so far. A re map is next on the cards, and sort the suspension out, ive been looking at the stainless Eibach coilovers or maybe bc but not keen on making it too hard for road use, so im not sure yet and im not that impressed with the WR1 suspension thats on now. so id be glad of any suggestions please

Thanks guys

Pete
Old 09 July 2011, 06:10 AM
Adtmitts
Scooby Regular

Looks great! Under the bonnet looks especially tidy considering its had a transplant!
Old 09 July 2011, 11:44 AM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

front looks excellent.
if it was mine i would put the rear arch extensions on as you already have the 05 bumper.
i did this and it was an easy job if you follow the fitting guide from nasioc.
also needs a big spoiler.
by the way the arches come pre painted too.
Old 09 July 2011, 05:42 PM
wr pete
Scooby Regular

Cheers lads, yeah I did my best to make sure everything was in the right place, spent hours looking at under bonnet pics of hawkeye sti and blob.
+ ive worked on a fair few of these cars so know my way around them.

Tommy, yeah I have read the fitting thread on nasioc, ive looked everywhere for the rear arches but keep getting told its the main dealer only, so ill have to dig deep and fork out and not looking forward to drilling the body

Ive got the STI rear spoiler and the rear window hawk one, but id need to have them painted as they are WR1 colour, just not sure I want them on the car, the show off in me wants them on but... the sensible me says no cant make my mind up really.

Thanks again lads, all comments good or bad are welcome.