Sponsored by:

Imagine never being able to drive your scooy again

Search this Thread

Old 28 June 2011, 06:06 PM
hoyty
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Imagine never being able to drive your scooby again

Now imagine the reason you can't is you've lost a leg ,both legs,your arm ,or your eyesight or even a combination of them ,
Now imagine you got that serving your country ,u would be a little upset to say the least ,yeah you sign up knowing the risks true but the least you exspect is serving your country the government would take care of you .but as we all know they don't
That's where help for heroes comes in and hopefully this great community we are all members of
I posted up here a few weeks back with a link to my online donation page ,when you look at it in the donation amount says £25 but you can click on it and go as low as 25p
Not one donation from this site not a single one ,my mate who has a cossie raised over £3000 for another charity from his on line club ,so come on every body let's not be out done and show the world we care .if every body who uses this site donated a pound we would be helping a lot of guys and girls much
needed help and also putting us in very good light so please imagine not driving any thing again including your scoob then click the link and donate
Many thanks in advance

ww.bmycharity.com/helpforheroesscooby

Last edited by hoyty; 01 July 2011 at 04:39 PM.
Old 28 June 2011, 07:16 PM
acstua
Scooby Regular

Ive made a small donation, as i said on the page its the least i can do for the ladies and gentlemen who protect our Country.

http://www.bmycharity.com/helpforheroesscooby
Old 28 June 2011, 07:20 PM
scoobyman.matt
Scooby Regular

Im in the forces and already make a donation via direct debit each month.

Come on guys show your support
Old 28 June 2011, 08:00 PM
Tomwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im in the forces and donate a lot to HFH.

im sure everyone agrees its a massive help for the men and women who put there lifes on the line,

but with a lot of people all over the country doing more and more for help for heros i think people sometimes forget about other causes like kids cancer trust etc,

its hard for everyone to donate to all causes but please take this into consideration when no one has donated to your fund raising event as they might have donated it to others,

this is not to start an argument just point out some simple facts,
Old 28 June 2011, 10:23 PM
hoyty
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by acstua
Ive made a small donation, as i said on the page its the least i can do for the ladies and gentlemen who protect our Country.

http://www.bmycharity.com/helpforheroesscooby
Thank you thank you very much
Old 28 June 2011, 10:27 PM
hoyty
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tomwrx
im in the forces and donate a lot to HFH.

im sure everyone agrees its a massive help for the men and women who put there lifes on the line,

but with a lot of people all over the country doing more and
more for help for heros i think people sometimes forget about other causes like kids cancer trust etc,
its hard for everyone to donate to all causes but please take this into consideration when no one has donated to your fundraising event as they might have donated it to others,

this is not to start an argument just point out some simple facts,
No that's a fair point ,and one I do support I myself ,before I was injured and medically discharged raised money for make a wish foundation and the Macmillan trust ,I'm now just trying to help h4h the same as they helped me in my rehab
Old 28 June 2011, 10:31 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I too am serving and have both donated and raised a lot of money for service charities. Whilst I agree with the work that H4H does I disagree with the need for them. Like my physio in Kandahar we see this charity as the government's excuse to continue to abdicate the responsibility it has to support and rehabilitate injured servicemen and women who are injured in the line of their duty.

I'm not saying don't give, but when you do remember that the armed forces covenant is worthless if the government needs charity to enable it to fulfill its obligations to those injured in the course of their duty.
Old 28 June 2011, 10:43 PM
Pink_Floyd
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JonMc
I too am serving and have both donated and raised a lot of money for service charities. Whilst I agree with the work that H4H does I disagree with the need for them. Like my physio in Kandahar we see this charity as the government's excuse to continue to abdicate the responsibility it has to support and rehabilitate injured servicemen and women who are injured in the line of their duty.

I'm not saying don't give, but when you do remember that the armed forces covenant is worthless if the government needs charity to enable it to fulfill its obligations to those injured in the course of their duty.
Never a truer word spoken The government should be ashamed of themselves for continually relying on charities to help ex-forces both able and injured. Then again what do you expect from crooks who cut everything back to the bare bones, but happily dipped their hands in the honey pot of expenses thinking we'd never find out...........

The only assistance I had when being medically discharged was from the Veterans agency and that was minimal. Most of my help has come from civilian sector and charities.

It's about time we forced the government to support our troops with the same enthusiasm, vigor, passion, professionalism and commitment as those who serve do.
Old 28 June 2011, 10:52 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JonMc

Nail on the Head! unfortunatly.
Old 29 June 2011, 08:52 PM
hoyty
Scooby Regular

Bump
Old 29 June 2011, 11:06 PM
Jonny_
Scooby Regular

donation made, thanks for your service guys
Old 29 June 2011, 11:57 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Bump as i have great respect for anyone who joins the armed forces

My son tried to join the paras but was medically discharged with leg stress fractured just before finishing. He was gutted.

Tony from Hereford
Old 01 July 2011, 03:38 PM
hoyty
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jonny_
donation made, thanks for your service guys
Thank you your help is appriciated more than you know
Keep it coming guys n gals
Old 01 July 2011, 04:01 PM
Ian
Scooby Regular

hoyty, your link at the start of the thread isnt working??
Old 01 July 2011, 04:47 PM
hoyty
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ian
hoyty, your link at the start of the thread isnt working??
Thanks edited now and worked when I tried it
Please note every one £25 is the default amount set by h4h if you put your cursor behind the last 0 and click then delete you can change the amount
Thanks every one
Old 01 July 2011, 04:59 PM
Ian
Scooby Regular

I have made a small donation, its not alot as im skint at the mo, but i hope it helps all the same.

thanks
ian
Old 01 July 2011, 05:06 PM
hoyty
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ian
I have made a small donation, its not alot as im skint at the mo, but i hope it helps all the same.

thanks
ian
Thank you mate every little counts it's not how much that counts but the fact that you did donate for this cause thank you again it is really appreciated
Old 02 July 2011, 11:51 PM
hoyty
Scooby Regular

Bump
Old 06 July 2011, 03:31 PM
hoyty
Scooby Regular

Bump
Old 06 July 2011, 03:44 PM
playtime
Scooby Regular

my personal view on this is that the goverment don,t do enough for these people they spend billions on wars also 600 million to pakistan for there education of there children when that amount could change lives here.
Old 19 July 2011, 06:41 PM
hoyty
Scooby Regular

Bump let's keep it going big thanks to all who have donated already :-)
Old 24 July 2011, 07:25 PM
hoyty
Scooby Regular

Bump
Old 24 July 2011, 10:04 PM
morpheus1870
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pink_Floyd
Never a truer word spoken The government should be ashamed of themselves for continually relying on charities to help ex-forces both able and injured. Then again what do you expect from crooks who cut everything back to the bare bones, but happily dipped their hands in the honey pot of expenses thinking we'd never find out...........

The only assistance I had when being medically discharged was from the Veterans agency and that was minimal. Most of my help has come from civilian sector and charities.

It's about time we forced the government to support our troops with the same enthusiasm, vigor, passion, professionalism and commitment as those who serve do.
Bottom line is the government don't give a **** about it's service men or women, we fight for our country but our government doesnt fight for us. I have left a small donation too.