Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thank you ScoobySport!

Search this Thread

Old 27 March 2001, 11:17 PM
Blow Dog
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Simon de Banke:
<B>I've left a couple of messages for him on the aircon (not had a reply yet though)[/quote]

Not suprising!

Old 27 March 2001, 11:28 PM
Robertio
Scooby Regular

Talking

LOL
Old 27 March 2001, 11:33 PM
RonaldoH
Scooby Regular

Talking

Scoobysport Exhaust Responsible for deafening many Belguim Folk!!!

Read All About it, Read all about it!!!! (in international section)

R
Old 27 March 2001, 11:36 PM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

Don't mean to be a stick in the mud. And I certainly have no complaints about scoobysport, (they sorted the same synchro problem out for me as well as replacing the clutch), but isnt an after market company of any kind, likely to go to the ends of the earth for you in particular because they know who you are and how much influence scoobynet has?

Must stress, nothing against pete, he service on my car has always been great.
Old 27 March 2001, 11:40 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Question

Simon

What was the 4th gear problem?

F
Old 27 March 2001, 11:53 PM
SDB
Scooby Regular

Hi Adam

I genuinely don't think this is the case.

I accept what you're saying, but the subject of scoobynet's influence is an interesting one...

If it was scoobynet's influence that caused Pete to look after me, then this would be the same with ANYONE as everyone has just as much ability to come on here and warn us of a problem / bad service, etc.

I would sincerely hope (and truly believe) that scoobysport would look after every customer to the same level as they did me.

Floyd
The 4th gear synchro was humped (that's about as technical as I can get!! ). It snatched / crunched when you tried to put it into 4th at highish revs.

Cheers

Simon
Old 27 March 2001, 11:58 PM
SDB
Scooby Regular

PS... I should add...

I'm not trying to say that they were absolutely 100% bang on perfect, as we *did* have some problems...

but the IMPORTANT thing is ALWAYS...

We ALL make mistakes, it's how you deal with them afterwards that shows your true colours.

If they were scared of problems due to it being my car, the problems would be VERY unlikely to have happened, but they went to great lengths to put them right afterwards (which they should have done! But it doesn't always happen today!).

If Burnsey crashed on EVERY rally, but always went on to win, we'd still love him

Trending Topics

Old 28 March 2001, 10:49 AM
SDB
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

We're always quick to complain about things...

it's nice to be able to say something positive.

ScoobySport had my car to sort a 4th gear synchro problem and replace the aircon pump.

There were added complications outside ScoobySport's control, but Pete went to great lengths to sort out courtessy cars, etc.

There were also a couple of things I was not happy with when I got the car back and they were more than happy to have another look.

One of these things was that the left front window didn't work any more... unfortunately for me, it turned out that the reason for this was that the child lock button was pressed in!!! (haven't felt that much of pillock for some time!! lol).

It was really nice to have the reassurance that any niggles / problems would be sorted out without a quibble or so much as a comment that it was a pain.

On top of that, they always returned my calls and drove right across the country to pick up and drop off my car due to the extra time it had taken to sort out the niggles.

Thanks guys!

Simon

PS. Whilst Warranty Holdings were an absolute shower of sh*t, Ziya of Track Marques (where I bought the car from) has agreed to pay for the gear box rebuild and I've left a couple of messages for him on the aircon (not had a reply yet though), so hopefully I'll be able to give you a glowing report of them as well. I'll let you know.
Old 28 March 2001, 02:24 PM
MorayMackenzie
Scooby Senior

Cool

...But Prodrive wouldn't.

Especially the Prodrive accountancy and bodywork departments.
Old 28 March 2001, 02:50 PM
Father Jack Hackett
Scooby Regular

Wink

bit of gentle pressure on Ziya there Simon?
Old 28 March 2001, 03:29 PM
Tim Bomford
Scooby Regular

Question

Simon bought another car then? Last time I heard you had a type R coupe and I'm pretty sure they don't have child locks

Tim
Old 28 March 2001, 04:22 PM
SDB
Scooby Regular

lol @ father jack.

Tim.
Sorry.. I mean the window safety lock thing that stops the left hand window from going up or down. I still have the Type R and love it again now!

All the best

Simon
Old 28 March 2001, 05:12 PM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

Just want the point made, that I was not aiming that at scoobysport, merely at anyone that you deal with.

Once again, Pete and the team have never let me down and have looked after my imprezas consistently and efficiently.

But I do take the point, that your influence is little or no more important than any other user as far as freedom of expression goes.
Old 28 March 2001, 05:13 PM
MorayMackenzie
Scooby Senior

Cool

SDB,

You have three buttons for the windows and this happens... I suppose it's a good job theres not a diff control on your car... DOH!

Moray
Old 28 March 2001, 05:43 PM
TKH
Scooby Regular

Talking

Simon i am not quite as famous on the BBS as you and recieve the same level of service and enthusiasm as you whether it be a purchase or a request for advice.

both Pete and Tony know there stuff and being from the motor trade myself can always say they do the most important thing

THEY ALWAYS RING BACK

This is what makes the difference from good service and Great service.

Regards

Tim