ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Ch4 rally coverage. 20th

Search this Thread

Old 20 April 2002, 08:52 PM
Paul Michael Davis
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Apart from a stray ad break, This was the best show yet good mix of action, studio, and technical stuff, all the presenters are good (including Penny) and colin's leading.
Even shown how to power slide an Impreza!
Old 20 April 2002, 09:10 PM
snowcrash
Scooby Regular

Cool

I might tape the replay just for the "How to powerslide an Impreza" Section
Old 20 April 2002, 09:11 PM
Yorkie
Scooby Regular

Glad to see things are improving, I havent watched it yet its on tape, Can't wait.....
Old 20 April 2002, 10:05 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Yeah baby after the other days slight gripes thsi was an enjoyable hours worth of viewing Now might shall i still watch the eurosport version nall? Ah y not
Si
Old 20 April 2002, 10:22 PM
legacyPete
Scooby Regular

Hate to disagree but I thought it was naff. Advert blunder apart, there's still this 'duh, what's a rally car' approach and it's really bugging me now. Yeah, I know that they have got to assume most people don't know much about rallying but we're on the 5th event now. Anyone that has been watching all the programs should have got the gist by now.

And they talk too much in the studio - I'd rather see more in car footage.

Plus some of todays stuff was repeated - they've already shown the driving lesson stuff before, and they repeated in car footage of Burns.

Not that I'm saying it's bad, far from it - it's great to see primetime coverage on a terrestrial channel, the more coverage the better! I just think the Eurosport coverage is better as they don't waffle and go on about great competitions and how they have put bets on.
Old 21 April 2002, 12:37 AM
albob
Scooby Regular

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
Have to agree with paul.
thought it was good tonight, particularly the camera work; liked the footage shot by the 'roof' cam on colin's car + the helicopter shots.
it's on again on Eurosport, as i type this....... bi bi
alan
Old 21 April 2002, 01:06 AM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

shyte i was too busy drinkin i 4got da eursport version again[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Si
Old 21 April 2002, 12:13 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

I enjoyed it

Has to be said though, that it's just the eurosport coverage rebadged, but then I don't spose that's a bad thing at least I can watch it in my room when lil sis is hogging mtv

I just can't be doing with then Jon Desborough, put him in a space capsule with James Allen and let's be rid of the pair of em![img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Bob
Old 21 April 2002, 06:40 PM
navigator
Scooby Regular

my main objection to ch4 is they never go outside the top 6.
what about group N,super 1600 etc etc.
mg had a car in the wrc....never ever metioned it.What about plucky british privateers who are ding it
oh well i'll still watch it.
Old 21 April 2002, 06:50 PM
FreeT
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

thats a good point navigator, but they have improved inside cameras positions so you can see the road ahead now.

I wouldn't be surprised if they take comments on this forum seriously, and use them to improve the program for the rest of the season.

The more constructive our critisism the better the program will get, maybe even an hour for each day would be possible.

Its a win win situation.
Old 21 April 2002, 06:58 PM
nigelward
Scooby Regular

The TV coverage is provided by Dave Richard's company which owns the commercial rights to the WRC.

The pictures are then taken by the TV companies and edited to fit their various schedules and program lengths.

So yes Eurosport and CH4 will end up using the same pictures, caption graphics, etc..

Yes, I agree that it is a little dissappointing not to see the non-WRC cars (we do see below the top six otherwise there would be no coverage of Hyundia, Skoda, and Mitsubishi).

The Junior WRC is not at Cyprus as they only do six of the rounds hence why Francious Duval was driving a Focus.

But CH4's format has improved no end since the they started televising (agree about the front man, now where's that rocket )

Nigel
Old 21 April 2002, 10:32 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

ahhhh, I didn't know that, I thought Sky funded their own coverage,come to think of it, don't the BBC use similar footage/ that satelite map type thing?
Old 22 April 2002, 10:12 AM
Jiggerry Poke
Scooby Newbie

Whilst they did put on good coverage over the weekend I was a bit disappointed to see that they failed to get the time correct of what they were broadcasting on Sunday. On Saturday night they said that Sunday’s coverage would start @ 7pm on Sunday night. ….Forward to Sunday night 6.55pm CH4…. What’s this the coverage has started early and I’ve missed the start. Then the program proceeded to run for 40 mins (not a bad thing) but could they not get the time right in the first place and get the act together so that we don’t miss any of the coverage.
Oh well that’s all I have to say on that. Will just have to watch the tapes to get the fix.